Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   2947 views

Description

I'm sorry if this shouldn't be discussed at all, and you should definitely feel free to delete if this wasn't appropriate even if not strictly against the rules, but I do want to make it clear that I'm not asking about methods or anything similar: I just wanted to make a post about seeing the results in action.

There is apparently yet another new exploit for duplication--on Playstation 5 at least. I just joined a game, and an individual--reported--started dumping a ridiculous number, as in at least 80, of
Cathan's Seal
rings around.

I'm trying to get the image off my Playstation now for reference, but I only have a tablet to use at the moment.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm sorry if this shouldn't be discussed at all, and you should definitely feel free to delete if this wasn't appropriate even if not strictly against the rules, but I do want to make it clear that I'm not asking about methods or anything similar: I just wanted to make a post about seeing the results in action.

There is apparently yet another new exploit for duplication--on Playstation 5 at least. I just joined a game, and an individual--reported--started dumping a ridiculous number, as in at least 80, of
Cathan's Seal
rings around.

I'm trying to get the image off my Playstation now for reference, but I only have a tablet to use at the moment.
I mean, it's a very common item if you're running act bosses. Maybe he just kept them?

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
Aye. 80 Griffon's and you'd have me curious but getting 80 Cathan's just to pull a prank isn't all too expensive or unheard of.

Hell, if I had kept all of the Cathan's that dropped along the way, I could probably dump a few hundred on you. :D

That having been said..did you pick any up? If so..were any of them a different ring icon from the others? That alone would be a dead giveaway that he was full of it.
No one would dupe set items, but
Stone of Jordan
are currently being duped that is already confirmed via jsp, not long ago one asia user with a new account was selling 3k unid annis and also sojs in bulk, it was the same guy responsible for the poofing Enigmas early ladder.

There is an interesting topic on that forum about how it works and many have tried to replicate it via SP, some of them succseded in duping items without using Hero editor or going into the files, they are not eager to share their methods though, since I believe they are currently using it themselves on battle.net to dupe other valuble items.

The market is worse then it ever was even in LoD, might have to do with TZs but I doubt it, there are less bots playing D2R then original LoD and yet there are more bulk items being sold then before.

PM if I win
OP
I guess it is possible someone was just playing a joke by keeping then dumping a ton of a specific item.

I didn't think to check if it was the same icon on a lot of them.

Schnorki 3163Moderator

PC
Naitsirk wrote: 1 year ago
No one would dupe set items, but
Stone of Jordan
are currently being duped that is already confirmed via jsp, not long ago one asia user with a new account was selling 3k unid annis and also sojs in bulk, it was the same guy responsible for the poofing Enigmas early ladder.

There is an interesting topic on that forum about how it works and many have tried to replicate it via SP, some of them succseded in duping items without using Hero editor or going into the files, they are not eager to share their methods though, since I believe they are currently using it themselves on battle.net to dupe other valuble items.

The market is worse then it ever was even in LoD, might have to do with TZs but I doubt it, there are less bots playing D2R then original LoD and yet there are more bulk items being sold then before.
Did those SoJs all have the same icon and go poof?
Did folks ID some of those annis and get the same stats on all of them, only to have them go poof afterwards?

Not saying dupes don't exist (actually, at least one currently definitely does) but considering the presumably just plain stupid amounts of bots going rampant and target-farming SoJs for streamers to feast upon, taking a quick break from that to cash in on the free annis from the same streamers who already bought their SoJs only to give them those free annis makes both of those something that will exist in equally stupid amounts. Not due to duping but due to botting alone.

Hell, I don't multibox, I don't bot and I skip like 8 out of 10 walks by now (probably more lately) and even I have hundreds of annis for sale. Some botter having thousands is by no means a far stretch. I'd actually be a bit disappointed if they aren't in the tens of thousands by now.

Again, not saying dupes definitely don't exist (history teaches otherwise and by now I happen to know otherwise *cough*) but if the argument is purely "some dude has tons of SoJs and annis!", that's not really proof by any means.

The only method I am currently aware of (figured that one out by pure accident and random happenstance) is easy enough to use in single-player, albeit more effort than just copying your files back and forth. Online, with the current state of things, it isn't something you can reliably use to create countless copies as it is neither frequent, nor reliably predictable nor can it be actively forced by you/your friends alone. But even with that limitation..it certainly shouldn't be disclosed or used (though a lot of the OG folks may have already guessed it since it isn't the first time this one existed).
It is proof that they were duped because the Enigmas this guy also sold poofed live on twitch and the guy got suspended on jsp for it, ofcourse they were duped when hes Enigmas suddenly poofed for 20 people.

When someone has a Brand new acc on that site selling 1000 sojs out of the blue and 3000 annis + 30 Enigmas early ladder something is not right, this was 2-3weeks into ladder.

PM if I win
Other than the fact that it'd be easy to just collect 80 cathan rings... The question is, why would anyone dupe them? Just to "prove his duping skills"? Why not dupe something insanely expensive, OR something that leaves no ambiguity (a rare rings with lots of mods)?

I think someone doing it as a prank is way more likely...

If you could dupe, would you dupe 80 cathan rings, for any reason?
OP
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago
If you could dupe, would you dupe 80 cathan rings, for any reason?
Duplicating is way easier than you might think, and with two people... ten minutes to dupe from one at the most.

*shrug*

Like I said, it is possible it was just a joke or something, but that would actually be weirder to me.
I think that guy was just botting and dropped all the cathan rings the bots got.
OP
R3venant wrote: 1 year ago
I think that guy was just botting and dropped all the cathan rings the bots got.
I could buy that more than just a joke.
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
R3venant wrote: 1 year ago
I could buy that more than just a joke.
seems like the best explanation, why the hell would someone bother to dupe cathan rings, lol.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...