Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   6295 views

Description

Hey guys,

The D2R PTR (Public Test Realm) will go live tomorrow (12th January 2022) according to the official Diablo twitter account:
Blizzard wrote:
Grab your weapons. The #Diablo2Resurrected PTR arrives tomorrow.
Source
Adam Fletcher (PezRadar CM) on Twitter talks about what is actually on the PTR as of tomorrow:
Blizzard wrote:
I’m sure people will immediately think… 2.4 changes!

But I need to clarify that this is the server/database PTR first. The 2.4 one will follow shortly after.

Please partake in this PTR hitting tomorrow so we can nail this stuff and get toward the 2.4 PTR next :)

Source
If you want a refresher on what is planned for 2.4, check out this text summary that was put together for ease of reference.

Just to remind you all of the current development timeline for the game: Initial PTR (we are here) > Stable live version of the game running > Ladder PTR > Ladder launch.

I'm hoping they have a test NPC in town that can give you any item/skill reset so that we are able to freely test as we please. This was mentioned in the dev update panel as being a possibility in PTR, so fingers crossed :)

The PTR will hopefully give us an easy to use platform for testing, and importantly another avenue for feeding back to Blizzard directly. If you are passionate about the game, I would recommend getting stuck in and helping them with feedback.
As always, keeping the data here on the database accurate is of the highest priority.

If anyone wants to volunteer to datamine or otherwise extract changed skill stats, item stats, or other things that'll need modifying on diablo2.io's database when the game build changes, please show your interest here and I will coordinate our efforts.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 6041Admin

Europe PC
Hey guys,

The D2R PTR (Public Test Realm) will go live tomorrow (12th January 2022) according to the official Diablo twitter account:
Blizzard wrote:
Grab your weapons. The #Diablo2Resurrected PTR arrives tomorrow.
Source
Adam Fletcher (PezRadar CM) on Twitter talks about what is actually on the PTR as of tomorrow:
Blizzard wrote:
I’m sure people will immediately think… 2.4 changes!

But I need to clarify that this is the server/database PTR first. The 2.4 one will follow shortly after.

Please partake in this PTR hitting tomorrow so we can nail this stuff and get toward the 2.4 PTR next :)

Source
If you want a refresher on what is planned for 2.4, check out this text summary that was put together for ease of reference.

Just to remind you all of the current development timeline for the game: Initial PTR (we are here) > Stable live version of the game running > Ladder PTR > Ladder launch.

I'm hoping they have a test NPC in town that can give you any item/skill reset so that we are able to freely test as we please. This was mentioned in the dev update panel as being a possibility in PTR, so fingers crossed :)

The PTR will hopefully give us an easy to use platform for testing, and importantly another avenue for feeding back to Blizzard directly. If you are passionate about the game, I would recommend getting stuck in and helping them with feedback.
As always, keeping the data here on the database accurate is of the highest priority.

If anyone wants to volunteer to datamine or otherwise extract changed skill stats, item stats, or other things that'll need modifying on diablo2.io's database when the game build changes, please show your interest here and I will coordinate our efforts.

BillyMaysed 2207Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
hell yes! wooooot!
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
would be pretty silly if you couldn't easily respec on the PTR with all these massive skill changes lol.

OP

Teebling 6041Admin

Europe PC
Agreed. I think that unlimited skill/stat resets should be there as they have that function already in
Akara

Being able to generate items though or simulate identifying/'dropping' them would be just as useful.

You've gotta be a special kind of dedicated to start a new character, grind for end-game items to test then just have the characters poof when the PTR ends.

Sounds absolutely awful, but I'm grateful to the testers I guess.

You should get paid for being a tester imo.
I know right, I was thinking the same thing. They should definintely pay people to do testing for them. It's a service the testers are providing, currently for free.
Or at least a special skin or something like that. But clearly they have enough testers that they don’t feel the need to do so.
Is it live yet?
How do I join the PTR, do I need to sign up somewhere?
hi there what time does PTR starts and what time zone would that be ?
OP

Teebling 6041Admin

Europe PC
Not live atm - as of time of writing this its been 21h since the twitter announcement, so could be soon.

I'm keeping an eye on launcher every now and again, will
Shout
here when it's live.

y2kid 110

PC
I'm honestly hyped just because of the reset. Might not even make use of the free points/skills if there's an option, lol. Just wanna get that ladder practice going

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
what time is it active?
OP

Teebling 6041Admin

Europe PC
Still nothing on launcher. We don't know what time it will be, they just said 'tomorrow' :)

y2kid 110

PC
Seems to me it's more of a "the day after" thing, rather than tomorrow. Oh well.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

y2kid 110

PC
Ok boys and girls, it's actually live

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Boy were the devs troll-y with this PTR setup. Some baffling item and skill choices.
  • The wolf druid with 0 points in attack skills and maxed
    Poison Creeper
    is a highlight.
  • Also the bowazon "ITHISTHENEWIST" who has a merc with a
    Ber
    -
    Mal
    -
    Ber
    -
    Ith
    gemmed
    Thresher
  • The Hammderin is actually a Smiter, and vice versa.
  • The Javazon is actually a
    Jab
    -azon.
There's a barb mule with respec tokens at least. I hope the next PTR with the 2.4 patch changes will be more user friendly.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...