Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   785 views
2

Description

I posted this on D2 official forum but got no response, so hoping someone here knows the build.

Hi, i’m making a
Find Item
barbarian, specially to
Find Item
on dead corpses.
I’m already Max
Find Item
skill.

Now i ask, should i dual wield
Heart Carver
, with a total +8
Find Item
, or should
I dual wield
Gull
Dagger
? What’s the difference and which is better?

If
Gull
Dagger
is better, then what is the purpose of
Heart Carver
and when would it be a better choice?

The purpose is not to kill mobs faster. I just plan on joining 8 player games and I will not be killing mobs, just constantly using
Find Item
on dead bodies, so if that is the case,
what is the best weapon for me?

Heart Carver
,
Gull
Dagger
, Ali Baba, any others? and Why it’s better?
5

Can be used to make Runewords:

7
I posted this on D2 official forum but got no response, so hoping someone here knows the build.

Hi, i’m making a
Find Item
barbarian, specially to
Find Item
on dead corpses.
I’m already Max
Find Item
skill.

Now i ask, should i dual wield
Heart Carver
, with a total +8
Find Item
, or should
I dual wield
Gull
Dagger
? What’s the difference and which is better?

If
Gull
Dagger
is better, then what is the purpose of
Heart Carver
and when would it be a better choice?

The purpose is not to kill mobs faster. I just plan on joining 8 player games and I will not be killing mobs, just constantly using
Find Item
on dead bodies, so if that is the case,
what is the best weapon for me?

Heart Carver
,
Gull
Dagger
, Ali Baba, any others? and Why it’s better?

Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
7
Find Item
doesn't need to be maxed, only need over a 50% chance, otherwise it's somewhat incremental and you want to be sure you have hard points for killing skills.
7
OP
Well, i already maxed it. I might respect latter. But what i really want to know is does
Gull
Dagger
have a real advantage over
Heart Carver
?

If so, what is the purpose of
Heart Carver
and in which cases does it do better than
Gull
Dagger
?

Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
7
2x
Heart Carver
daggers on a swap without even investin a single hard skill point into
Find Item
. I played such a barb long ago in 1.13 - worked out until I grew bored cuttin the crap out of corpses. Still, it's a way to go - if you like such approach and remain patient, methodical, and greedy.
7
About
Gull
: it isn't designed for a barb, clearly. It's for sorc and necro. Besides - your barb doesn't need more than 240% - 290% total mf, otherwise you'll just start receivin much more random rares, worthless 99,9999 of the time. Arm your barb with killin weapons in your main slot, and carry 2x
Heart Carver
on your swap with prepared
Find Item
on right click - it is fast, handy and effective approach. Good huntin
7
FanciestCrab wrote: 4 months ago
Find Item
doesn't need to be maxed, only need over a 50% chance, otherwise it's somewhat incremental and you want to be sure you have hard points for killing skills.
Actually with endgame items 1 point should be enough.
zaken520 wrote: 4 months ago
Well, i already maxed it. I might respect latter. But what i really want to know is does
Gull
Dagger
have a real advantage over
Heart Carver
?

If so, what is the purpose of
Heart Carver
and in which cases does it do better than
Gull
Dagger
?
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Item.
Due to diminishing returns of
Find Item
(i.e. each skill point increases the skill effect less than a previous one), there is no point in pumping +skills in it (either hard or soft) once a satisfactory
Magic Find also has diminishing returns (for finding rare, set and unique items), but +100% MF (or +200%, if you dual-wield) will result is much better drops than +5% (or even +10%) more chance to drop items.
Blade Of Ali Baba
has both MF and GF, so if you find one, use it.
zaken520 wrote: 4 months ago
The purpose is not to kill mobs faster. I just plan on joining 8 player games and I will not be killing mobs, just constantly using
Find Item
on dead bodies, so if that is the case,
what is the best weapon for me?
How are you going to play then? Hork bodies in public games (so the other players can also get those items), or wait until the area is cleared and only then follow, when the party is far away? And that is assuming there's no another character destroying the corpses, such as necromancer, summon druid or just anyone using cold damage.
Consider making a more offensive barbarian, capable of farming
Travincal
.
7
OP
Ok i'm confused.
So would you say a Maxed
Find Item
+ 2x
Heart Carver
is NOT as good as 2x
Gull
Dagger
+ 1 point in
Find Item
?!?!?

If so, then there is absolutely no purpose to equip
Heart Carver
, and wonder why this item even need to exist.

Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
7
zaken520 wrote: 4 months ago
I posted this on D2 official forum but got no response, so hoping someone here knows the build.

Hi, i’m making a
Find Item
barbarian, specially to
Find Item
on dead corpses.
I’m already Max
Find Item
skill.

Now i ask, should i dual wield
Heart Carver
, with a total +8
Find Item
, or should
I dual wield
Gull
Dagger
? What’s the difference and which is better?

If
Gull
Dagger
is better, then what is the purpose of
Heart Carver
and when would it be a better choice?

The purpose is not to kill mobs faster. I just plan on joining 8 player games and I will not be killing mobs, just constantly using
Find Item
on dead bodies, so if that is the case,
what is the best weapon for me?

Heart Carver
,
Gull
Dagger
, Ali Baba, any others? and Why it’s better?
I like dual Ali babas. Whether you use dual Lems for gold or Dual Ists for MF. Just have them on second hand and use main weapons until whom ever you're fighting is almost dead then swap back before they die. For mf I use
Berserk
barb with a Grief, then once Meph, andy, etc is about to die back to babas and get paid.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
I have a
Find Item
barb. I have boosted the skill to 50% chance to find items. Personally i dont think that i need more. I am using double alibaba build and a total of 710 magic find. I am searching for public "cows" games and searching the bodies of the freshly killed cows. Personaly i am not satisfied with the results. I am findings a lot of items and gold, but rares and uniques are missing.
7
Trav Runs corpse popping from just a
Heart Carver
/
Gull
swap skill seems good enough. 310 MF / 410 for pops so far on a build worth 1
Ist
at most. No points in
Find Item
skill at all gives 15 (46%).

To Improve: Swap
Gull
to
Blade Of Ali Baba
with 2
Ist
.

Also, this build is capable of running Ubers on gear swap.

Make your offers, please! Check out the entire catalog with categories or simply list of all trade offers.
7
zaken520 wrote: 4 months ago
So would you say a Maxed
Find Item
+ 2x
Heart Carver
is NOT as good as 2x
Gull
Dagger
+ 1 point in
Find Item
?!?!?

If so, then there is absolutely no purpose to equip
Heart Carver
, and wonder why this item even need to exist.
1 hard point + enough skill points from items that a chance is reasonably high (40%-50%). Putting more hard skill points is a waste, as it's better to put them in different skills (so you can kill mobs).
You can use
Heart Carver
to boost
Find Item
, but you can boost it as well (to a reasonable level - mind the diminishing returns) with items in other slots (+3 WC amulet, barbarian-only helms, charms (
Hellfire Torch
and skillers)), as no other slot boosts MF as much as aforementioned weapons.

And you're right, many (actually most) of the items are just useless fillers. I hope it'll change in future patches.
7
zaken520 wrote: 4 months ago
Ok i'm confused.
So would you say a Maxed
Find Item
+ 2x
Heart Carver
is NOT as good as 2x
Gull
Dagger
+ 1 point in
Find Item
?!?!?

If so, then there is absolutely no purpose to equip
Heart Carver
, and wonder why this item even need to exist.
In this game, there's always a poor man's choice and a better/best item for build (e.g hoz/Exile for Pala)
In this case, if you're really looking for the uniques, set items, and absolutely not killing mobs then go for double Ali baba (isted or lemed) or even double 6os crystal swords with 6 ists each if you got the Wealth (speaking of it, a Wealth tu word armor). If you are looking for runes, and bases, I'd suggest double Hoto for the fcr and go leech cow runs (but as said above, can be griefed by summoner, cold damage characters, or Phoenix javazons). Your best choice if I may, is to build a killing barb with a swap and play in solo (or with friends) cuz you'll come across people waiting for you to hork and snatch whatever you might drop so.. There are your options

HHTekill#2716
7
I’m super happy with my
Frenzy
/
Find Item
barb. He horked out a
Ber
this morning. Anyway, the best choice I made was to use dual HOTO on switch for faster cast rate and plus skills. I have 17 or so hard points into
Find Item
, with overall level around 36-37 I think yielding me either a 55-56%
Find Item
. I get one percentage point when I use
Battle Command
so forgetting exact numbers.

If your plan is to use him for horking, I’m endorsing a high percentage that you can cast quickly. I’ve been doing better with mid 200 mf compared to when i was mid 600.
7
zZorceressTraderz wrote: 4 months ago
I’m super happy with my
Frenzy
/
Find Item
barb. He horked out a
Ber
this morning. Anyway, the best choice I made was to use dual HOTO on switch for faster cast rate and plus skills. I have 17 or so hard points into
Find Item
, with overall level around 36-37 I think yielding me either a 55-56%
Find Item
. I get one percentage point when I use
Battle Command
so forgetting exact numbers.

If your plan is to use him for horking, I’m endorsing a high percentage that you can cast quickly. I’ve been doing better with mid 200 mf compared to when i was mid 600.
Is the point of FCR just for the
Find Item
skill or are you using it in conjunction with Enigma?
7
Both for
Find Item
, and for my
Teleport
with Enigma :). But I would make the change for the
Find Item
cast speed alone even without tele.
7
Tonko wrote: 4 months ago
I have a
Find Item
barb. I have boosted the skill to 50% chance to find items. Personally i dont think that i need more. I am using double alibaba build and a total of 710 magic find. I am searching for public "cows" games and searching the bodies of the freshly killed cows. Personaly i am not satisfied with the results. I am findings a lot of items and gold, but rares and uniques are missing.
I hoarked most of my uniques in public Chaos. Trav is good for rares, runes n gold ( for me). Also pulled a few decent gcs off of mobs in
Lower Kurast
hitting chests.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
zZorceressTraderz wrote: 4 months ago
I’m super happy with my
Frenzy
/
Find Item
barb. He horked out a
Ber
this morning. Anyway, the best choice I made was to use dual HOTO on switch for faster cast rate and plus skills. I have 17 or so hard points into
Find Item
, with overall level around 36-37 I think yielding me either a 55-56%
Find Item
. I get one percentage point when I use
Battle Command
so forgetting exact numbers.

If your plan is to use him for horking, I’m endorsing a high percentage that you can cast quickly. I’ve been doing better with mid 200 mf compared to when i was mid 600.
That's usually the case with most characters, after 300 it starts becoming booty. Personally I like the sweet spot between 275-325. Seems to work great on poison necro anyways, takes a bit longer on big bosses like D and
Baal
but I've pulled some godly stuff in that range where full mf 700+ on barb may get a crap rare.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
7
Didn't have luck with my hork Barb yet. He's sitting on 400+ MF - I also think of going down a bit. My best drops on other chars have been with 200-300 MF. RNG will outweight Magic find at some point anyway. While on paper more magic find = more uniques, i'd go for more kill speed instead.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
9

Advertisment

Hide ads
999

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

99

Who is online

Users browsing Forums: darkkiss, Forte_01, kvainio, Proximic [Bot], SaDaTa, Schnorki and 40 guests.

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads
 

 

 

 

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation