Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   2927 views

Description

What do I do with all of this STUFF? I'm not new to the game, but I'm new to trading. I've managed to put together a blizzard sorc who's just barely able to do cows, Countess, Andy and Meph. I've managed to fill up 19 mules with what is probably mostly junk, but the hoarder in me won't let any of it go for fear of ditching something that I could have traded. I need advice - do you guys have any general rules of thumb you adhere to when it comes to saving and trading your drops? What do you keep? What do you let go of? How do you gauge the value of an item? What venue do you generally use to trade? The trading community at diablo2.io looks pretty promising, but the site is enduring some growing pains and isn't easily navigable at times.

Can be used to make Runewords:

What do I do with all of this STUFF? I'm not new to the game, but I'm new to trading. I've managed to put together a blizzard sorc who's just barely able to do cows, Countess, Andy and Meph. I've managed to fill up 19 mules with what is probably mostly junk, but the hoarder in me won't let any of it go for fear of ditching something that I could have traded. I need advice - do you guys have any general rules of thumb you adhere to when it comes to saving and trading your drops? What do you keep? What do you let go of? How do you gauge the value of an item? What venue do you generally use to trade? The trading community at diablo2.io looks pretty promising, but the site is enduring some growing pains and isn't easily navigable at times.
You can watch MrLlamaSC's youtube channel on what has trade value. There's 3 videos that he goes through; I thought they were pretty helpful.
I ask:
"Can I use this?" If yes, keep.
"Is this worth more than a
Lum
?" If yes, keep.
"Is this going to trade in less than a few days?" If yes, keep.
"Does it look cool on my character?" If yes, keep.

Everything else gets vendored.
Guaranteed because you have 19 mules that at least 17 of them are full of crap.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
kevdrogo wrote: 2 years ago
Guaranteed because you have 19 mules that at least 17 of them are full of crap.
pretty much this. Unless you've been playing 14 hours a day for months, which isn't possible with D2R, there's zero chance you've got THAT much stuff worth keeping. lol. Time to start tossing out stuff and stop being such a D2 klepto :P

Only pick up Flawless gems, immediately Transmute to perf

only pick up Runes
Hel
+. And even then i usually only pick up Hels and
Lem
+.

Only keep GG rares & uniques that can actually sell for a lot. 99% of rares, sets and uniques are worthless. Esp now that the market is flooded, even decent things won't trade. People already having a hard time off-loading occulus and
Shako
's for a decent price.

Got a bunch of Pgems burning a hole in your pocket? use a bunch for crafting amulets.

35px 76

PC
I use MrLlamaSCs tier lists to decide what to keep. All items that did not make it into A tier are first cataloged and then given to
Charsi
for safekeeping. Any usable items that I have more than once, I post here for trade. I almost don't care about the value, since I find trading is fun.
I was the same, I recently just made a normal game Stuff for free or pgems.
Dropped countless stuff, magefists, goldwraps, lidlesses, burizas, que hegans, vipermagis, jewels (i collected every jewel to crafts and still dont need them all).
None of this stuff sells anymore. waste of space.
I asked at the end if you guys got anything worth while would appreciate some pgems, got some in return so there you go.

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Dominoath wrote: 2 years ago
I was the same, I recently just made a normal game Stuff for free or pgems.
Yep time to be like this guy and the rest of us. Once you accumulate that sweet sweet low level trash, time to dump it in "FREE" games for all the newbs. Do your part.

Couple weeks after launch i finally started to play and made games to trade Pgems for Sigon pieces. 4 random people who've been playing nonstop since launch came in and dropped various pieces on the Ground for free until i had the set. I asked if they wanted anything, they said no. I've paid it forward to several randoms so far.

This is the way.

What you do is this:
1) Item drops - worth keeping for my build, if so keep!

2) Not worth keeping
a) Go to this site to quickly scan for value (just go to front page and enter item in search box). Ctrl+click (so they open in new tab) like 1o items in the list and quickly scan the offers and what they look for.
b) Is it worth max
Lem
? If so make every game you make a trade game in game. Name your games like this: "OJalal NFal" or "OTalBelt NLem" in Hell difficulty. Make sure to get the trade done fast so if you think it is worth
Fal
, ask for
Ko
. If you think it's worth
Lem
, ask for 1-2
Fal
. You want high overturn on your items, not the max price! I usually sell a new drop worth selling in 1-2 games (that are like 3-5 minutes each). And 5-10 minutes later I have a new drop worthy of selling. That way I can constantly sell my small/medium drops and build my rune stash.
c) Is it worth
Pul
or more, make a trade on this site.
ZoomMeeting wrote: 2 years ago
I ask:
"Can I use this?" If yes, keep.
"Is this worth more than a
Lum
?" If yes, keep.
"Is this going to trade in less than a few days?" If yes, keep.
"Does it look cool on my character?" If yes, keep.

Everything else gets vendored.
I second this, as this is also what I ask myself lol.

Same here. Absolutely agree

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation