Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   1528 views

Description

What's the story behind them? Don't appear to be canon, so I'm just curious what the joke or meme is as I haven't been able to find it through Google.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

What's the story behind them? Don't appear to be canon, so I'm just curious what the joke or meme is as I haven't been able to find it through Google.
I think I remember this being part of the pitch the artist did when the artworks were created.

Not 100% sure, though

I was wrong :D

Teebling 6642Admin

Europe PC
@BMAY's creation :) He made them as a satiric response to people whining about character models early on in the game's announcement. At least that's my take on it, but I'm sure he'll get the @ and explain himself here soon.

So hot right now. (zoolander)

Deleted User 54930 0

@Teebling People will whine. It is in our nature. I'm actually quite impressed by the graphics updates and how classic it feels (servers and all - see I said we whine naturally lol). Also, have to say I'm quite impressed with this site. Cheers.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
@BMAY's creation :) He made them as a satiric response to people whining about character models early on in the game's announcement. At least that's my take on it, but I'm sure he'll get the @ and explain himself here soon.
Oh satiric? I thought they were just being friendly. :D Never mind, i dig those faces, nevertheless.

"All this trouble over a tattered book."

BillyMaysed 2248Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Kazeen wrote: 2 years ago
Oh satiric? I thought they were just being friendly. :D Never mind, i dig those faces, nevertheless.
i also thought the faces just seemed great and i didnt think there was any joke behind them lol.

i love the faces @BMAY created and love seeing them around the forum :D

BMAY 585

Assassin Americas PC
Thanks for the love everyone lol.

TL:DR they're just fun..... But for the full story;

A long time ago when the new D2R graphics were first shown some people thought they strayed too far from the earlier D2 legacy concept art. I tend to agree, but ultimately it's not a big deal. After all we barely see their faces while in-game.

However, I enjoy photoshop and making things, so I made a bunch of edits, and out of curiosity, took votes across various platforms to see what people's favorites were. This was all for fun, and most people thought they were great. A select few trolls however were soured by the fan art I suppose and replied negatively, So... I made a couple more edits to "grin in their face."
Afterwards realized I liked how they looked and thought it was pretty funny, albeit somewhat creepy. So I did it for all of them and then made this image in anticipation for release.
Finally, here we are later and @Teebling has this awesome website going. I'm contributing other stuff and thought, hey what about these? I love seeing them around and think they brighten the place up lol 😅.
So that's the whole story. But all in all, it's all just good fun.

Teebling 6642Admin

Europe PC
Can we see the one you did for launch where they're all happy then sad please @BMAY

Peacku 202

Sorceress Europe PC
I absolutely adore these, amazing work :D
BMAY wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks for the love everyone lol.

TL:DR they're just fun..... But for the full story;

A long time ago when the new D2R graphics were first shown some people thought they strayed too far from the earlier D2 legacy concept art. I tend to agree, but ultimately it's not a big deal. After all we barely see their faces while in-game.
Imagine having opinions this wrong kek
(Un)holy necro, Batman! Man, seeing these smiling pictures remind me of when this forum was first made in anticipation of D2R and all the excited chatter about the Tech Alpha and whatnot, good times. 🥲
dunno, but they're so funny
hey does anyone have smiling closeups of the other characters? the group pic does not scale well...
krathkor wrote: 1 week ago
hey does anyone have smiling closeups of the other characters? the group pic does not scale well...
If you edit your profile, they're all there in the avatars

NOT PLAYING MUCH LATELY; ON MY MINECRAFT/MELEE GRIND
You can always make alternative offers with Keys.
I don't really trade in pgems.
Can trade on PC and Switch

second account JuliePayette#1511
I like the art featured in-game (they actually look like seasoned warriors), but the rictus grin edits are definitely a fun little contribution to the fandom.

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...