Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2166 views

Description

For the Quests type database entries, here's what I was thinking each relevant column would look like (off the top of my head).

Remember this is what determines how these results are connected to each other, filtered etc. Some of these columns already exist (and are best re-used to save on space and performance) so will be 'repurposed' for Quests. Have a look around on similar sites like Arreat or archived Amazon Basin and let me know if you think there are any other types of information we could include for each Quest entry - remember the information must be easy to source and contribute in a standardised format like the rest of the contributions we've seen so far.
  • Name of the Quest (self-explanatory)
  • Act - Quite simple really, the act in which this quest is completed in.
  • Required for progression - Is the quest optional or required for act advancement?
  • Rewards - This would be a textual description field with multiple inputs. For example completing
    The Search for Cain
    would have data here like 'Cain spawned in
    Rogue Encampment
    , Cain offers to Identify Items' etc.
  • Completed in Zone(s) - The main zone in which this Quest is completed. For example the final Quest of Act 1 '
    Sisters to the Slaughter
    ' would have the data 'Catacombs (Level 4)' for this column.
  • Quest given by - The NPC or object that initiates the Quest

The 'description' for Quests would be filled in separately by contributors as is the case for items at this time.

Anything else you think would be worthy of a space in the database for Quests? Try to think wide about this - is there any data that would pair up well with other parts of the site, both existing and planned?
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
For the Quests type database entries, here's what I was thinking each relevant column would look like (off the top of my head).

Remember this is what determines how these results are connected to each other, filtered etc. Some of these columns already exist (and are best re-used to save on space and performance) so will be 'repurposed' for Quests. Have a look around on similar sites like Arreat or archived Amazon Basin and let me know if you think there are any other types of information we could include for each Quest entry - remember the information must be easy to source and contribute in a standardised format like the rest of the contributions we've seen so far.
  • Name of the Quest (self-explanatory)
  • Act - Quite simple really, the act in which this quest is completed in.
  • Required for progression - Is the quest optional or required for act advancement?
  • Rewards - This would be a textual description field with multiple inputs. For example completing
    The Search for Cain
    would have data here like 'Cain spawned in
    Rogue Encampment
    , Cain offers to Identify Items' etc.
  • Completed in Zone(s) - The main zone in which this Quest is completed. For example the final Quest of Act 1 '
    Sisters to the Slaughter
    ' would have the data 'Catacombs (Level 4)' for this column.
  • Quest given by - The NPC or object that initiates the Quest

The 'description' for Quests would be filled in separately by contributors as is the case for items at this time.

Anything else you think would be worthy of a space in the database for Quests? Try to think wide about this - is there any data that would pair up well with other parts of the site, both existing and planned?

I am just throwing the idea out there but in 'Reward' there could be a number or a 'Quality' associated to each quests basically and the quality level would determine if the quest is worth doing, skipping or keeping for later.
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Fellowship wrote: 2 years ago
I am just throwing the idea out there but in 'Reward' there could be a number or a 'Quality' associated to each quests basically and the quality level would determine if the quest is worth doing, skipping or keeping for later.
Hmmm.. not sure about adding an arbitrary scale like that as it would be hard to dictate what 'quality' quests are ourselves.

That said, I think that a field for 'optional or mandatory' would be a good idea so people know which ones they have to complete.

Agreed !

Many players seek to aim for efficiency and skip quests such as '
Blood Raven
' for example.

Knowing which is which might help new players.

If you want me to list the 'Optional' and 'Mandatory' Quests, just let me know I would be glad to help.

Deleted User 632 0

There is a existing list like that here. @Fellowship
Quest
I think "Quest type" is not needed; coming up with exact categories will be difficult and there will be like 1-3 quests in one category. I don't think many people even need to filter quests based on category, since there's so few quests in the game and they're rather simple (to complete, not to categorize). The quest descriptions should be short and solid enough to quickly tell how the quest is completed.

The "required" column is also difficult, because basically every "mandatory" quest can be skipped one way or another. (ofc we don't know if this is the case with D2R). Unless the quest entries are written from a single-player standpoint, which might be a good idea.

Probably the most interesting filter for quests would be "awards skill point", but I suppose this will be included in the awards-column.

"Required to complete" column could be useful, and include for example "requires level X", "cube required to complete", "quest Y needs to be completed first" (Nihlatak for example) etc.

Will world events (ubers, Dclone, cowlvl etc) be included as quests?
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Arkkivuohi wrote: 2 years ago
No graphics or real official info exist for them right? But we could get creative and make them ourselves :)

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
I think "Quest type" is not needed; coming up with exact categories will be difficult and there will be like 1-3 quests in one category. I don't think many people even need to filter quests based on category, since there's so few quests in the game and they're rather simple (to complete, not to categorize). The quest descriptions should be short and solid enough to quickly tell how the quest is completed.

I agree with "Quest Type" not being needed and things such as cow level could be very nice to include. Cow level, ubers and Dclone could perhaps be included in a separate category called 'Special Quests' or something like that? Since they are quite relevant to the main game.

Another note to Quest Entries could be to include a "Difficulty Column", since new players might not know that the Ancients are going to be one hell of a fight that they might want to farm a bit for before attempting it.

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
No graphics or real official info exist for them right? But we could get creative and make them ourselves :)
Arreat Summit
is official and most of it is there. Ubers are explained, but not how to find them, same goes for D-clone. The cow level has a detailed description.

Since the "missing" info about ubers is all over the web, we'll have no problem writing it :) With the exception of D-clone, since we still have no idea how he can be spawned in D2R.
OP

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Arreat Summit
is official and most of it is there. Ubers are explained, but not how to find them, same goes for D-clone. The cow level has a detailed description.

Since the "missing" info about ubers is all over the web, we'll have no problem writing it :) With the exception of D-clone, since we still have no idea how he can be spawned in D2R.
Gotcha - I meant more the actual quest icon artwork itself - but I will whip up something cool for that :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...