diablo2.io is supported by ads
38 replies   14215 views

Description

Hey guys,

This is NOT a clickbait. I am not selling/buying
Terror
keys for an
Ist
and I do not know of a way to do it lol. Just wanted to share my impressions so far, and hopefully help some players without a clue on pricing on how this can be done, so that they do not wonder why their trade has been up for days with no replies and they do not make fools of themselves. For a price reference, check the last paragraph in this post. For my reasoning keep on reading.

Here is some background, there are keys of
Terror
, Hate, and Destruction in this game. These are used for the
Pandemonium Event
etc etc etc. You really do not need to know more, you can read about it by doing a simple google. Anyway, these 3 keys drop from different bosses: Dest from Nihaltak, Hate from
The Summoner
, and
Terror
from
The Countess
. The Hate and
Terror
keys are easier to farm. The Destruction, however is fastest.

It is generally agreed that a dest
Key
is worth a bit more than a
Terror
Key
and slightly more or about equal to the hate
Key
. Why is that? Well, as I said dest keys are thoughest to farm. Nih dungeon can get pretty nasty sometimes with certain mob combinations. Hate keys need some amount of luck when farming but are generally a breeze. Now, they are worth slightly more than the
Terror
keys because of the boss that drops the
Terror
keys.

The Countess
Many people farm
The Countess
because it is a good source of mid-high level runes. And because there are many people running
The Countess
anyway, they occasionally drop the
Key of Terror
and want to make some extra profit out of it, so they sell that for runes too. Great, nothing wrong with that. But on top of this... There are people running
The Countess
specifically for these keys, which makes an oversupply of
Terror
keys and not such of a big demand. Hence they drop a bit in value. Most of the people targeting the keys, either use them or know their real value. The issue with the "
Terror
Key
for
Ist
" (well not quite, but you get the idea) comes from the former merchants. They get the
Terror
Key
and want to make as big of a profit as possible, again, nothing wrong with that, this is how it should be. But mostly they do a bad reading of the "price check" tool and think their
Terror
Key
is worth
Pul
or
Um
, so they post it for that. At the very start there were these people asking for
Pul
per
Key
, now I see some trying to get an
Um
, and even managed to spot someone asking a
Mal
! It is always with the
Terror
keys, and I think I have just given you my understanding of why that is. People farming keys farm all of them and know their prices, people who do not know the price of keys still get Terrors. Needless to say
Um
and
Pul
offers do not often find buyers, in fact they almost never do, lol.

So for everyone being in possession of a
Terror
Key
and wondering how to price it. One
Key
is not worth much, if you get a batch then maybe you can get a better value, but a single
Key
is
Fal
-
Lem
range. If you want your
Key
to be sold quick ask for
Fal
. If you do not mind waiting a few hours for the trade ask for
Lem
. But for everyone asking
Um
+ for your keys.

Sure keys are rare, you do not get them every turn. But farming
The Countess
I bet you see waaaaay more
Terror
keys than you see
Um
+ runes. Either this is the case for everyone or I am extremely unlucky. But with that in mind, do you really think that your
Key
is so rare that it is worth an
Um
?

Did not want this to become a rant and I have tried as much as possible to keep my opinion to myself here. Hopefully someone finds that useful and we can stop the madness (or circus) that is the
Terror
keys before we see a post of someone asking for an
Ist
for one, lol. Peace all.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

y2kid 109

PC
Hey guys,

This is NOT a clickbait. I am not selling/buying
Terror
keys for an
Ist
and I do not know of a way to do it lol. Just wanted to share my impressions so far, and hopefully help some players without a clue on pricing on how this can be done, so that they do not wonder why their trade has been up for days with no replies and they do not make fools of themselves. For a price reference, check the last paragraph in this post. For my reasoning keep on reading.

Here is some background, there are keys of
Terror
, Hate, and Destruction in this game. These are used for the
Pandemonium Event
etc etc etc. You really do not need to know more, you can read about it by doing a simple google. Anyway, these 3 keys drop from different bosses: Dest from Nihaltak, Hate from
The Summoner
, and
Terror
from
The Countess
. The Hate and
Terror
keys are easier to farm. The Destruction, however is fastest.

It is generally agreed that a dest
Key
is worth a bit more than a
Terror
Key
and slightly more or about equal to the hate
Key
. Why is that? Well, as I said dest keys are thoughest to farm. Nih dungeon can get pretty nasty sometimes with certain mob combinations. Hate keys need some amount of luck when farming but are generally a breeze. Now, they are worth slightly more than the
Terror
keys because of the boss that drops the
Terror
keys.

