Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   6114 views

Description

Hello everyone,

What are your thoughts about this? I'm just interested to see people's perspective on this, even though it's really just relative to what a players' goals are, or what character(s) you actively play. I'm close to crafting one of these two runewords for myself, but I haven't decided yet. Would be nice to read other peoples outlooks and get enlightened.

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello everyone,

What are your thoughts about this? I'm just interested to see people's perspective on this, even though it's really just relative to what a players' goals are, or what character(s) you actively play. I'm close to crafting one of these two runewords for myself, but I haven't decided yet. Would be nice to read other peoples outlooks and get enlightened.

Thanks!

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!
Enigma. 100% Just so much more mobility for every character, not just sorceress. Greater farming efficiency = more runs = more Wealth.

Just my thoughts. Congrats on (being close) to one of them.

Kita
Well as you said, it highly depends what you're doing in game/what you're planning to do;

To state the obvious, if you're playing a sorc, go with Infinity.

If you're playing all characters, and immunities aren't crippling you too much, then Enigma. It's basically turning all your characters into sorc.

When I farm on my non-sorc I often feel like I'm not being very efficient, because I'd farm much faster on my sorc...

Well, Enigma put an end to that!
What are your favorite chars?

I had to make the same decision like you.

For me it was easy. I absolutely love summon necro which is my main. From time to time I play some hammerdin and Poison Necro.

For those chars Infinity is not as useful as Enigma.

If you prefer Lightsorc, Java, Trapsin etc. go for Infinity then.

It's not a question about what is better in general. It's about what chars you love to play and what's more useful for them.

Stay a while and listen
If you only play sorc => Infinity. If you want to play other characters => Enigma.

Schnorki 3276Moderator

PC
Infinity's range isn't all too great, meaning it relies heavily on positioning. Because of that, an Infinity without an Enigma is often times a fairly big waste.

Unless you're a light sorc of course then Infinity obv. beats Enigma.
But for everything else..definitely Enigma, by a very clear margin.

bs21 19

Paladin Americas PC
Enigma unless you're a Sorc!
OP
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your inputs. I like playing various characters, but I do in fact main a kick/trap hybrid and my light sorc. I enjoy playing hammerdin, but I haven't even started playing him yet... The thing is, I think something I haven't considered is the fact that Enigma is on me, whereas Infinity is heavily reliant on my mercenary surviving, too. I don't have a Fortitude for him yet, and that's probably going to cause problems, or introduce regret. Lastly, as much as Enigma is primarily sought after for it's
Teleport
enabler, it's also a fantastic armor in general; I'd definitely use it (even on a Sorc). For this reason, I think I'll work my way up to Fortitude after Enigma, and then finally an Infinity down the line.

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!
Dansyn wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your inputs. I like playing various characters, but I do in fact main a kick/trap hybrid and my light sorc. I enjoy playing hammerdin, but I haven't even started playing him yet... The thing is, I think something I haven't considered is the fact that Enigma is on me, whereas Infinity is heavily reliant on my mercenary surviving, too. I don't have a Fortitude for him yet, and that's probably going to cause problems, or introduce regret. Lastly, as much as Enigma is primarily sought after for it's
Teleport
enabler, it's also a fantastic armor in general; I'd definitely use it (even on a Sorc). For this reason, I think I'll work my way up to Fortitude after Enigma, and then finally an Infinity down the line.
This is more or less exactly what I did. I think it also comes down to a bit of luck too. But if you're fortunate it won't take too long

Best of luck

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
Infinity like 3 pop builds use (lite sorc/necro for
Corpse Explosion
/javazon).

Enigma for every class that is not sorceress lol.

Prioritize what you will use most first.

I personally went Infinity route, then as you get rune richer, you can make Enigma which is Best In Slot(BIS) for 90% of builds that aren't sorc...
Enigma if not sorc as everyone else said, with Enigma, if you use it on sorc you can skip using a talent point in
Teleport

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Illusions wrote: 2 years ago
Enigma if not sorc as everyone else said, with Enigma, if you use it on sorc you can skip using a talent point in
Teleport
I wouldn’t skip that hard point in
Teleport
. If you die your body would most likely be lost, rather than recuperating all of that experience.
Dansyn wrote: 2 years ago
Teleport
Fortitude is not a must for merc survivability. Survivability isn't its main forte even. The 300% enhanced damage is. There are plenty of items and runewords that will help you keep your merc alive. Unless you're spam-farming
Travincal
, Treachery is probably your best option.
Infinity has always been my endgame goal. I play a blizz sorc which is now forced to have
Fireball
as a backup damage. Once I get my second
Ber
I'll make my first Infinity.
Other charachters I play are Java and Bowa just for fun. Enigma has never been a thing for me.
@BaldurGK

Heads up for your cold intentions:
There are 65 monsters in hell that are immune to cold. Of those 65, your Infinity merc will break immunities only on 12. Is it worth it to spend 2
Ber
+ for this reason?
To every other enemy your merc will do literally nothing since you strip resistances all by yourself thanks to
Cold Mastery

You will have a better chance with an Obedience on your merc and will have to skip only Phys+Cold immunes (or give him
The Reaper's Toll
, so you can deal with phys immunes as well).

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago
@BaldurGK

Heads up for your cold intentions:
There are 65 monsters in hell that are immune to cold. Of those 65, your Infinity merc will break immunities only on 12. Is it worth it to spend 2
Ber
+ for this reason?
To every other enemy your merc will do literally nothing since you strip resistances all by yourself thanks to
Cold Mastery

You will have a better chance with an Obedience on your merc and will have to skip only Phys+Cold immunes (or give him
The Reaper's Toll
, so you can deal with phys immunes as well).
Thanks for your advice. I guess I'd better use that
Ber
to make a Chains of Honor for my Java.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...