Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
38 replies   90831 views

Description

Update as of 09/11/2021 - The site now has a dedicated trading marketplace for Diablo 2 Resurrected where you can create trades, search/filter/sort the marketplace, mark items as sold, check price history, track statistics and earn trader reputation.
Filtering through the Diablo 2 Resurrected trading market. Check out https://diablo2.io/trade today!
Filtering through the Diablo 2 Resurrected trading market. Check out https://diablo2.io/trade today!
I know people already starting to set up discord channels for trading like in PD2. The search function there allows to quickly search for items you need, unless you looking for rare items on which you want specific mods. What are the chances of getting something like Poetrade for D2R ? Surely someone in the community has the coding skills to get something up and running. They did it for PD2. We need something more than discord so people dont us d2jsp. I dont want to spend half of my play time struggling to make some trades like back in the old days.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Update as of 09/11/2021 - The site now has a dedicated trading marketplace for Diablo 2 Resurrected where you can create trades, search/filter/sort the marketplace, mark items as sold, check price history, track statistics and earn trader reputation.
I know people already starting to set up discord channels for trading like in PD2. The search function there allows to quickly search for items you need, unless you looking for rare items on which you want specific mods. What are the chances of getting something like Poetrade for D2R ? Surely someone in the community has the coding skills to get something up and running. They did it for PD2. We need something more than discord so people dont us d2jsp. I dont want to spend half of my play time struggling to make some trades like back in the old days.

Discord Dieselnow#5463

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@ReWar It's being worked on. Stay tuned.

Stormlash wrote: 2 years ago
@ReWar It's being worked on. Stay tuned.
Looking forward to it. JSP is the worst part of D2
I agree with the previous statement that D2JSP is a poison we should all strive to extirpate from the core of Diablo 2.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@ReWar check out the for more info on what the trade section will look like.

As someone who never used d2jsp Iā€™d like to know what is so bad about it (so that I wonā€™t make the same mistakes). To me, as a website, it has succeeded in having 20 years of legacy and being widely known and used not just for D2 but other games as well. Therefore one has to ask why it is so unpopular with D2 players themselves?

Deleted User 632 0

@Teebling it would be cool if we could somewhat get the trade filter sorted by price. at least at some basic level. like if price are in runes/gems you could sort by quality or quantity.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling it would be cool if we could somewhat get the trade filter sorted by price. at least at some basic level. like if price are in runes/gems you could sort by quality or quantity.
You'll be able to filter by item type (including gems etc.) just as you would the items sections, so that's already there.

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@Teebling D2JSP is cancer. It ruins the Economy. It ruins the game. It ruins the FUN. People trade items for Forum Gold and buy them the same way. Having the option to buy Forum Gold with real money doesn't help either. It ruins the Trade System, the Economy and how the game was meant to be played since Day 1 on Ladder resets. By the end of the first day of a new Ladder, you can have a fully geared character just by buying everything with the Forum Gold you "farmed" from the last Ladder. This is retarded, it's P2W and needs to go way.

Additionally, NJaguar is a known scammer and there are many testimonies online of individuals losing both tons of FG and real life money to this person. One day he just shuts down your account and steals all your money for absolutely no reasons at all.

I have been active on D2JSP when I was younger and it is a toxic, unfriendly and untrustworthy environment.
OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

As someone who never used d2jsp Iā€™d like to know what is so bad about it (so that I wonā€™t make the same mistakes). To me, as a website, it has succeeded in having 20 years of legacy and being widely known and used not just for D2 but other games as well. Therefore one has to ask why it is so unpopular with D2 players themselves?
The core of d2jsp or i should say the main guys part of that community are people who are using bots, map hacks. They have been doing it for the last 15--20 years. They are running a lot the websites selling items for real $$. The bot ban waves usually take out 1/3 of their bot numbers and they are not often enough so going back and buying more keys is still profitable.
I find if funny that after so long they didnt bother upgrading the website, the design, the look of it, it looks like a 90s website.

Discord Dieselnow#5463
ReWar wrote: 2 years ago

The core of d2jsp or i should say the main guys part of that community are people who are using bots, map hacks. They have been doing it for the last 15--20 years. They are running a lot the websites selling items for real $$. The bot ban waves usually take out 1/3 of their bot numbers and they are not often enough so going back and buying more keys is still profitable.
I find if funny that after so long they didnt bother upgrading the website, the design, the look of it, it looks like a 90s website.
As a returning player I took one look at that site and NOPED the f out.
Very wise decision, it is inhospitable to say the least, I hate that website very deeply.
OP
Cooley put up a video about it

Discord Dieselnow#5463
Way back in the early days on Battle.net there was a website called CC-Comp where we would trade items through a forum there. Eventually this turned into JSP when Paul programmed his bots and got them up and running.

I know at one point Blizzard tried to buy d2JSP, but with how much money was coming in, Paul decided not to sell.

It totally hamstrung the community in-game and forced people onto the forums because no one would trade SOJs for items anymore. Those were the common currency for quite some time on USEast and USWest. Eventually high runes took over, and then finally, forum gold became the end-all be-all.

I'd love for there to be a trading forum here, but I am equally as excited for the channels in-game to come alive again. As long as it is kept to bartering for rushes or direct item trades, it would do well. Unfortunately I think D2JSP has such a stranglehold on the market, that it will still be all-too-common to see items being sold for FG.

Hopefully Blizzard can monitor in-game trading a bit and stymie it.
Seems like he deleted it. I feel like his channel (and others) would be more impressive if they didnt use d2jsp for trading. Love his videos though.
rogfish wrote: 2 years ago
Seems like he deleted it. I feel like his channel (and others) would be more impressive if they didnt use d2jsp for trading. Love his videos though.
I watched it, idk why he took it down but he posted a new edited one this morning.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
You'll be able to filter by item type (including gems etc.) just as you would the items sections, so that's already there.
Are there any safe to use programs that we could use for easily copying all the item stats by holding our cursor over an item? Would make it easier to paste the item we have for trade into the forums (or system your working on). I faintly remember using something like this many years ago but I'm not sure if it was D2.

Deleted User 632 0

i got no idea about any programs like that. but i hope that we will also have some more functions to ease trading in game. so people don't really have to go to websites for trading. they did add item linking in the chat. that's pretty useful.
@Udyret Do you think being able to cross progress will have any impact on items?

Deleted User 632 0

i don't know @CitationNumber. will we have cross progress on b.net or is it just for single player? i can't recall seeing any info on this.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...