Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   2002 views

Description

Hi,

what are some good ways of keeping track of your items / mules? E.g. which uniques you have, which set items, how many runes, on which character. etc...
I was thinking about writing my own organiser, but maybe there is already a good solution out there?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

what are some good ways of keeping track of your items / mules? E.g. which uniques you have, which set items, how many runes, on which character. etc...
I was thinking about writing my own organiser, but maybe there is already a good solution out there?

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As for myself, I have 8 mules.

1 for runes, 1 for gems, 6 mules that each correspond to a tab here (Sets / Bases / Uniques / Rares / Crafted / Others).

+ 1 shared tab for runes, 1 for gems and keys, 1 for all other stuff.

If one is too full I
Charsi
or give the least valuable / sellable stuff.

Therefore, my listing is... the items I sell here. :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I use GoMule in single player. Try searching for AtmaStash and
Flavie
Report, those are the tools that GoMule uses internally to let you generate reports of your items. But I'm sure there are even better trackers out there.

Nate 527

Switch
I like to have a a few mules for each ‘type’. Here’s some of my mule names:

UniqGBB (gloves,
Boots
, belts)
Uniqwpns (unique weapons)
Uniques (armours and shields)
Uniqhelms
Runewords1
Runewords2
Wpnbase (bases for runewords)
Bases (armour, shields and helms)
Jewlerymule

One day maybe I’ll reorganize them a bit more, but they work for right now

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
You guys think it'd be worth building a mule organiser into the site?

I've thought about doing that many times, but always hesitated because it would be so arduous to input each individual item for online chars, and there is no API to bulk fetch item data etc. so all manual inputs.

The item graphic assets used here I cropped to standard dimensions with dimensions stored in the DB, so that they would be easy to superimpose on a standard in-game inventory UI, so it'd be easy for me to make a grid inventory UI that can be populated with items.

In this way you could have a mule manager on diablo2.io, which could cross ref with your trade listings (if they exist) for quick item location after trade, and it would double up as a grail tracker too I suppose.

Would people have the patience to do this for online chars? Would this even be a useful thing to offer? For example for quickly browsing through your character tabs to see where you put X item, being able to search or sort/filter through all your items in a web UI reminiscent of
Atma
?

i just use a spreadsheet
I have an Excel file where I keep track of all the stuff I have. It's tedious, yes. But without my Excel I'm totally lost withing my 400 unique and set items ^^

Feel free to make alternative offers. Runes or
Perfect Gems
are always welcome.
If you agree with my price suggestion, add me on BattleNet.
Teebling wrote: 10 months ago

I've thought about doing that many times, but always hesitated because it would be so arduous to input each individual item for online chars, and there is no API to bulk fetch item data etc. so all manual inputs.

<snip>

Would people have the patience to do this for online chars? Would this even be a useful thing to offer? For example for quickly browsing through your character tabs to see where you put X item, being able to search or sort/filter through all your items in a web UI reminiscent of
Atma
?
If it could automatically fetch inventory data, then it would probably be the greatest ever tool for D2R online traders. Alas, there's no API as you said.

When I was playing Elite Dangerous, someone wrote a desktop app that would read the game data and use it to update a central server. D2R inventory data has to be stored in RAM somewhere, but I don't know if this is possible to find without a proper API.

Since I believe in quick turnover, IMHO manual updates would be too time consuming to be an effective trading tool. Other "high value, low turnover" sellers may see it differently of course.

Lanceor's FoH Zealot Guide
Farm everything. Wreck Ubers.
■ Often online all day, but I'm on call so I may have to leave in a hurry.
■ Sydney timezone: UTC +11.

Why not add a field when you create a trade where you add which character(s) or shared stash(s) is the item(s) stored in?
Seems less complicated than a mule organiser and could be quite helpful i think

On Central European Time (CET)
Prices are negotiable
Looking for keys, high runes, can help with ubers, dclone or rush
Would have been great if an API and auto fetching of data existed. I know I would quickly loose patience to manually enter all items I keep.
But such a tool could also serve as trading list so maybe it's worth it.
Shared stash 1 - Runes (
Ral
Hel
Lem
-
Zod
)
Shared stash 2 - Charms
Shared stash 3 - 18 Rings, 8 Amulets, Space for muling

Charms - Extra charms (Gold find set, Physical dmg set)
Circlets
Jewels - Good jewels
Junk Jewels

Gems - 3 gems of each type and quality
Runes - Low level runes
PerfectGems
WeaponShop
ArmorShop
WeaponBases
ArmorBases

■ My timezone - UTC+06:00
■ Typically online 10pm - 02am (4pm - 8pm UTC, 9am - 1pm PST)
■ Most of my trades are Non-Ladder
■ I also accept:
Perfect Gems

■ Thank you <3
You're just flexing your
Zod
, aren't you? :P

The item graphic assets used here I cropped to standard dimensions with dimensions stored in the DB, so that they would be easy to superimpose on a standard in-game inventory UI, so it'd be easy for me to make a grid inventory UI that can be populated with items.

