Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   3725 views

Description

Charsi
Food (d2charsifood.com) seemed to be down. It gave me 502 Bad Gateway.

Any idea what's happening?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Charsi
Food (d2charsifood.com) seemed to be down. It gave me 502 Bad Gateway.

Any idea what's happening?
Answeredby moot111 month agoGo to post
Seems to be back up! I found a discord post explaining that he has been going through some tough times.
Just shows that these super niche websites are run by real people and don't just happen without real time and work

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
I pinged coolshoeshine (the dev) on Discord to see what's up.

No issues that I can see now. Seems to be up.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Yeah back up now:
coolshoeshine wrote:
I think it was an internet issue, high winds in my hosting area. Restarted the server and I'm good now!

Pretty cool to see that you have connections like that Teeb! :)

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.
OP
Yeah, it's up now.
Its not working again

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I guess they have maintenance operations from time to time like many sites.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
outfshu19 wrote: 1 year ago
Its not working again

@ozzy the hamsters are on strike

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
It's back up.

Its been down the last few times I tried it over a few weeks, really enjoy the site

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
TaxMan wrote: 1 month ago
Its been down the last few times I tried it over a few weeks, really enjoy the site
Charsifood is sadly down permanently, there was a message on the site briefly saying that all good things must come to an end.

There's https://charsifood.com/ and https://d2charsifood.com/ - you sure you're talking about the latter and not the former?

BTW, anyone tried contacting the author? He has his Discord and Battlenet in profile, but I'm just some rando from the internet, so I don't feel like I'm qualified to ask.

member/ozzy/

Main: Blizz Sorc 2nd: Pitzerker 3rd: Summoner Necro | SC NL only

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Teebling did :(

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
K. I just wonder... why?

I mean - the thing could live on. Even if the author can't maintain it, someone else could? After all, it's probably just a few files on a server, with hardly any upkeep - unless it's so computationally intensive and popular that it starts generating massive costs, but - come on. Community would gladly support a tool like that.

Main: Blizz Sorc 2nd: Pitzerker 3rd: Summoner Necro | SC NL only

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
sewcioj wrote: 1 month ago
K. I just wonder... why?

I mean - the thing could live on. Even if the author can't maintain it, someone else could? After all, it's probably just a few files on a server, with hardly any upkeep - unless it's so computationally intensive and popular that it starts generating massive costs, but - come on. Community would gladly support a tool like that.
I've asked him if I can host it here because I have the bare metal to do it, but no response from him for weeks.

It is quite computationally intensive btw, here's what he had to say about it when we were discussing performance in the past:
the script to recalc the avg/std dev takes a long time to run since it cycles through every item of the same type on the database

I have cronjobs running every day to recalc those

The different items are staggered, 2 hours apart.
It runs on Postgres not MySQL.

the script to recalc the avg/std dev takes a long time to run since it cycles through every item of the same type on the database
Does it calculate avg/sd in a naïve way? It can be done incrementally, without cycling through the entire data set each time.

moot11 117

Americas PC
Seems to be back up! I found a discord post explaining that he has been going through some tough times.
Just shows that these super niche websites are run by real people and don't just happen without real time and work
This post was marked as the best answer.

Necrarch 1485Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Great news !

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...