The Countess
Many people farm
The Countess
because it is a good source of mid-high level runes. And because there are many people running
The Countess
anyway, they occasionally drop the
Key of Terror
and want to make some extra profit out of it, so they sell that for runes too. Great, nothing wrong with that. But on top of this... There are people running
The Countess
specifically for these keys, which makes an oversupply of
Terror
keys and not such of a big demand. Hence they drop a bit in value. Most of the people targeting the keys, either use them or know their real value. The issue with the "
Terror
Key
for
Ist
" (well not quite, but you get the idea) comes from the former merchants. They get the
Terror
Key
and want to make as big of a profit as possible, again, nothing wrong with that, this is how it should be. But mostly they do a bad reading of the "price check" tool and think their
Terror
Key
is worth
Pul
or
Um
, so they post it for that. At the very start there were these people asking for
Pul
per
Key
, now I see some trying to get an
Um
, and even managed to spot someone asking a
Mal
! It is always with the
Terror
keys, and I think I have just given you my understanding of why that is. People farming keys farm all of them and know their prices, people who do not know the price of keys still get Terrors. Needless to say
Um
and
Pul
offers do not often find buyers, in fact they almost never do, lol.

So for everyone being in possession of a
Terror
Key
and wondering how to price it. One
Key
is not worth much, if you get a batch then maybe you can get a better value, but a single
Key
is
Fal
-
Lem
range. If you want your
Key
to be sold quick ask for
Fal
. If you do not mind waiting a few hours for the trade ask for
Lem
. But for everyone asking
Um
+ for your keys.

Sure keys are rare, you do not get them every turn. But farming
The Countess
I bet you see waaaaay more
Terror
keys than you see
Um
+ runes. Either this is the case for everyone or I am extremely unlucky. But with that in mind, do you really think that your
Key
is so rare that it is worth an
Um
?

Did not want this to become a rant and I have tried as much as possible to keep my opinion to myself here. Hopefully someone finds that useful and we can stop the madness (or circus) that is the
Terror
keys before we see a post of someone asking for an
Ist
for one, lol. Peace all.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Thank for this post. It won't change anything but it's good to see that I am not the only one feeling a bit "uneasy" about some of the trade madness going on.

Terror
keys are just an example of a bigger issue that has taken root in the trade communities. Back in the old days of D2 (like, the early days) everyone tried to trade FAIR.

This has changed much unfortunately.

In D2R it appears to be common practise to go into a trade with the intent to screw your potential trade partner 10 times over. Buyers make completely unreasonable offers and sellers more often than not have such unreasonably high expectations that it's laughable and I wonder that trades still do happen at all.

I suppose this is simply a sign of the times we live in.

I have seen
Terror
keys offered as "the rarest thing in d2" for
Ber
+ and no, I am not kidding. It is just one facette of a much bigger issue for which there is no fix and nothing that can be done about it.

wale 39

Druid PC
Wide bid ask spread is standard for d2r. People with
Sur
ask for
Lo
when
Lo
is worth more. People with
Lo
ask for
Sur
+
Ohm
, way overshooting it. People with
Zod
ask for
Ohm
when it goes for a
Vex
. People still list
Tal
Armor for
Ohm
or
Stone of Jordan

Just how it is.
OP

y2kid 109

PC
Yep, I agree with both of you. Again, thought to compile this as a helping point for the newer players out there. And trading fair would be ideal yes, but sure when there's a bigger demand nothing wrong with asking 1:1.2 or 1:1.3 for the price rather than 1:1. This late into launch however... are not quite these times, unless you magically posses the rare items right now.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
As a person who does hundreds of runs of the Hell countess a day, I do see those keys ALL THE TIME. Much much more common than any rune past
Pul
. However, indeed I see game names in the lobbies trying to get mid/high runes for those keys, but almost any trade outside of forums in the game names tend to be very one-sided (
Shako
Ist
+
Mal
)

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Its extra funny because i was on the opposite end of this noob pricing. I farmed
The Countess
just about 10 times and she dropped 4 T keys. i never did Ubers in the past and never traded keys so i thought they were candy. I gave them away for Amns and Shaels shortly after D2R launched. lmao. DOH

People mistake the price check tool and don't see that packs of
Key
go for higher runes like
Um

From what ive seen, this site has better trades than some other sites. Another site i look at everything is like double overpriced, I guess cause there is no price check tool and people just list for what the others are listed for. Obviously only people that want fast trades or don't do their due-diligence will ever bid on those items, and the fair priced stuff will trade in minutes. Most will never sell.

I think people have been pretty reasonable in the trades I've done.

Just don't trade with trolls. lol

Add me on Bnet for quicker trade!
To be fair, the game is new, and the market is still in flux. There are not piles of bots running the game 24/7, so there isn't the huge pile of elite items driving the prices down.

