Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   5964 views

Description

I feel like it's going to take forever at the rate I'm farming stuff worth trading and actually trade it. I've got a lot of my end game build items but getting two
Ber
runes seems like it's going to take either tons of sweat or some good luck, or leveling another class like smiter and doing
Key
runs (which also would take forever). I am actually pretty new to ever playing d2 online tho, so maybe I'm just missing something. I always played it tcp/ip back in the day.

Maybe some friendly passerby can give me tips. Here's some stuff I currently do:
1) farm Keys of Destruction since they trade well cuz
Corpse Explosion
is so dangerous, I got pretty good at running him, he's still super annoying due to vipers and occasional light immune tho and just having to reset runs if that happens.

2) farm countess, I feel like this falls off tho because
Ist
/
Pul
drops are rare and i have way too many runes that are lower than that no one wants.

3) magic find
Baal
/meph/andie. I just recently got enough MF to try it, without compromising too much by having stuff on weapon switch, I can get between 250 and 300 MF depending if i want to sac my fast cast breakpoint or not. So far these have paid off zero. I feel like you have to win the lottery to make it worthwhile. But at least it's way more fun.

4) Pits farming. I feel like this is even more rare to get something good than bosses tho tbh. I need to work on my clear speed for it a lot to make it worth it at all.

None of this is stuff other people don't know of or anything. I can get my
Nihlathak
run down to less than a minute, but as I said some of those are just have to be resets due to vipers near him or light immune. So it takes like 15 mins or more to get a
Key
especially if i slow down to also sell stuff I find to vendors.

I just recently found I'm capable of tele
Baal
and do solo runs but idk if that's even a good usage of time he takes so long because his waves are on a timer, tho I guess those are able to drop stuff too.

Any tips appreciated. Currently I'm a light sorc with
Shako
, eschutas/crescent, Spirit shield, some resist
Boots
and
Belt
Magefist
/chancies,
Skin of the Vipermagi
and a +3 light skills ammy with my rings on rotation depending on the content.

I know Infinity would open this game up to me a ton. As would being 93 so I can craft amulets (89 atm). But getting Infinity seems like an impossible mountain tbh. Anyway thanks for listening to me and any advice you can offer.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
I feel like it's going to take forever at the rate I'm farming stuff worth trading and actually trade it. I've got a lot of my end game build items but getting two
Ber
runes seems like it's going to take either tons of sweat or some good luck, or leveling another class like smiter and doing
Key
runs (which also would take forever). I am actually pretty new to ever playing d2 online tho, so maybe I'm just missing something. I always played it tcp/ip back in the day.

Maybe some friendly passerby can give me tips. Here's some stuff I currently do:
1) farm Keys of Destruction since they trade well cuz
Corpse Explosion
is so dangerous, I got pretty good at running him, he's still super annoying due to vipers and occasional light immune tho and just having to reset runs if that happens.

2) farm countess, I feel like this falls off tho because
Ist
/
Pul
drops are rare and i have way too many runes that are lower than that no one wants.

3) magic find
Baal
/meph/andie. I just recently got enough MF to try it, without compromising too much by having stuff on weapon switch, I can get between 250 and 300 MF depending if i want to sac my fast cast breakpoint or not. So far these have paid off zero. I feel like you have to win the lottery to make it worthwhile. But at least it's way more fun.

4) Pits farming. I feel like this is even more rare to get something good than bosses tho tbh. I need to work on my clear speed for it a lot to make it worth it at all.

None of this is stuff other people don't know of or anything. I can get my
Nihlathak
run down to less than a minute, but as I said some of those are just have to be resets due to vipers near him or light immune. So it takes like 15 mins or more to get a
Key
especially if i slow down to also sell stuff I find to vendors.

I just recently found I'm capable of tele
Baal
and do solo runs but idk if that's even a good usage of time he takes so long because his waves are on a timer, tho I guess those are able to drop stuff too.

Any tips appreciated. Currently I'm a light sorc with
Shako
, eschutas/crescent, Spirit shield, some resist
Boots
and
Belt
Magefist
/chancies,
Skin of the Vipermagi
and a +3 light skills ammy with my rings on rotation depending on the content.

I know Infinity would open this game up to me a ton. As would being 93 so I can craft amulets (89 atm). But getting Infinity seems like an impossible mountain tbh. Anyway thanks for listening to me and any advice you can offer.
I've been farming Countess/Summoner/Nil as a cold sorc and it's been going well for
Key
collection with occasional bonus runes/drops. Summoner in particular has been vomiting up Hate keys to be exchanged for D keys (likelihood of cold immune Nihl makes him less efficient). Countess is my favourite because she drops runes on top of T keys. Summoner and Nihl usually give you diddly squat. But I feel you on the sense of grind; I lucked out on getting 17/17 Sorc torch for id (fingers crossed on getting
Ber
for it), but expect to have to trade/cube from
Vex
+ to get another
Ber
for Infinity. That's potentially 5-6
Key
sets paired with careful trading to get a
Ber

You may have seen already - and seem to be following the general strategy - but this reddit post offers a nice overview: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... _runes_in/

One other thing I noted in your post: "it takes like 15 mins or more to get a
Key
especially if i slow down to also sell stuff I find to vendors." I ignore 99% of drops. Including for Meph/Andy runs. Sometimes will collect for vendor to replenish gold after a gambling session, but even that is probably an inefficient use of my time. Switch to Meph and
Ancient Tunnels
when I get tired of keys. I enjoy kitting out future chars (have a level 84 Pally as main alt) and have done some decent mid-level trades. But
Key
farming seems like most predictable route to Infinity.
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
Thanks for your helpful reply really appreciate it! :)
I'm at 90 and I hear you on that 93! I also hear you on being new. All I gotta say is it takes time. Infinity and the like is not to be quick. Patience and we shall achieve!

BillyMaysed 2254Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Fae wrote: 3 years ago
I feel like it's going to take forever at the rate I'm farming
Honestly, yes , but more importantly, I think it should take a really long time. Infinity is one of the most powerful items in the entire game and makes a Sorc (and others) extremely OP. I would hate it if rune drops were ever nerfed and everyone had Infinity within a week.

OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 3 years ago
I feel like it's going to take forever at the rate I'm farming
Honestly, yes , but more importantly, I think it should take a really long time. Infinity is one of the most powerful items in the entire game and makes a Sorc (and others) extremely OP. I would hate it if rune drops were ever nerfed and everyone had Infinity within a week.
That's more than fair and I agree with you, but seems to be some ppl that got it all already somehow lol. Infinity, swap that gives them barb shouts, Enigma, etc. Just sheesh.

BillyMaysed 2254Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
some ppl that got it all already somehow lol
well i watch MrLlama sometimes on twitch and i saw how he and his buddies were able to farm torches with mediocre gear and get tons of HRs within a single day lol. if you've got a team of people (or bots) ya you can get it within a week or so.

OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 3 years ago
some ppl that got it all already somehow lol
well i watch MrLlama sometimes on twitch and i saw how he and his buddies were able to farm torches with mediocre gear and get tons of HRs within a single day lol. if you've got a team of people (or bots) ya you can get it within a week or so.
Makes sense, a good crew can accomplish a lot in short order in most things. Thanks :>
Cows. Runes aren't affected by MF to my knowledge. Quantity of baddies over quality, cows are easy to run and have high mob density. If you're rocking Sorc, Javazon, Necro with CE, you should be good to wreck the Cows in 10 minutes going slow and looking for White item bases. Have not run that many and had enough runes drop that I've secure a
Griffon's Eye
and Lightning Level-Up facet [-20/+20] with the proceeds, and have plenty left over.
Let me put in my two cents for you because I was in the same boat of frustration trying to farm an Enigma which I just finally made today. It took a ton of grinding and luck. I got to the point where I built up a smiter because you can make a budget smiter and farm torches pretty easy, though I'd recommend having a friend to tag along to guarantee it since you never know if your game will crash etc. I farmed a lot of Andy and meph I think I got a few occy and maybe a
Shako
and an aracchnid of two off them. I farmed all the keys multiple times and nih even dropped me a
Lo
rune once, he's great because he can drop any item in the game. I also farmed
Ancient Tunnels
in act 2 which dropped an arachnid and a
Tal
body. I managed to get lucky and get another
Tal
body leveling my smiter in a Chaos run. All these things add up and eventually you can achieve your goal, just be patient. You also won't like to hear this but you can run some better builds as far as blizzard with more magic find. I ran
Fireball
/
Frozen Orb
which allowed me to clear a lot of content with MF ranging from 350-475 while having a high FCR to get around quick. I could even solo
Baal
runs but it wasn't worth the time trade off. You can also run Chaos or
Baal
runs but being a sorc and being squishy it's hard to grab items from hammerdins who are normally right by where they drop. It's best to farm up your Infinity and then switch to lightning.

If I could do it all over I would have made the smiter a lot earlier, found a friend and farmed torches like crazy.
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
thanks for your input. I feel like I have too much responsibilities to grind it I didn't actually know D2 was equivalent to an MMO in grinding and I don't have the bandwidth for it so it'll just be slow going I guess. I mean there's ppl that have friends and are able to teamwork to do all the best stuff in a week but I don't have friends who even really wanna play d2 so it's whatever :) It's just something to chill with.

I think you did good to go hard early tho. People want a
Vex
for stuff that later will cost an
Ist
, if it's sorcerer gear it's ridiculous.

I might switch to
Frozen Orb
sorc but looking at my gear i'm still lacking the stuff to get that kind of MF while capping FCR and a lot of it you need for that are expensive, if you find
Tal
body that helps a lot I'm sure. Glad to hear of your luck and hard work :) thanks for the tips.
Lower Kurast
is the "best" spot to farm runes. Many runes are found in chests/bodies/breakables/etc and not actually off monsters. Lower kuras has a ton of the like including some super chests. As a sorc you need to use telekenisis everywhere and often. That being said
Lower Kurast
isn't going to net you runes right away, it can still take a hundred runs to find a high rune.
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
homicidalpancakes wrote: 2 years ago
Lower Kurast
is the "best" spot to farm runes. Many runes are found in chests/bodies/breakables/etc and not actually off monsters. Lower kuras has a ton of the like including some super chests. As a sorc you need to use telekenisis everywhere and often. That being said
Lower Kurast
isn't going to net you runes right away, it can still take a hundred runs to find a high rune.
I've heard of this but it seems to be a single player strat to be honest, since you can put /players8 and then have good chances. For online games tho you can't use /players8, you also can't map roll as the maps are random each time so it just seems a lot poorer investment of time. I do see ppl join pub games and run to kurast tho and i always laugh. I've done it a few times myself but it's more like "well I can do this rq" and half the time you go someone else already did.
Fae wrote: 2 years ago
Lower Kurast
Lower Kurast
I've heard of this but it seems to be a single player strat to be honest, since you can put /players8 and then have good chances. For online games tho you can't use /players8, you also can't map roll as the maps are random each time so it just seems a lot poorer investment of time. I do see ppl join pub games and run to kurast tho and i always laugh. I've done it a few times myself but it's more like "well I can do this rq" and half the time you go someone else already did.
you really don't need players 8 to find anything, it only slightly increases your chances. You could also say the same thing about any area. Why do Chaos/
Baal
/cows unless there are 8 players? The simple fact is
Lower Kurast
has more things you can open with telekensis than almost any other area so as a sorc you can run through it very quickly and open all those things in under 5 minutes easily, this will net you more high runes over 100 games than any other area by far. Also the number of players in the game has zero effect on super chests fyi.
players 8 shouldn't really affect regular chests much if at all either come to think of it. The number of players has no effect on item quality only item quantity and the quantity of items dropped from chests doesn't change either way, or at least it doesn't appear to.
Got a griffon and
Gul
from pit. Me like pit

boolu#1717
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
players 8 shouldn't really affect regular chests much if at all either come to think of it. The number of players has no effect on item quality only item quantity and the quantity of items dropped from chests doesn't change either way, or at least it doesn't appear to.
Well I'm no expert but the vids I watched explaining it said players does make a diff in the chests by quite a bit if you're looking for HR.
Well I'm no expert but the vids I watched explaining it said players does make a diff in the chests by quite a bit if you're looking for HR.
Yeah it does not effect chest drops only monsters and again not quality only quantity. Obviously the more items that drop the better chance you will get something good but if you are joining games with 7 players to mf and then killing slow it's definitely counter productive.

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player_Settings
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
Yeah it does not effect chest drops only monsters and again not quality only quantity. Obviously the more items that drop the better chance you will get something good but if you are joining games with 7 players to mf and then killing slow it's definitely counter productive.

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player_Settings
From the page you linked:
Players X does however affect all clickable items (i.e. logs, chests, urns etc.) immediately. In theory one could clear the whole area on p1, then set the player settings to 8 for maximised drops (i.e. minimised NoDrop) and pop all chests, urns etc. only then. This is in no way illegal, but considered cheesy by most players in the SPF. Ususall this (ab)use of the Players X command is prohibited in SPF tournaments.
And from youtube

a set Pattern could be an AM rune crack
01:44
sword and magic
Leather Gloves
but what
01:47
makes these patterns so special is that
01:49
there are a number of set patterns that
01:50
contain high runes like
Ohm
sir and
Ber

01:53
these are the patterns that we want to
01:55
hit as we pop open lower crust super
01:57
chests and this is where players
02:00
difficulty setting is so important the
02:02
difficulty setting that you are playing
02:03
on determines the number of set high
02:06
room patterns and thus dictates the
02:08
efficiency of high room farming for this
02:10
video I'm only going to examine the room
02:12
patterns on players five and six and
02:14
seven and eight because they're the only
02:15
two difficulties worth discussing in my
02:18
opinion
OP

Fae 21

Sorceress Americas PC
Boolu wrote: 2 years ago
Got a griffon and
Gul
from pit. Me like pit
grats btw i know someone who played d2 a ton in LoD days and never saw a griff drop and farmed constantly so lucky!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...