Accidentally dropped Grief, stolen. My farewell to Online Bnet

No data yet

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Hoost07 wrote: 2 years ago
Do you all realize what this means? If we ever get sick of @BillyMaysed and want him to go away, all we need is a 20/20 Storch.
You could make me go away for far far less than a P Sorc torch. probably just some pgems is enough.

Dope d2r players for this big up guys

The God GODLY29ER..

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
God29 wrote: 2 years ago
Dope d2r players for this big up guys
ya tbh in the beginning i had zero Faith we were going to get that
Lo
rune, let alone have so many full Grief offers before Bryght's return. lol. People here are awesome!

Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
diablo2.io
Came for the trades, stayed for the community.

Same thing here.

But I still need to trade. WTB Amulet with x% Life Stolen

LF
Arachnid Mesh

Shimmering Small Charm
Lion Branded Grand Charm

SC NL PSN

Bnet: please don't

Blessed Hammer
Spammer
Level 92 with The Green
Shako

Lightning Fury
bender
Level 84 with budget gear
zhibg wrote: 2 years ago
Here is the deal.. for every prick asshole you encounter in the game, there is a battalion of people who would gladly help you out to get back on your feet. All this happened so fast, some of us couldn't even react. So no need to quit anything. And if you feel overwhelmed from all this, the best thing you can do is pay it forward to the next guy in your situation. Good job d2io!! Job well done.
The only prick I meet till now is connection server stoling stuff on the Ground.

LF
Arachnid Mesh

Shimmering Small Charm
Lion Branded Grand Charm

SC NL PSN

Bnet: please don't

Blessed Hammer
Spammer
Level 92 with The Green
Shako

Lightning Fury
bender
Level 84 with budget gear
This happened in a free loot game I was in a couple weeks ago. In the Rouge's encampment a barb dropped his Grief
Colossus Blade
, and I picked it up. Thought I scored. He started typing in Korean (maybe?) But I could tell he was panicking. I opened a trade window and gave it back to him, and he profusely spammed the Thank You hotkey and then gave me a bunch of free (but low value) items which I took out of politeness and then gave away once he exited the game.

Funny that it was also a Grief that accidentally dropped!
alpharius8 wrote: 2 years ago
This happened in a free loot game I was in a couple weeks ago. In the Rouge's encampment a barb dropped his Grief
Colossus Blade
, and I picked it up. Thought I scored. He started typing in Korean (maybe?) But I could tell he was panicking. I opened a trade window and gave it back to him, and he profusely spammed the Thank You hotkey and then gave me a bunch of free (but low value) items which I took out of politeness and then gave away once he exited the game.

Funny that it was also a Grief that accidentally dropped!
The life a dual wielding barb is hard. Thats why I have always open 8 sections of my stash, just in case something drops and I am desperate (in public games). People can be very bad sometimes.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
This community is amazing. Honestly I came to the forums to cry about things. Nah.

You guys rock.
Congrats to thread starter and community.

Anyway.. This could all be resolved and prevented for many people if they simply added a button in inventory to lock the gear you are wearing. Preferably in the top right corner.

A simple little icon of a lock to click with it changing from locked/unlocked image. Hovering over it should display text "locked"/"unlocked".
Nemamiah wrote: 2 years ago
Congrats to thread starter and community.

Anyway.. This could all be resolved and prevented for many people if they simply added a button in inventory to lock the gear you are wearing. Preferably in the top right corner.

A simple little icon of a lock to click with it changing from locked/unlocked image. Hovering over it should display text "locked"/"unlocked".
I haven't played classic in 20 years and it was pre 1.13 but I remember a lock button in the inventory on a per slot basis.. it would be weird if they ever took it out so maybe im trippin'.
They never had one in the 7 years I played classic/xpac.
Don't read the thread, but, as they say in one famous game, can I get your stuff?
But we do got some nice people playing! Yesterday I invited an one time trade partner to help me out with
Uber Diablo
- He killed it for me and I rewarded him with an
Ist
... It was the least I could do! I mean, we both were transparent and nice to each other. Those moments really pay off :D

Hey! I usually answer at 21:00 - 23:00 GMT-3 ◾️ Let's trade! 😃
This is so wholesome! I love this type of post. I always believe in karma and try to give items that I do not need to others.

Really happy for OP!

Please visit mythicalpegasus' store for more trades!

Paladin Gear: Pre 2.4 drop - Auradin/Tesladin

Check out some of my highlights so far in D2R :)
This thread made me create an account. Looks like a hell of a community.

I too was the recipient of a very kind person just yesterday.

I found an etheral Skullders Ire with 195ED. I thought ethereal...bleh so i went over to a "free" game and tossed it on the Ground.

A guy picked it and asked me if I was sure I wanted to drop it and I said "Yea, it's
Eth
and I don't want to get too attached to it." He pointed out that it has the repair mod on it so it would never break and offered it back to me.

There really are good people out there....they just aren't as easy to spot as the morons.
Wow, I read it months after and so touched. You guys are amazing! Thanks to community for better hope in humanity!
This is the most amazing theme I've seen so far on this site. To get everyone together and help - it was very cool.
Ah... this triggers a coming of age Memory for me, back in d2lod 1.08.

I was a young teen with no idea what I was doing and horrible gear. A duper took pity on me (I didn't know at the time he was a duper) after probably using their tools to see my inventory (again didn't know at the time this was possible). They open trade and gave me two SoJs. I was soooo happy.

A few days later I was retrieving my body in a public cow game with a full inventory. You probably know where this is going, but I wasn't able to pick up everything and when I died to a cow my SoJs and most of my other gear hit the floor. I never saw who picked up my stuff, but whispering everyone in the game one by one resulted in nada. Tween me was heartbroken.

It brings me a little closure to see that things went differently for OP this time. Really happy to have read this. Thanks Moondew for necro'ing it or I would have missed it!
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago
Ah... this triggers a coming of age Memory for me, back in d2lod 1.08.

I was a young teen with no idea what I was doing and horrible gear. A duper took pity on me (I didn't know at the time he was a duper) after probably using their tools to see my inventory (again didn't know at the time this was possible). They open trade and gave me two SoJs. I was soooo happy.

A few days later I was retrieving my body in a public cow game with a full inventory. You probably know where this is going, but I wasn't able to pick up everything and when I died to a cow my SoJs and most of my other gear hit the floor. I never saw who picked up my stuff, but whispering everyone in the game one by one resulted in nada. Tween me was heartbroken.

It brings me a little closure to see that things went differently for OP this time. Really happy to have read this. Thanks Moondew for necro'ing it or I would have missed it!
Do items really become available for other people to pick up, if you die? I thought they just stayed inside your corpse.. And if you don't retrieve it, then they're gone for good. Didn't think they were available to pick up in game? Is that true? Thanks!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Khegan 376

Zero187 wrote: 2 years ago
Do items really become available for other people to pick up, if you die? I thought they just stayed inside your corpse.. And if you don't retrieve it, then they're gone for good. Didn't think they were available to pick up in game? Is that true? Thanks!
As per Amazon Basin , you can have up to sixteen corpses - afterwards, items start dropping.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation