Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
0 replies   1613 views

Do the new item models for uniques & sets appear on my Resurrected character?

No data yet

Description

Yes. This is one of the few changes from the original - equipping an item with unique/set icon art will now also show on your character. Before it could just show a default graphic on your character sprite.
The 3D model of the unique maul here matches its icon artwork.
Blizzard wrote:
Shields or weapons and a lot of the unique items that you find in the game had special special kind of icon arts and that's something that we're going to be showing on your character - the new visuals.

It will be the same model that you see on those icons.

Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer 12:31 19th Feb 2021
Watch the character model as
Coif of Glory
is equipped.

Blizzard wrote:
So our goal was to be one to one with parity with the original game, so we've built every piece of armor that was in the original game and is now in the remastered version. The only difference we did is with the icon items - now we have a more connected visual with the icon and item that drops in the game (or seen on character) whereas before you had different visuals. That's the only thing we pushed on for modernisation.

Chris Amaral - Lead Artist 12:02 19th Feb 2021
Necromancer wearing Trang'Ouls or Wall of Skulls?
I think this might actually be a point of contention for some people. Personally I'm very happy with this change as we get to see in greater detail what the original artists were going for (remember they have exact source models to work from, not just sprites).
Description by Stormlash

Can be used to make Runewords:

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Yes. This is one of the few changes from the original - equipping an item with unique/set icon art will now also show on your character. Before it could just show a default graphic on your character sprite.
Blizzard wrote:
Shields or weapons and a lot of the unique items that you find in the game had special special kind of icon arts and that's something that we're going to be showing on your character - the new visuals.

It will be the same model that you see on those icons.

Andre Abrahamian - Lead Designer 12:31 19th Feb 2021
Watch the character model as
Coif of Glory
is equipped.

Blizzard wrote:
So our goal was to be one to one with parity with the original game, so we've built every piece of armor that was in the original game and is now in the remastered version. The only difference we did is with the icon items - now we have a more connected visual with the icon and item that drops in the game (or seen on character) whereas before you had different visuals. That's the only thing we pushed on for modernisation.

Chris Amaral - Lead Artist 12:02 19th Feb 2021
I think this might actually be a point of contention for some people. Personally I'm very happy with this change as we get to see in greater detail what the original artists were going for (remember they have exact source models to work from, not just sprites).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...