Supply and demand will take care of the issue, as it always does. Once people realize that nobody is buying their goods at their price, they will either lower it, or sit on the item forever.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Its extra funny because i was on the opposite end of this noob pricing. I farmed
The Countess
just about 10 times and she dropped 4 T keys. i never did Ubers in the past and never traded keys so i thought they were candy. I gave them away for Amns and Shaels shortly after D2R launched. lmao.
That’s crazy I literally just did like 50 or 60, and she dropped one, on the last run. She was being a real stingy bitch this morning.

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
That’s crazy I literally just did like 50 or 60, and she dropped one, on the last run. She was being a real stingy bitch this morning.
ya ive been doing a lot of countess runs and she hasnt dropped another one yet. lmao. im such a noob!

OP

y2kid 109

PC
The Countess
just about 10 times and she dropped 4 T keys. i never did Ubers in the past and never traded keys so i thought they were candy. I gave them away for Amns and Shaels shortly after D2R launched. lmao. DOH
Next time, count me in for some candy pls xD

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
It is preferrable for me to farm NIkhalak due to straight-forward level patterns (both halls), potencial ilvl=95 drops and not guaranteed cold immun on boss

Feel free to check all my trades
Add me Standinsoe#2129 for fast trade
OP

y2kid 109

PC
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
ya ive been doing a lot of countess runs and she hasnt dropped another one yet. lmao. im such a noob!
@BillyMaysed On players 1 (which I assume is what you are running) she has 12% chance to drop a
Key
. So on average you should expect a
Key
every 10 runs or so. Of course it's on average so you might see 5 keys in 20 runs and you may not see a
Key
in 30 :shrug:. But whoever wants the keys, just keep farming peep she does drop them. For everyone else who run her for runes, well enjoy the candy whenever she is in the mood I guess :D

But yeah, I had noticed people doing that overpricing but for sure at the beginning there were these guys who'd come to my game asking for
Lum
rune or something, and I'd just tell them that they are asking too low of a price and give them more lol. Guess it matters a lot on who you encounter when you do not know the price. Some people will make use of you, some people will be nice and give/tell you the real value. That was another reason why I thought of writing this guide.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
I don't understand this post. Post your keys for whatever common going price is, if it doesn't sell lower it or sit on it. I think people trying to price items in a game that's this new is stupid.

Things will change as meta changes, 2 weeks ago everyone wanted nothing but keys and torches and now everyone's horny for charms.

Stop trying to price items, their value is constantly changing.
The Countess
There is nothing wrong with being generous, intentional or not ;-)

I very recently traded for a 5/6/x cta cs. The guy wanted a
Jah
but I felt it was a bit too much but offered him to add few things to even the score. In the end he added a couple 6/7% mf charms, 20 life,
Ist
Mal
and I agreed to the trade. He then told me he finally was able to make Enigma (i figured that) but now all he needed was a decent base. So I gave him a 3 socket
Dusk Shroud
after the trade so he could make it. You don't get a "tyvm!!!" from ppl very often these days. He was happy, I got what I wanted ... all good.

Sometimes ppl forget that this is still a game and meant to be fun and not a highly profitable enterprise.
OP

y2kid 109

PC
@kevdrogo Your input albeit very valuable to me is of little use for the post overall :) If you think it is stupid you can tell me in PM or try to argue with why it is not so here. Saying it is stupid because prices are changing is... ok but you lack any evidence. I did not say anywhere in my post that I am fixing these price forevermore :shrug:. Just gave people a clear picture on what the situation has been for the past 2/3 weeks or so. You may be surprised, friend, but the value of the keys has not fluctuated that much :O. Keys are not your standard early ladder items like the
Shako
. Sure, you are correct at some point everyone will have great torches and keys will be worth peanuts... But, we're not quite there (yet). You can verify by quickly browsing over the past trades.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Actually
Pul
for a
Key
isn't overpriced at all imo.

The cheapest you can get a 3x3 for is around ~
Gul
, and 9x
Pul
=
Ist
+
Pul
, which is even cheaper.

I understand that you pay extra for the 3x3 since it's a complete uber package in a single trade, but still, you would save
Um
+
Pul
by buying every single
Key
for
Pul
each.

Asking for
Um
+ however, is another story.
I just offered multiple people
Pul
+
Lem
for 2
Key of Terror
They immediately leave the game.

I offered
Ist
+ for 7
Key of Terror
, he immediately leaves the game.
What retarded site are they looking at?? Does it legit say 1
Key
=
Ist
or something??
Sick of bnet people who always think they need to get double what it's worth for them.
I don't see a problem with asking for more than some kind of "market average". They don't make a fool of themselves by doing so. In worst case they can't sell it so they either keep the item or lower the price. In case of valuable stuff this is definitely a better approach then starting out by underselling it.

Some players are completely new so they have no clue about the market and the prices. Experienced players might also need some time to figure out the prices after a break from the game.

Higher than average prices are balanced out by the lowball offers. :-D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation