Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1800 views

Description

I'm holding onto a lot of gear that I feel has value, but not really getting any interest. Is there a guide (besides the recent sale history) that let's me know what's worth holding onto and what's worth selling? I'm not really hurting for space, but I'm about to start rune/gem farming for the first time, and want to make sure I have plenty of space. Should I sell anything that's worth
Fal
or less? what rune is 35k gold worth? obviously no one is gonna trade 35k for a rune, just looking to get value ideas and space management. Feel free to look at my trades and tell me what I should sell or give away, but please don't come at me with a "why the hell are you trying to sell that??" I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm trying to learn

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm holding onto a lot of gear that I feel has value, but not really getting any interest. Is there a guide (besides the recent sale history) that let's me know what's worth holding onto and what's worth selling? I'm not really hurting for space, but I'm about to start rune/gem farming for the first time, and want to make sure I have plenty of space. Should I sell anything that's worth
Fal
or less? what rune is 35k gold worth? obviously no one is gonna trade 35k for a rune, just looking to get value ideas and space management. Feel free to look at my trades and tell me what I should sell or give away, but please don't come at me with a "why the hell are you trying to sell that??" I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm trying to learn

check out my available trades member/hav0c_2/

all items are negotiable. I'll probably accept a counter offer if you don't lowball me

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Here you can find a list with lots of useful guides - forums/useful-diablo-2-links-resources-t3232.html

There should be a guide on Runes and their value too.

Some youtubers do have in depth guides on "how to value items".
Gold is pretty much worthless except for gambling, noone does trade it afaik.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
Hoost's tips and tricks to trading on diablo2.io

^ In general, that's the most informative one I've seen made so far. Really helpful advice on how to sell stuff here.

You might also want to read the general trading rules bit, and for technical know-how, the v1.0 patch notes.

The sticky that Fen linked is also great, as it contains a 'Trading' section with a bunch of useful resources for some market savvy-ness :)
hav0c_2 wrote: 2 years ago
I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm trying to learn
Np, ask more questions here after you've had a look at what Fen and I shared with you, we'll do what we can to help.

I think you're taking the proper first step in checking the recent sold history on items. There's really no better way to get a general idea on what something may be worth.

I checked your listed items and I'm not sure you're following your own rule though. I spot checked a few items I know really aren't worth hanging onto (
Kuko Shakaku
Razorswitch
, and
Aldur's Rhythm
) and there's no recent sales on them. That's always a good indicator that it's worth scrapping.

It just takes experience to get a feel for item value, and it can take a while. Diablo II has some seriously deep itemization, it's what always draws me back. Just keep at it and you'll keep feeling more and more comfortable.
To echo what others said, stuff like Kuko is not worth listing unless perfect (you might come across someone willing to opay for perfect mid-range gear). If someone wanted any random Kuko, they could make a public game named "
Ko
for Kuko" and would be done in a few minutes at most.
Also, 10M in-game gold is
Pul
. So that's not a bad option to get some runes for trading. Definitely better than Kuko, Aldur and etc.)

Some cheeky ways to get some Wealth...
Hint 1: You can combine any of the methods and do some arbitrage trading

Hint 2: Join public game (especially Cow runs) when the runs are over - most of the players are farming and will leave tons of gems, jewels, and sometimes even items worth
Pul

Hint 3: Focus on clearing speed instead of the huge MF. It's better to run 3xCows for 30 mins, instead of 1.5 Cows for 30 Mins

Hint 4: Do NOT follow in love with items. If your main char is Paladin and you plan to make a Sorc later on (where later on means undefined and it could be tomorrow up to never) but you find an Occy early game - trade it while it's still desirable and has value. You will find another one or will buy it later on cheaper.

Hint 5: Do not price your items as what you think they are worth it - always price check different sources and historical data (keep in mind in early ladder the prices will be higher). If you can't sell an item for ~3 days, lower the price - there isn't any value sitting in your stash forever (you can keep some rings and amulets which could be useful in the future (+ Skills, FCR, FHR, Mana Leech, Life Leech, Strength are preferable).

Fal
I personally would leave stuff on the Ground or give away for free if it’s worth a
Fal
or less.

Fal
is 1/9th of a
Pul
at cube ratio. It’s just not worth my time and effort to coordinate an online trade.

Honestly these days I don’t even bother selling anything for below a
Pul

A lot of the “free gear” games you see pop up from time to time here have people giving away stuff from
Fal
to
Um
in value.

Runes below
Pul
just don’t move the needle much in accumulating Wealth for end-game gear.

The only reason you would keep such runes is to try to buy some powerful but non-BiS gear for a new character that you haven’t found yourself.
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
Fal
I personally would leave stuff on the Ground or give away for free if it’s worth a
Fal
or less.

Fal
is 1/9th of a
Pul
at cube ratio. It’s just not worth my time and effort to coordinate an online trade.

Honestly these days I don’t even bother selling anything for below a
Pul

A lot of the “free gear” games you see pop up from time to time here have people giving away stuff from
Fal
to
Um
in value.

Runes below
Pul
just don’t move the needle much in accumulating Wealth for end-game gear.

The only reason you would keep such runes is to try to buy some powerful but non-BiS gear for a new character that you haven’t found yourself.
Em, it really depends on how rich you feel you are and how much time you want to spend trading. However - 3 x
Fal
=
Lem
and
Lem
= 2 x Keys and 3 x
Terror
Key
(most cheap one) =
Um

Again, it's all about what style do you prefer. My hints are towards obtaining tradable resources to get your hero from Mid to End game tier. Nowadays a lot of valuable items are given for free (as you mentioned it), while back, in the beginning, ~4 months ago they were worth something (not to mention $50 Occy on Ebay...).

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I'd also suggest to check on Druid based
Hellfire Torch
trades sometimes, they can be pretty cheap but also a huge boost for your summons since they work as synergy with the +Skills.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation