Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   2241 views

Description

I've been saving for a few weeks to try and make my own Grief, but I saw someone's game "low Grief FT" and figured I might try and save myself a
Lo
by getting it cheap.

It's a terribly rolled Grief so I offer 6
Ist
, put it in the trade window, and he asks for another. I didn't have another so I offered a
Pul
and he accepted. I go to my stash, re-open trade, put the runes in and hit trade. He put a BLUE phaseblade in this time and immediately left the game after I hit the check mark :(

I just finished a ten hour shift and it's frustrating that people prey on the not-so attentive and tired. I remember D2 being full of scammers so truly this is nostalgic. I'm sure this is a common scam but I really was not ready for it.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been saving for a few weeks to try and make my own Grief, but I saw someone's game "low Grief FT" and figured I might try and save myself a
Lo
by getting it cheap.

It's a terribly rolled Grief so I offer 6
Ist
, put it in the trade window, and he asks for another. I didn't have another so I offered a
Pul
and he accepted. I go to my stash, re-open trade, put the runes in and hit trade. He put a BLUE phaseblade in this time and immediately left the game after I hit the check mark :(

I just finished a ten hour shift and it's frustrating that people prey on the not-so attentive and tired. I remember D2 being full of scammers so truly this is nostalgic. I'm sure this is a common scam but I really was not ready for it.

Teebling 5826Admin

Europe PC
I've removed mention of username from the post. This is a reminder to all members that posting identifying info is not allowed here on this public forum.

Check out Top 10 Scams in D2R and how to avoid them by @BillyMaysed to wisen up to some of the other tactics out there.

OP
Sorry for the faux pas. Thanks for removing.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Sorry for you.
People should be always aware and take time to check their trades. Whenever someone's asking you to add or change something for the trade, they might prepare a scam.
Well, good luck to you, hope, once you make your own Grief, it'll be a high rolled one :)

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
OP
Ty for your well wishes :)

Hope karma gets him in the end lol
I know what you mean about the nostalgia…sometimes it’s nice to be in a game with some toxic af players cause it makes it feel like 2004 again.
OP
Ty for the thoughts @GamerRoss but my stupidity isn't your burden ;(

Just wanted to vent with a PSA lol
Why does it called duped? I've started thinking that there is a way to duplicate items in the game, but looks like it's just a scam and we have to use trade window appropriately to protect ourselves.
OP
Yes, sorry for the confusion. I forgot duped has another meaning in this community.
Sorry to hear this. Ive seen some scammers like the one u mentioned in pub games try do this way to often, and i see why they continued to do so… My rule of thumb is always always double check the trade window before pressing that accept button, regardless what item is placed in the trade window…

I hope u get to make ur Grief eventually and rolled a perf 40/400 one so that u can trade it off for crazy hr runes to compensate for that loss
Lo
:)

Take care

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
OP
Haha thanks for the good luck! Back to the grind 😭
Just some trading tips I live by, even when trading through d2io:
  • Only friend long enough to make the trade. With the new feature of joining friends' games, I don't want anyone jumping into one of my trade games from something I just closed.
  • Always /whois the buyer/seller, in addition to point #1.
  • Don't immediately put items in the trade window. Give it a couple seconds of delay. If trader closes the window, they're probably looking for a drop on the Ground.
  • Double-check anything where the trader immediately clicks green, especially for high-value items.
  • If anyone shows something in the trade window, then closes trade in order to do some kind of management, ALWAYS double-check what they put in the trade window. Even if it is the same item, they could have shown a great roll and swapped it with a terrible roll.
Scammers suck, sorry that happened to you.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

y2kid 109

PC
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
I know what you mean about the nostalgia…sometimes it’s nice to be in a game with some toxic af players cause it makes it feel like 2004 again.
I mean... scammers are part of the nostalgia, no?

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Oh dude that sucks. Funny thing actually I rolled 4 griefs last night and I got one thats like 31 - 355 or some bs. Anyhow I know you said that you dont want to be a burden. But I wouldnt mind letting someone else put this to good use. perhaps my three weeks of crappy drops will come to an end with some good karma. So if you want it then its yours.
Cheers
Kenny
there is no such thing as a "terribly rolled Grief"

and 7
Ist
is an
Ohm

even the worst rolls are usable at
Lo
because of the value you are getting out of this runeword.

the only time you would see someone trying to junk their Grief for cheap, is if it was mistakenly made in a terrible weapon base e.g
Crystal Sword
OP
@annoynimous

You are probably right; I don't know the value of Grief so I probably should have known better that he was OK trading 7
Ist

@KennyMcLenny I only have a
Vex
and 2
Ist
leftover but when I get a few more I'll hit you up :D
it´s a scam that works one time... than you learned your lesson. happened to me ages ago with a
Stormshield
(before Spirit was even a thing). guy went back to his stash and put in a shield with the same image as the
Stormshield
- after that i always double check trades. people like that should get a permaban....

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...