Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   2837 views

Description

Hello people!

Im currently in the later part of act 3 where im supposed to go down and kill
Mephisto
. Thing is, the monsters are really hard... They do alot of damage and take alot of damage. What to do in this game when you are stuck like this? Is it just to go back and farming
Andariel
for new gear since
Duriel
is pretty hard him as well. Or do I go back and just grind levels to get more skillpoints and put them in skills that do more damage? Im playing as a Druid, going for the shapeshifting skills.

Please help. What do you do when you are stuck in this way?

Thanks alot :)

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello people!

Im currently in the later part of act 3 where im supposed to go down and kill
Mephisto
. Thing is, the monsters are really hard... They do alot of damage and take alot of damage. What to do in this game when you are stuck like this? Is it just to go back and farming
Andariel
for new gear since
Duriel
is pretty hard him as well. Or do I go back and just grind levels to get more skillpoints and put them in skills that do more damage? Im playing as a Druid, going for the shapeshifting skills.

Please help. What do you do when you are stuck in this way?

Thanks alot :)

BillyMaysed 2205Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yes! Farming is a huge part of this game. Its basically 90% of it. You must farm for XP and farm for sweet GG items and then farm some more!

Getting stuck is very common, so don't feel bad at all. We all get stuck and have to farm for more levels and gear, its part of the meta. :D

If you have more specific questions please feel free to list your Class, lvl, skills, stats, gear and any questions you have.

OP
Thank you for your reply! :)

Any tips on where to farm for me from where I am atm?

Sorceress Americas PC
Jonio wrote: 2 years ago
Thank you for your reply! :)

Any tips on where to farm for me from where I am atm?
What lvl are you and what build/skills are you using exactly? If you can post or attach a screenshot of your skill tree please.

Also a list of your gear. If you want me to break down specific gear you should be looking for.

What level should you be to gain maximum experience in a given area? Here's the progression:
Clvl 1-11: Act One
Clvl 12-18: Act Two
Clvl 19-23: Act Three
Clvl 24-31: Act Four
Clvl 32-36: Act Five
Clvl 37-43: Act One, Nightmare
Clvl 44-48: Act Two, Nightmare
Clvl 49-52: Act Three, Nightmare
Clvl 53-62: Act Four, Nightmare
Clvl 63-73: Act One, Hell
Clvl 74-80: Act Two, Hell
Clvl 81-83: Act Three, Hell
Clvl 83-94: Act Four, Hell
Clvl 95-99: Act Five, Hell

OP
Im playing on PS4 so its hard to list skills, gear ect unless I take a picture with the camera on my cellphone but im afraid that it will not be the best quality.

I am going shapeshifter with some skills put in that tree. 5 in
Werewolf
, 5 in
Lycanthropy
, 5 in
Feral Rage
, 5 in
Rabies
and I have put 5 skills in the summoning tree in the skill
Poison Creeper
to boost
Rabies
. Gear wise i have all rares except
Boots
thats a unique. Stat wise I go str and dex for gear but also Vitality for hp :)

Maybe this isnt what you where looking for but I promise taking pictures with the cellphone is not the best idea :P

Sorceress Americas PC
Im playing on PS4 so its hard to list skills, gear ect unless I take a picture with the camera on my cellphone but im afraid that it will not be the best quality.

I am going shapeshifter with some skills put in that tree. 5 in
Werewolf
, 5 in
Lycanthropy
, 5 in
Feral Rage
, 5 in
Rabies
and I have put 5 skills in the summoning tree in the skill
Poison Creeper
to boost
Rabies
. Gear wise i have all rares except
Boots
thats a unique. Stat wise I go str and dex for gear but also Vitality for hp :)

Maybe this isnt what you where looking for but I promise taking pictures with the cellphone is not the best idea :P
So you're level 25 then? At least list your exact weapon stats.

Although your skill choices are definitely the main reason you are struggling.

If you still have your Den of Evil respec i would use it and re-allocate the points. poison creeper is only amazing for the first 20 levels, then its almost instantly becomes a bad skill. Same with Rabies. They are extremely weak and are not viable even in the beginning of nightmare, let alone the depths of Hell.

If you can respec your skills i would do them like this:

4 in Werewolf
2 in Lycanthropy
4 in Feral Rage
5 in Ravens
5 in Spirit Wolves
5 in Oak Sage

Ravens have limited hits before they need to be resummoned but they are invincible/untargetable, they never miss and can blind targets. Surprisingly helpful for a lot of the game.
Spirit wolves are okay but they are mostly your meat shields to protect you from being overwhelmed and to act as dummy targets when you fight Act bosses. Once you're lvl 30 get a point in Grizzly and use it instead. You can only summon 1 type out of 3 at a time when it comes to the 2 Wolves and the Grizzly. unfortunately.
Oak Sage is a no brainer since it pumps up your life, your Wolves life and anyone who joints your party by a ton, they will love you!

Once you get to lvl 30 you can pump points into Fury, which will be your main attack from then on.

The item you want to farm the most for is Obedience. (Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal) (5 socket polearms) (NOT spears). Usable at lvl 41. Most of the runes are easy to get from farming
The Countess
in nightmare and it does INSANE damage. Just need to find or trade for the Ko and Fal mid runes, but they are cheap so people won't want much for them. You will use this weapon for most of the game until you find endgame stuff.

OP
Im 26 :)

Weapon stats : 7-26 , Very fast attack speed, 10% increased attack speed, 28% enhanced damage, +44 to attack rating, 5% mana stolen.

Thanks for your input and help, i will look over this and try to adjust where I can. Respec sounds like a option but I only get 2 more right? 1 in nightmare and 1 in hell?

Thanks again :)
OP
The thing I like about
Feral Rage
is the high life steal I get from it when it is at max.

Sorceress Americas PC
Im 26 :)

Weapon stats : 7-26 , Very fast attack speed, 10% increased attack speed, 28% enhanced damage, +44 to attack rating, 5% mana stolen.

Respec sounds like a option but I only get 2 more right? 1 in nightmare and 1 in hell?
are you using a shield then? Make yourself an Ancient's Pledge (Ral + Ort + Tal) in a 3os shield you can buy from
Fara
, refresh her inventory until a 3os version of the round yellow shield pops up. the name escapes me lol. Then make yourself a Rhyme (Shael + Eth) in a 2os shield at lvl 29. This will give you Cannot Be Frozen. Its a MUST for any melee build/class. Also 25 to all resistances.

Also check my New Players Guide in my signature. Its full of dozens of important tips i even forget from time to time. :)

PS yes you only get 3 total respecs, 1 per difficulty. BUT you can farm unlimited respecs once you get to Hell by killing the act bosses to create Tokens of absolution. cheers.

OP
No im using a 2 handed weapon.

If I change to 1 handed and shield, will the character be able to block when in
Werewolf
form?

Yeah I have read a bit in it already :)
OP
How do you refresh a NPCs inventory? Im playing on ps4. Do you need to relog or what is it? :)

Sorceress Americas PC
Yes he can block in any form :). But his block frames do change, they are the best in
Werewolf
and the worst in human form. Block frames just meaning how quickly he blocks. In general druids block speed is bad though, so if you don't need help with survivability stick with a high damage 2 hander.

You refresh NPC inventory by leaving town through the main town entrance for whatever act you're in, through a waypoint or through a portal. Or in A2's case, also the sewer entrance near the top.

OP
Ok thanks alot! :)

Just one more thing, If I go with this build you are suggesting... when I level up, what skills do I go for? Can I just boost the ones I got or? Is it bad for example to level
Werewolf
or lycantropy a bit more?

Sorceress Americas PC
Just one more thing, If I go with this build you are suggesting... when I level up, what skills do I go for? Can I just boost the ones I got or? Is it bad for example to level
Werewolf
or lycantropy a bit more?
Use a skill calculator like this: http://www.diablo1.ru/poleznoe/calculator.php

it will show you the diminishing returns and the exact dmg per level of all skills.

Werewolf
is great for a good amount of points but after lvl 9 the attack speed bonus drops off significantly per level. Same with
Feral Rage
, So don't put too many here. More in
Lycanthropy
since it boosts life.

But specifically you will want to max Oak Sage, Fury & Lycanthropy

OR you could instead max out
Heart of Wolverine
. If you want to be less tanky and do more damage. Dealers choice. Most go Oak Sage for the survivability.

OP
Coool! :) Thanks again for all your help!
OP
Any tips on how to get a 1 handed weapon with a nice runeword to use with this shield? :)

Im currently thinking about "Steel" but we will see. Any vendor I can visit like with the shield that has a weapon with sockets?

Thanks again for all your help :)

Sorceress Americas PC
Yes Steel is very nice and easy. Refresh
Charsi
's inventory until a 2 socketed
Scimitar
pops up. Has the highest attack speed.

see #12 on my New Players Guide for vendors/items/sockets.

Also check out my man @Havlox's HC Fury druid guide: post5528.html#p5528

All the same strategies and principles can be applied to SC as well. :D

OP
Thanks again :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation