Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2654 views

Description

I've not played much necromancer, is there a (popular/powerful) build that uses a combination of
Bone Spear
and
Clay Golem
?

I've heard
Clay Golem
is very popular due to a slowing mechanic, and I believe
Bone Spear
is a useful spell for carnage throughout the game.

I ask because I've randomly found a normal
Bone Wand
that has +3 to
Clay Golem
and +2 to
Life Tap
. Socketed with the White runeword, it would seem to be a pretty great necro weapon if the build is viable.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've not played much necromancer, is there a (popular/powerful) build that uses a combination of
Bone Spear
and
Clay Golem
?

I've heard
Clay Golem
is very popular due to a slowing mechanic, and I believe
Bone Spear
is a useful spell for carnage throughout the game.

I ask because I've randomly found a normal
Bone Wand
that has +3 to
Clay Golem
and +2 to
Life Tap
. Socketed with the White runeword, it would seem to be a pretty great necro weapon if the build is viable.
you normally socked Bone wands with White when they have +to bonespear
Maybe once they buff the Bone skills for necro but for now you might get through NM like that but hell I don't think so.
FngrUrBty wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe once they buff the Bone skills for necro but for now you might get through NM like that but hell I don't think so.
What? Necro is arguably the most versatile class. It has crowd control (curses,
Bone Wall
) and summons, which are one point wonders. Bone spells deal magic damage, and there are literally only 4 immune monsters in the entire game.
Clay Golem
is also one point wonder. Its slow has diminishing returns, so it's not worth to invest skill points. +skills bonuses will buff it enough.
As the golem is just to slow the enemies, find a wand with
Bone Spear
bonus instead.
Use
Corpse Explosion
as well. It scales with monster health (but not with /players).

Necrarch 1584Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
The perfect
Wand
for you is probably something that can have 2os, +3
Bone Spear
, and nice stuff with it that can save stat points (e.g.
Decrepify
Lower Resist
, or
Poison Nova
if you do a hybrid Poison/Bone necro). Good news is act 2 normal
Drognan
can have until level 18 spells 2 socketed wands, so if you're patient enough when you spawn with
Lut Gholein
's door on the right side of the map, you can get something nice.

For ex, mine was a +1
Amplify Damage
+3
Bone Spear
2os, took between 30 mins and 1 hour of going back and forth looking at Bone wands (yew/normal cannot have 2os, take care also of blue items that can have 2 os) to get it.
Make your first White in it, after that you can go Hoto or find a better White base while running the dungeons (mine now found in NM Durance of Hatred has +
Lower Resist
+
Revive
and not sure of the last mod, cool to save skill points in curses).

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Jeeluc wrote: 2 years ago
you normally socked Bone wands with White when they have +to bonespear
That is true, however, with one of my necro builds, I used a +3 to
Raise Skeleton
to make White and it turned out good. This nec build uses
Bone Spear
and
Bone Spirit
plus OPW (one point wonder) into synergies so that he has some ranged attack in addition to the skelly army.

Schnorki 3152Moderator

PC
FngrUrBty wrote: 2 years ago
No offense but you're doing it wrong.

Necros are ridiculously good at clearing literally everything across hell in record time. Given, bosses take a little longer than with a Java or Sorc or the like but the way there tends to be just as fast, if not faster (usually faster). Partially because the versatility in "non-stacked" (i.e. normal mob distribution, not pre-stacked to make your Java blow everything up in 1 hit) damage output is just brilliant, partially because throwing amp/decrep around for your merc makes him go nuts on anything that may otherwise be running off/taking a sec longer and partially because (if geared correctly), you are only 1 frame behind a 105 Sorc in
Teleport
speed, again making the way there just so much faster.

Having had a Bone Necro as my main-of-choice for 20 years, dominating both, PvE and PvP, the devs now going "yeah, Bone necs need to be buffed" honestly made me chuckle more than just a little bit.

As for something slightly more specific:
- Yes, you want
Clay Golem
. But only 1 point. Along with 1 point in
Golem Mastery
and
Summon Resist
. Necros tend to stack up so much +skill that that is more than sufficient to have your golem become quite probably the strongest tank-minion in the game. Do note that he is not there to deal any significant damage, don't even hope for that. He's only there to prevent damage, either by tanking it himself or by slowing down mobs (especially bosses) to the point where they just don't do anything anymore. Literally.
Clay Golem
+
Decrepify
= most bosses just stand there, no longer getting any attack or spell off. Depending on your overall build and playstyle, there is an argument to be made for
Iron Golem
instead but that's really a matter of choice and dependent on a few other factors.

- Yes,
Bone Spear
is a skill of choice (note: "a", not "the"). That includes single target PvE. It may not look like it initially but once you get enough +skill,
Bone Spear
actually passes the damage of
Bone Spirit
at right around half the mana cost and with faster projectile speed. That holds true even when both get the same final skill level so not even counting the higher extra skills you can get for
Spear
vs. Spirit (e.g. White). Spirit actually becomes extremely situational and ends up hardly ever being used in PvE once you get your gear up to par.

- White is quite possibly the best "long term" weapon in the game in the sense that as you lvl your char, you can get a solid White extremely easily and for cheap (hit up
Drognan
on normal until he sells you a 2 socket +3
Spear
Wand
) and you can still use that same White for end-game content and be quite efficient doing so. Given, there are extremely hard to get end-game White bases out there that you will likely never see (e.g. 3
Spear
+ 3 Spirit + 3
Decrepify
/
Revive
) but most of the time, you won't miss it. Depending on your overall build and playstyle, White actually typically remains in the top 3 weapon choices for a Bone necro.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...