Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   693 views

Description

I believe this was a thing for the original item data and was removed with 2.4 / season 1?
Either way, I can't see any ladder only indicator for current ladder only items so either I'm blind or it does indeed not exist (anymore).

With Blizz having done a 180 and keeping S1 ladder-only stuff ladder only, leading to the assumption that the same will be true for sunder charms and potential future additions, it may be worth to add that (back) in as an item descriptor on the respective item pages. Going one step further, it'd be great to be able to then also use "ladder only" / "not ladder only" as a filter in the database sections when searching for items.
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
I believe this was a thing for the original item data and was removed with 2.4 / season 1?
Either way, I can't see any ladder only indicator for current ladder only items so either I'm blind or it does indeed not exist (anymore).

With Blizz having done a 180 and keeping S1 ladder-only stuff ladder only, leading to the assumption that the same will be true for sunder charms and potential future additions, it may be worth to add that (back) in as an item descriptor on the respective item pages. Going one step further, it'd be great to be able to then also use "ladder only" / "not ladder only" as a filter in the database sections when searching for items.
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Re-added ladder filter. Currently the only ladder-only items are the new runewords from patch 2.6. As part of 1.41.
seconded. Assuming Teebs has time.

All Prices Negotiable :-)
It can be confusing to mark Ladder only.
Sunder charms can be marked Ladder only because they can only be available in season 2.
Season 1 runewords are not. You can not make them on NL but you can buy existing one from season 1.
IMO that is why the "Ladder only" was removed.

Relax and have fun!
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Sunder charms can be marked Ladder only because they can only be available in season 2.
Season 1 runewords are not. You can not make them on NL but you can buy existing one from season 1.
That is a fair point, but if someone is not fully up to date on Diablo happenings they might waste a
Vex
trying to make a Flickering Flame or other such mistakes. For players like me who have absolutely terrible luck in this game, that can be devastating. I would rather have the label than not, personally.

All Prices Negotiable :-)

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Considering the few of them, perhaps a label "non makeable in NL" could be useful

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
It was removed, as far as I recall, because it conflicted with the original ladder only (D2, not D2:R) that wasn't applicable anymore. The recipes and dropping do remain ladder only so flagging them as such would be a good idea imo not only to save folks from wasting time and/or runes trying to find/make them in NL but also to enable direct searching for them for reference.

Though yeah, I guess for someone new who doesn't know how ladder gear transitions work and who isn't familiar with the entire concept of ladder only the nomenclature may be slightly misleading as they may expect to also not be able to trade for them in NL.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
The primary goal is to avoid to new players the loss of theirs runes after all.
Why not make it extra clear with "D2R Ladder Only Recipe/Find" then?

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
I have time to do this - what would be the best text string? 'Only found and crafted in Ladder', with a tooltip explaining that it can be transferred to Non-Ladder at the end of a season?

OP

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Personally, I'd keep the label short and simple as "Ladder only", with a tooltip then explaining along the lines of "This item can only be found/created/this recipe can only be crafted in ladder but may be available for trade in non-ladder after the introductory season for the item has passed".

The confusion "ladder only" may bring (if any) will be very limited and solely applicable to Brand new folks who have never looked into the Principle of ladder season endings/transitions at all. Explaining it to them once, be that via them looking up how ladder works or via the tooltip noted above, would cover that sufficiently I dare say. Beyond that basic introductory point, anything beyond "ladder only" just feels overly convoluted.

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Personally, I'd keep the label short and simple as "Ladder only", with a tooltip then explaining along the lines of "This item can only be found/created/this recipe can only be crafted in ladder but may be available for trade in non-ladder after the introductory season for the item has passed".
This is the thing though - that's exactly what the implementation was before. 'Ladder only' and a tooltip explaining in greater detail the nuances of the case. It caused so much confusion and complaints here that I removed it. If we can't find a better alternative to this I have to consider this case closed and for people to rely on comments for this information.

OP

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Wasn't the initial confusion due to what was marked, not how it was marked?

Been a while so I may be recalling this wrong but wasn't the thing that the ladder only flag was on those items that were ladder only in OG D2 (i.e. never ladder only in D2:R) as opposed to those added as ladder-only items with season 1 in D2:R?

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Wasn't the initial confusion due to what was marked, not how it was marked?
Yes, you're right actually. It was confusion over the original D2 LoD ladder-only indicator.

This is all of the entries marked as being Ladder only in the database atm:

Code: Select all

Seraph's Hymn
 Andariel's Visage
 Azurewrath
 Cerebus' Bite
 Darkforce Spawn
 Death Cleaver
 Death's Fathom
 Demonhorn's Edge
 Djinn Slayer
 Executioner's Justice
 Gheed's Fortune
 Griffon's Eye
 Heaven's Light
 Kira's Guardian
 Leviathan
 Mang Song's Lesson
 Metalgrid
 Nature's Peace
 Rune Master
 Shadow Dancer
 Shadow Killer
 Stoneraven
 The Reaper's Toll
 Thunderstroke
 Tomb Reaver

Things are a lot simpler now, because all of the above are now going to be Non-Ladder (or are Uniques from LoD which were ladder only way back when), which means I can set all their values to 0, and then only set this field to 1 for the new runewords coming with 2.6.

That will allow me to return the ladder-only filter and indicators (with explanatory tooltip!) to the Runewords database category, making it clear which Runewords are on Ladder and which are not. Uniques will continue to not have this filter to avoid confusion over Resurrected/LoD differences.

Teebling 5807Admin

Europe PC
Re-added ladder filter. Currently the only ladder-only items are the new runewords from patch 2.6. As part of 1.41.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...