Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   2120 views

Description

For the NPC type database entries, here's what I was thinking each relevant column would look like (off the top of my head).

Remember this is what determines how these results are connected to each other, filtered etc. Some of these columns already exist (and are best re-used to save on space and performance) so will be 'repurposed' for NPCs. Have a look around on similar sites like Arreat or archived Amazon Basin and let me know if you think there are any other types of information we could include for each NPC entry - remember the information must be easy to source and contribute in a standardised format like the rest of the contributions we've seen so far.
  • Name of the NPC
  • Found in Zone - Zones in which this NPC appears. For example
    Deckard Cain
    would have multiple inputs (each act's camp,
    Tristram
    etc.)
  • Services rendered - Would have multiple inputs such as equipment repair, gambling, healing/removal of debuffs, socketing, imbueing, personalisation, changes Act etc.. Can you guys think of other types of service rendered by an NPC that would be worth mentioning in this data?
Automatic relation data that wouldn't need contributing manually:
  • Gives quest - Would be automatically populated by the 'Quest given by' field for Quest entries
The 'description' for NPCs would be filled in separately by contributors as is the case for items at this time.

So guys, anything else you think would be worthy of a space in the database for NPCs? Try to think wide about this - is there any data that would pair up well with other parts of the site, both existing and planned?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
For the NPC type database entries, here's what I was thinking each relevant column would look like (off the top of my head).

Remember this is what determines how these results are connected to each other, filtered etc. Some of these columns already exist (and are best re-used to save on space and performance) so will be 'repurposed' for NPCs. Have a look around on similar sites like Arreat or archived Amazon Basin and let me know if you think there are any other types of information we could include for each NPC entry - remember the information must be easy to source and contribute in a standardised format like the rest of the contributions we've seen so far.
  • Name of the NPC
  • Found in Zone - Zones in which this NPC appears. For example
    Deckard Cain
    would have multiple inputs (each act's camp,
    Tristram
    etc.)
  • Services rendered - Would have multiple inputs such as equipment repair, gambling, healing/removal of debuffs, socketing, imbueing, personalisation, changes Act etc.. Can you guys think of other types of service rendered by an NPC that would be worth mentioning in this data?
Automatic relation data that wouldn't need contributing manually:
  • Gives quest - Would be automatically populated by the 'Quest given by' field for Quest entries
The 'description' for NPCs would be filled in separately by contributors as is the case for items at this time.

So guys, anything else you think would be worthy of a space in the database for NPCs? Try to think wide about this - is there any data that would pair up well with other parts of the site, both existing and planned?

I'd love to see the Gossip listed for each character as well. Listing which quests each NPC is involved with sounds like a good idea.
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Arsteel wrote: 2 years ago
I'd love to see the Gossip listed for each character as well. Listing which quests each NPC is involved with sounds like a good idea.
Is Gossip also something easily accessible within the text files do you think?

That's an amazing idea and I second @Arsteel ! Being able to read what a specific NPC has to say would be a unique addition.

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
Maybe a little column to Lore tidbits? I might be the only one interested in this since I'm a bit geeky for the Lore behind it :)

Could find a bit of information from this website as an example: https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Akara

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
I am definitely interested in it as well !
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
I'm feeling a bit conservative at the moment about this - I think that things like NPC-Lore and gossip etc. can be added through comments or description. The database is designed to hold small numerical values and strings, not paragraphs. This kind of stuff can be added by you guys afterwards if you fancy - it's sounding like a lot of work for me already which could be spent on other things.

Agreed,

They are all listed here, if time allows, I will compile them into one huge document and list them all here as I have done with my previous guides.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Dialogue

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...