Description

Sup.

If you were to build Grief or Fortitude as you dropped a
Lo
and your current setup is:

Wep:
Heaven's Light

Arm: Treachery

Which one you would change first and why?
I'm leaning towards a Fortitude as the survivability without it isn't that good and it'll be easier to survive with it.

Thanks for your feedback.
Description by Psych00l

Can be used to make Runewords:

Sup.

Lo

Wep:
Heaven's Light

I'm leaning towards a Fortitude as the survivability without it isn't that good and it'll be easier to survive with it.

I personally went with Grief on my smiter due to the great boost to damage that it provides.

I use Smoke as my main armour due to the +50 all resists and enhanced defence. I have only died during one run and that was due to my own mistake. It's really great and super cheap (Just
Nef
+
Lum
!) I'm aiming to change that out for Chains of Honor instead of Fortitude myself due to better resists and +2 skills

I only prebuff with Treachery by standing in the flames before entering
Tristram
to get my resistances up to keep them in the positive scale for
Mephisto
's
Conviction
and then re-equip Smoke.

Hope that helps!

Away from my PC until Nov 8. Will reply to trade requests when I'm back.

Platform: PCRealm: EU (ladder)Battle.net tag: kermouh#2254
(Mostly) available to trade at times between 10AM - 8PM (UTC)
I believe Grief should be the first item. That 340-400 counts to ur
Smite
dmg which is a solid boost. Crushing blow weakens pretty quickly and that extra dmg from weapon is what finishes bosses down faster.
Also if u running alone that mighty Grief should help u with zealing ur way to the bosses.

Fortitude is great but not as a defensive item and that's what are u looking for if I'm correct. It's more like to boost ur dmg but without Grief and as a smiter u won't feel it. Extra life is fine but quite low with all resistances.
I can see few options for Forti like
Smoke (if we need extra survi - 50 to all ress),
Duress (if we need extra dmg via more crushing blow and little to all ress 15),
Lionheart - budget Fortitude (30all ress, 50 life +20 vita = 110 life, unfortunately not much armor)

The only good about Fortitute is that u can always give it to ur sorc merc to boost his dmg. But still. For smiter or a zealer Grief is what I would looking for as a very first item.
Personally got both of them and Grief is what changed my life. Fortitude is also great but not without the weapon ;/

kerfi#21147
As someone who recently built a Fortitude and today a Grief I can add to the sentiment, that Grief should be the priority. Given - yes I don't die with my smiter, but neither did I before, while using Smoke. With the added damage from Grief however I obliterate most enemies. At the moment I use him to farm
Travincal
and it's really made a significant difference using Grief.

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
Easy one.... Grief > Fortitude any day. You only make Fortitude when you have too many
Lo
😁
I started making Grief and never regretted it. I can also add that i have made a Fortitude afterwards and gave it to my merc ☺️.

Accepting pgems,
Ral
runes or keys as payment as well.
Fortitude imo. Cause you can at least throw it on a merc when it's not in use. Can always use a cheap Black until you make Grief

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Grief for sure. Dracs are my primary survivability, and even with
Atma
's on, interrupting
Life Tap
proc's sometimes, it's still enough to survive with just Duress and other low-tier gear.

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!
From my experience, survivability on a smiter is 50% "Pump your lightning res to the max", 49% "Proc lifetap" and 1% "everything else".

A 4 socket armor with
(for 120 light res) is about on par with Fortitude for the survivability.

Ok maybe I exaggerate a little, but you get the point.

Grief and some Crushing blow for damage, Lifetap and Light res for survivability. That's pretty much all you need.

(ok your other res ideally shouldn't be atrocious, but Light res matters more than all others combined).
Psych00l wrote: 2 years ago
Sup.

Lo

Wep:
Heaven's Light

Both are nice. Just build what you have most use for other chars too.

Stay a while and listen
Follow up question: 2nd Grief or Fortitude for a Barb (
Frenzy
/ww)?
The answer is always Grief: it is the only weapon in the game that adds a (massive) bonus to base damage and it's invaluable for any melee build. Once you have your main or dual weapons sorted out you can think about upping your defenses.

*MAYBE* in Hardcore it makes sense to build defenses first but I never played it so I don't really know. Outside of that, always hit first and hit harder than the other monsters :D

--
Available for trading on PC and Switch. Let's deal, my friend.
Grief is the most OP item in the game hands down no question! Nothing else remotely matches the damage it can do. The
Key
is that it doesn’t rely on the base weapon damage, it adds raw damage, so you can put it in the fastest base you want (
Phase Blade
).
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
Frenzy
/ww)?
Fortitude will probably be better in both cases, cover holes in your setup with the offhand for
Frenzy
and you could use the broken weapon glitch for
Whirlwind
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
Frenzy
/ww)?
Your best
Frenzy
combo would be Breath of the Dying & Death together.

(And Fortitude for body armor)
ok we go on,for Grief cb or
Phase Blade
for barbarian? and if barbarian uses Grief which skill has more effective on uber bosses ?

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel
Grief gives me Grief...but yeah, Grief first

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
Forti isn't needed for a smiter, but Grief is. Lots of good, cheaper chest armor that's comparable (Smoke,
Guardian Angel
, Duress) , but no weapon that compares to Grief (except maybe Last Wish).

My question is, Forti or CoH for smiter's merc? Currently leaning towards CoH, but everyone and their grandma recommends Forti.. I'd rather have him be able to survive ubers (without constant potions) over extra damage.

EDIT: made a CoH and seems to be working very nicely

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Manowar wrote: 1 year ago
ok we go on,for Grief cb or
Phase Blade
for barbarian? and if barbarian uses Grief which skill has more effective on uber bosses ?
Any suggestions?

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel

Zax 2

Barbarian Europe PC
Definitely Grief. Grief adds direct huge +dmg bonus to shield dmg. Effect from forti sucks in comparison to effect of Grief.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...