diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   11590 views

Description

I only very recently started playing D2. With difficulty, I brought down
Diablo Clone
when it spawned the other day. The
Annihilus
that he dropped is near perfect (20/19/10). I have another (that is not as good as this one =D) that a very gracious patron gave me for Christmas when we met for a transaction a couple of weeks ago. Note that I'm on ladder.

The advice I seek is this: would I be better served to keep the superior
Annihilus
for myself, or to trade it away for something like high level runes?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I only very recently started playing D2. With difficulty, I brought down
Diablo Clone
when it spawned the other day. The
Annihilus
that he dropped is near perfect (20/19/10). I have another (that is not as good as this one =D) that a very gracious patron gave me for Christmas when we met for a transaction a couple of weeks ago. Note that I'm on ladder.

The advice I seek is this: would I be better served to keep the superior
Annihilus
for myself, or to trade it away for something like high level runes?

mhlg 834

Americas PC
This is an argument that can flip both ways.

I usually keep the middle quality ones for myself and trade the better ones for HRs. In my view even the lowest annie and torch are still quite good. Over time after having found a large number of them I slowly upgraded. I've been handing out the lower ones for free in trades. Twas the Night Before Christmas when I tossed a bunch of annies and torches in a free for all game.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
I would sell it too, besides you started to play recently, so that Wealth will help you to trade for some nice gear
Right, if you're relatively new to D2R, then I'd sell it and use the runes for gear that will make a more dramatic impact on your char.

Perfecting Anni/Torch/Charms/etc is usually better saved for later when you have all of your essentials.
Unless you're a min-maxer on any level in the games you play, having a near-perfect
Annihilus
probably won't matter to you versus a middling 15/15/7 or 8. Just keep in mind that it will be difficult to get an
Annihilus
of similar quality for the same cost later if you continue to play on non-ladder. However, just by virtue of time invested in the game and in-game wealth accrued over time, you should also be able to afford it later on, even if it'll cost more. Or maybe you'll get really lucky with an even more valuable item drop before the end of ladder and can swing a trade for an
Annihilus
(if you desire) back in your favor for cheap when a bunch of people start dumping their gear.

A 20/19/10 is worth about a
Ber
on ladder. It's worth at least double that on non-ladder, and that's just the local pricing on this site. Obviously, a single
Ber
does you little good if you're starting out, so you'd have to trade that for about 30
Ist
to truly start outfitting your character.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Sell, for sure.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Necrarch 1603Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Same, sell it but take a print screen before :)
Except if you really need it on your calculations on Maxroll.gg and have another way to make runes.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
There are tons of Dclone walks. They have 0 value, unless perfect or close to perfect.

My recommendation:
1) you have no gear - then sell it.
Ber
rune can give you really strong gear. And if you use worse anni you wouldnt feel any difference.
2) you have decent gear and you looking for perfect end game - not worthy sell

TL:DR if you have
Lo
Sur
Ber
Jah
rune sitting in ur stash then dont sell it. If you dont have those runes then sell it.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
There's an
Annihilus
-Inflation going on right now and it will keep going unless Blizz decides to introduce some
Annihilus
-burning feature in the future. When season 2 ends the markets on non-ladder for it will completely crash. Sell it as fast as possible is my advice

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

mhlg 834

Americas PC
Blubbalutsch wrote: 1 year ago
There's an
Annihilus
-Inflation going on right now and it will keep going unless Blizz decides to introduce some
Annihilus
-burning feature in the future. When season 2 ends the markets on non-ladder for it will completely crash. Sell it as fast as possible is my advice
Sorry to nitpick but I think you mean deflation, or a decrease in prices because there's a product glut?

I think one of you is talking about supply while the other is talking about value.

Either way, the
Annihilus
is ubiquitous now and the ones from last season that rolled over to non-ladder haven't really recovered in value as much as originally predicted, so it is in general a depreciating asset. It gets a small bump after moving from ladder to non-ladder, but after that, it will slowly decrease in value again.

EPOCH FAIL

mhlg 834

Americas PC
Inflation is a progressive increase in prices of goods. The prices on annis have been dropping for weeks because there is glut or over supply of product. A decrease in price due to over supply is deflation.

Right, but I didn't think he was using the term "inflation" in an economic context. Granted, that's how the term is defined unless we're talking about pumping air, but I didn't intend to delve deeper into semantics for a nitpick.

I kept all my best
Annihilus
charms because I knew there was going to be a day when walks would no longer happen as often as you eat in a day (transitioning from L to NL). I don't know if there is a term for this, but I am what I call a 90-95% min-maxer, so I would have a really difficult time passing on a 20/19/10. I imagine most people playing this game do not subscribe to this mentality.

However, I also haven't been in a true startup mode in over 20 years with respect to approaching this game and trading.

EPOCH FAIL

mhlg 834

Americas PC
If I was just starting out and I managed to get my hands onto a high anni, I would trade it as quickly as possible to increase my over all buying power. In practice I see very little functional difference in say a 20-17, and a 15-14. A 20-19-10 is still pretty valuable and if he's new to the game then he will probably benefit more from trading it than he will from keeping it.

I'll try to do a little less nitpicking. :D

Of course your all right with the deflation/inflation definition, but i did not define what currency i relate to and maybe i look at annis as the currency ;) Speaking of inflation as something where the number of object X grows (exponantialy) is imo better known to most people than the economic term of deflation (sorry had to add this for the sake of it)

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago
If I was just starting out and I managed to get my hands onto a high anni, I would trade it as quickly as possible to increase my over all buying power. In practice I see very little functional difference in say a 20-17, and a 15-14. A 20-19-10 is still pretty valuable and if he's new to the game then he will probably benefit more from trading it than he will from keeping it.

Agreed, and that's where I think one's level of interest and desired optimization in the game matters. If you're fairly new to the game, you most likely won't care about perfect items before you've built up a war chest of mediocre to very good items first. If you were to get bored and end up dropping the game after three months, then there was no added value to the 20/19/10 for self-use. But trading that for a
Ber
now also means you have to get acclimated to the trading world fast, because you'll have multiple trades immediately dependent on swapping that
Ber
for 30 Ists. This is where the game within a game starts, and there are definitely complex layers to it that can trip up new players.

For some of us where D2R revisited our past, the endgame goals may have already been defined before buying the game. Trading away a perfect or near-perfect item that you would use otherwise may not have been a serious consideration when you already have experience of what the next 10, 20, or 50 steps of magic finding, DClone hunting, and/or trading looks like.

EPOCH FAIL

mhlg 834

Americas PC
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
mhlg wrote: 1 year ago

Agreed, and that's where I think one's level of interest and desired optimization in the game matters. If you're fairly new to the game, you most likely won't care about perfect items before you've built up a war chest of mediocre to very good items first. If you were to get bored and end up dropping the game after three months, then there was no added value to the 20/19/10 for self-use. But trading that for a
Ber
now also means you have to get acclimated to the trading world fast, because you'll have multiple trades immediately dependent on swapping that
Ber
for 30 Ists. This is where the game within a game starts, and there are definitely complex layers to it that can trip up new players.

For some of us where D2R revisited our past, the endgame goals may have already been defined before buying the game. Trading away a perfect or near-perfect item that you would use otherwise may not have been a serious consideration when you already have experience of what the next 10, 20, or 50 steps of magic finding, DClone hunting, and/or trading looks like.
I've had my moments trading, but in the end I have just about everything I need and more. I keep looking at my high runes wondering what will I make next. Then I remember the Hammerdin I made and all the runewords I used to make the build including an Enigma, but I found the build boring to play. So I took all his stuff and spread it out to other builds. The trade market for Annies and Torches have almost reached the point of over saturation. What I don't get is why people trade a
Vex
for 3X3 keys, when they'll be lucky to get that with their Uber drop. When ladder 2 drops arrive to NL they won't be worth much with a small possible exception of Sunders, and that won't last long.

Trade it and you will never regret it!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...