In this way you could have a mule manager on diablo2.io, which could cross ref with your trade listings (if they exist) for quick item location after trade, and it would double up as a grail tracker too I suppose.

Atma
?
Since item database is already there, if you could allow logged in users to manually create tabs(to represent their mules) in their profiles, from each tab they created, they can add d2r items(which will use your current database search) into those tabs?

Of course, these tabs in their profile will have options for them to hide from users or allow users to see their items.

Im not sure if this will introduce bugs or storage issue on your backend…

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Karnacier wrote: 10 months ago
Why not add a field when you create a trade where you add which character(s) or shared stash(s) is the item(s) stored in?
Seems less complicated than a mule organiser and could be quite helpful i think
I already do this by just tagging the char name in my trades.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
I use nothing and just search my mules if I look for something.

I use textfiles with markdown tables for managing characters and mules
In the end, the organisation of mules is an organic thing, growing with the items you've got.

The following mules proved to be quiet persistent for me:
  • Base Armor and Shields I + II
  • Base Weapons I + II
  • Jewels + Unique Amulets and Rings
  • Rare, crafted and magical Rings and Amulets
  • Rare crafted and magical Circlets, Belts, Gloves and
    Boots
    I + II
  • Charms (except Skillers)
  • Sundering Charms
I got most of my mules on another account and use the shared stash there for
Annihilus
, Gheeds and torches. Also note that my second account is more of a backup solution than a place for high value items. Those i use to keep on some main champ and trade or equip ASAP.

I keep skillers and most other items in the private stash of the »most related champion«, which means e.g. that my
Fissure
Druid also got the Shapeshifting Skillers, Jalals and Shapeshifter related stuff cause i havn't build a Shapeshifter yet

The shared stash consists of the Sections:
  • Caster Amulet
    crafting ingredients,
    Blood Ring
    /Gloves crafting ingredients, Skulls, 2-3 max lvl Grand Charms, Other PGems
  • Free sharing place for Flawless Gems and any other item. Also some functional / switchable stuff, like
    Edge Bow
    , Ondals, Gheeds, etc
  • Ordered runes by Lvl, keeping 2x
    El
    -
    Dol
    , 4x
    Io
    -
    Lem
    with 2x the gem needed for upgrading. Also some Hels and all the higher runes in a rather unordered way. I also keep 1x
    Topaz
    and 1x
    Ruby
    there for
    Mal
    /
    Gul
Another handy thing is to have low/mid lvl tweaking stuff available on one champion, like: I also track the quest status, so my table looks like this:
Name Sock Hellf Runes Imbu
Foobar x/o/- -/-/o x/x/x o/o/o
Where
o = Quest done and reward claimable at NPC
- = Quest not done yet
x = Quest reward redeemed

...and order is Normal/Nightmare/Hell
Combined with a fast texteditor, this became an efficient system for me

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service. No offer lower than
Lem
please.
Sirius Delta wrote: 10 months ago
I have an Excel file where I keep track of all the stuff I have. It's tedious, yes. But without my Excel I'm totally lost withing my 400 unique and set items ^^
Same here. If Microsoft was
Pindleskin
then Excel would be a
Ber
drop.
At first, I had the tendency to keep every unique etc. but then I figured out that I don't use or trade most of the items normally and decided to keep valuable items.
1 base mule
2 gem mule
1 mid rune mule
1 weapon-shield mule
1 armor-
Helm
-
Belt
mule
1 boot-glove mule
1 charm-jewel-ring-ammy mule

1 shared stash for HRs
1 to collect keys, essences, tokens
1 to gems and items,

And that's it! I never duel so I keep things accordingly.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
my system.

1 char of every class:
this chars will take the class-specific gear like coronets for pala, sorc etc, skillers

than i have 6 mules
Mule-A till Mule-F

Mule-A:
Boots

Mule-B: crafted and rare rings
Mule-C: bases
and so on

so its easy for me to check which headgear for pala, sorc etc i have in stock, or skillers.

shared stash
runes, crafting, material, annis and spare torches

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation