Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   854 views

Description

Someone randomly showed up in a trading game (non-ladder, softcore) and linked some "[Free Jahs]" item in the chat. Then they dumped like 40
Jah
runes on the Ground while everyone (myself included) played hungry-hungry-hippos (jahgry-jahgry-jippos?) on the shower of
Jah
runes.

Was this some illegal dupe or something that produced mass amounts of
Jah
runes? Should I toss these (are they counterfeit)? I'm genuinely curious as this is absolutely damaging to the rune economy. Has anyone else encountered this type of player? While I appreciate the charity, it seems too suspicious (especially with the strange item link in chat window).

Can be used to make Runewords:

Iria 10

Sorceress Americas PC
Someone randomly showed up in a trading game (non-ladder, softcore) and linked some "[Free Jahs]" item in the chat. Then they dumped like 40
Jah
runes on the Ground while everyone (myself included) played hungry-hungry-hippos (jahgry-jahgry-jippos?) on the shower of
Jah
runes.

Jah
runes? Should I toss these (are they counterfeit)? I'm genuinely curious as this is absolutely damaging to the rune economy. Has anyone else encountered this type of player? While I appreciate the charity, it seems too suspicious (especially with the strange item link in chat window).

d2jsp 90

PC
Iria wrote: 2 weeks ago
Jah
Jah
runes.

Jah
Now you need to find the game [Free Ber's], craft the required amount of Enigma, then the ID of item will be different and your
Jah
's will not disappear anywhere.

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
OP

Iria 10

Sorceress Americas PC
So they are dupes then? I should just toss them? How can I be sure when people trade me Jahs for something that they are legit?

d2jsp 90

PC
So they are dupes then? I should just toss them? How can I be sure when people trade me Jahs for something that they are legit?
You can give me all these
Jah
's for checking. If they are fake, I will lift the curse from them (if not, I will throw them into the river from the bridge in the first act).

Good day to you partner!
I'm Saul Goodman and I can already tell that I'll be your best friend in this forsaken camp. 🏴‍☠️
OP

Iria 10

Sorceress Americas PC
Very funny video lol.... but really, the guy just dropped them and didn't ask for anything in return. Was really strange.

d2jsp 90

PC
Very funny video lol.... but really, the guy just dropped them and didn't ask for anything in return. Was really strange.
Dude, the price for
Jah
's on the RMT-market is only $0.2 ea. They are worth nothing, so throwing them away is not a problem for someone who has an attack of altruism.

Good day to you partner!
Since the new ladder started a few days ago, and it happened on NLD, it's plausible that that dude just plays LD and wanted to clean up his old stuff.

ShadowHeart 2588Moderator

Europe PC
To Trang Oul's point - it's not at all unplausible for someone to accumulate that many Jahs during one ladder season, if one is actively trading. If you know what items are worth, know where/how to farm & trade effectively, then you can easily get that much or more.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1978Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
There is no massive duping or stuff like that in D2R. I don't say there is none, but it's not like in the old days. :)

And some people are really really really rich so most likely it's a legit giveaway.

In any case, even if the runes are counterfeit, they are "legitimated" when used in a runeword when they actually take a new ID, so if you don't trust, the best might be to use them. :)... or to give them yourself with the warning "use them, don't trade them". ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus

Schnorki 3703Moderator

PC
Or just keep them in your inventory for an extended period of time before trading them off to see if any poof. Just to ensure your trading partner doesn't get burned by it.

But yeah, there's plenty of folks who would end a ladder season with an excessive number of
Jah
and other stuff without duping involved (active traders, random really lucky "normal" players, streamers with badly planned giveaway inventory, botters, ...). So long as those stay focused on ladder and don't care about/do anything on NL (tends to be esp. true for streamers), them then randomly giving all of that away after season end isn't at all unusual.

More likely than not, you simply got lucky. Enjoy. :)
Happened to me once

A random guy appeared in a "free sfuff game" (I joined the game to drop some "garbage" set/unique), and asked if someone wanted high runes because he was stopping playing D2...

He gave me some
Jah
, a
Cham
and some other runes (around 75 in "
Ist
value")

(I already used everything - traded or made runewords)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
I had one guy joining a game, trading me, putting 2
Ber
and 1
Jah
into the trade. I said: "Wow, why that?" and he replied "Spread the love!". I gave them runes to a friend who just started playing, since I had no need for them.

Sometimes, good things happening are just this: good things.

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)
I should just toss them?
Be sure to give me the name of the game if you do that!
Two may play this game 😛😛
renard wrote: 2 weeks ago
I should just toss them?
Be sure to give me the name of the game if you do that!

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
Its totally possible in NL don't worry
OP

Iria 10

Sorceress Americas PC
I see, thanks for the responses. What still bugs me though is that he linked the word "[Free Jahs]" in the game chat with the orange text of runes. When I clicked on it , it showed a
Jah
rune.

I thought that this was some item that creates 40
Jah
runes when clicked or something since the guy dumped the 40 runes on the Ground very quickly.

Schnorki 3703Moderator

PC
I see, thanks for the responses. What still bugs me though is that he linked the word "[Free Jahs]" in the game chat with the orange text of runes. When I clicked on it , it showed a
Jah
rune.

I thought that this was some item that creates 40
Jah
runes when clicked or something since the guy dumped the 40 runes on the Ground very quickly.
You should've seen the item-link shenanigans common back in the LoD days... :P

Adjusting the name to whatever you want is fairly simple though as all you need to do is open your chat, link a
Jah
(or anything else) and simply move left to edit the text. And just like that, you get:
If you really wanted to, you could even change the color and all that as well. But none of it does anything to the actual item, it merely affects the chat text.
OP

Iria 10

Sorceress Americas PC
I can imagine... most modern chat windows are very protected nowadays. If the devs are not careful, one could embed html code or something in the chat and break the game or worse (e.g. arbitrary code execution exploit).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...