Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   3888 views

Description

New Character Tips & Habits

List Created by Fellowship

1- Keep two or three stamina potions early on. Being unable to run can drastically slow your progress.

2- Sell Light Mana/Health & most of all, Rejuvenation Potions. This will allow you to bank money much faster and even as Sorc, Mana only starts being a problem when you reach spells such as
Fireball
&
Nova

3- Keep Wands, Scepters, Orbs & Staff that have no Skill benefits on them (Example: A
Scepter
with only 50% More Damage Versus Undead). Store them in your stash for later acts and when you need money, put three chipped gems (any) in the cube along with the item to re-roll the stats on it. If lucky, you could turn a 500 gold item into a 30,000$ + Item.

4- Don't forget to use chipped gems early on to really boost your characters capacity. Lightning Resistance in Act 2, Fire Resistance in Act 4 are crucial and a little boost to mana and life with Rubies & Saphires is great as well.

5- Since you obtain very decent runewords quite early on, I would keep the
Chipped Topaz
for later. Transmute them into Perfect ones when you are ready to Magic Find for really good gear.

6- Do not neglect the efficiency of the Rogue Mercenary in Act 1. Equip her decently with a Rare Bow and she can hit tremendously hard. Choose the one with
Cold Arrow
and equip her well, you won't regret it.

7- I always try to get a Stealth Runeword in a
Studded Leather
Breast Plate
or a
Light Plate
. These three armor types are all Light armors and so they do not slow your character's down. Quilted, Leather and Hard Armors can also do the trick but they net you less defense.

8- Keep a
Key
on your character at all times unless you are Assassin. It might sound unimportant but some super chests could net you some very nice items.

9- Open every coffins, chests and destroy every barrels in the
Mausoleum
, the
Crypt
and
The Countess
Tower. There are more chances of dropping gems and jewelry in such containers.

10- If you encounter the rare 'Gem' shrines, have a
Topaz
of the highest quality possible in your inventory and drop the other ones before using the shrine. It will give you a gem of the quality that is above the one you have in your inventory.

12- Keep the highest
Javelin
quality that you can find as your off-hand. Early-on,
Javelin
throw deals a great deal of dammge and could save your life if you run out of mana or if you encounter a monster resistant to your magic.

13- Use Fulminating potions and Strangling gas potions against
Blood Raven
for an easier time. Sell the rest for more money.

14- Look for Wands, Orbs, rings and amulet with Faster Cast Rates for better efficiency.

15- Once you reach act 2 or as soon as you can, buy a
Belt
with 3 potion stacks.

16- As soon as you reach act 2, look at
Fara
's for Magic Find Gloves/
Boots
, a Three Socketed Shield (Ancient's Pledge) and a Two Socketed
Full Helm
(Lore).

17- If you are a Sorceress, consider purchasing a solid two socketed staff from
Drognan
(Leaf).

18- Do not waste points in something else other than Vitality early on. You only need the strength requirement for Stealth & Ancient's Pledge. Vitality gives you more Stamina and more Life. That's all you need until later levels.

19- Do not go close to a monster with 'Cursed' or 'Spectral Hit', these monsters can remove the benefits of the latest shrine you activated.

20- Make sure to kill
The Countess
until you have all the necessary runes for your runewords. Additionally, it is a perfectly good way of leveling up and gathering gems and rings.
Description by Fellowship

Can be used to make Runewords:

New Character Tips & Habits

List Created by Fellowship

1- Keep two or three stamina potions early on. Being unable to run can drastically slow your progress.

2- Sell Light Mana/Health & most of all, Rejuvenation Potions. This will allow you to bank money much faster and even as Sorc, Mana only starts being a problem when you reach spells such as
Fireball
&
Nova

3- Keep Wands, Scepters, Orbs & Staff that have no Skill benefits on them (Example: A
Scepter
with only 50% More Damage Versus Undead). Store them in your stash for later acts and when you need money, put three chipped gems (any) in the cube along with the item to re-roll the stats on it. If lucky, you could turn a 500 gold item into a 30,000$ + Item.

4- Don't forget to use chipped gems early on to really boost your characters capacity. Lightning Resistance in Act 2, Fire Resistance in Act 4 are crucial and a little boost to mana and life with Rubies & Saphires is great as well.

5- Since you obtain very decent runewords quite early on, I would keep the
Chipped Topaz
for later. Transmute them into Perfect ones when you are ready to Magic Find for really good gear.

6- Do not neglect the efficiency of the Rogue Mercenary in Act 1. Equip her decently with a Rare Bow and she can hit tremendously hard. Choose the one with
Cold Arrow
and equip her well, you won't regret it.

7- I always try to get a Stealth Runeword in a
Studded Leather
Breast Plate
or a
Light Plate
. These three armor types are all Light armors and so they do not slow your character's down. Quilted, Leather and Hard Armors can also do the trick but they net you less defense.

8- Keep a
Key
on your character at all times unless you are Assassin. It might sound unimportant but some super chests could net you some very nice items.

9- Open every coffins, chests and destroy every barrels in the
Mausoleum
, the
Crypt
and
The Countess
Tower. There are more chances of dropping gems and jewelry in such containers.

10- If you encounter the rare 'Gem' shrines, have a
Topaz
of the highest quality possible in your inventory and drop the other ones before using the shrine. It will give you a gem of the quality that is above the one you have in your inventory.

12- Keep the highest
Javelin
quality that you can find as your off-hand. Early-on,
Javelin
throw deals a great deal of dammge and could save your life if you run out of mana or if you encounter a monster resistant to your magic.

13- Use Fulminating potions and Strangling gas potions against
Blood Raven
for an easier time. Sell the rest for more money.

14- Look for Wands, Orbs, rings and amulet with Faster Cast Rates for better efficiency.

15- Once you reach act 2 or as soon as you can, buy a
Belt
with 3 potion stacks.

16- As soon as you reach act 2, look at
Fara
's for Magic Find Gloves/
Boots
, a Three Socketed Shield (Ancient's Pledge) and a Two Socketed
Full Helm
(Lore).

17- If you are a Sorceress, consider purchasing a solid two socketed staff from
Drognan
(Leaf).

18- Do not waste points in something else other than Vitality early on. You only need the strength requirement for Stealth & Ancient's Pledge. Vitality gives you more Stamina and more Life. That's all you need until later levels.

19- Do not go close to a monster with 'Cursed' or 'Spectral Hit', these monsters can remove the benefits of the latest shrine you activated.

20- Make sure to kill
The Countess
until you have all the necessary runes for your runewords. Additionally, it is a perfectly good way of leveling up and gathering gems and rings.
These tips will bathe you in gold and success.
I've been playing for a very long time and all of these are wonderful tips. But even I find myself humbled that I did not consider #3 at all. What an absolutely phenomenal tip. Thank you!
Very nice! I've played a lot back in the day and i didn't realized some of those stuff.

About #3, which recipe exactly it uses? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, a full early-game runeword game would be nice!

Khegan 376

crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
About #3, which recipe exactly it uses? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
The recipe you're looking for is 3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon.
OP
Thank you all !

I discovered most of these tips while playing and preparing before the Alpha & Beta. Some other tips I knew already or had seen online.

Hope it helps everyone upon release !

Deckard Cain, NA PC 0

Do Not Sell Rejuv pots, save and cube up for uber fights later in the game
21. Running = 0 defense (shown in LCS in D2R). Walk instead.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...