Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2376 views

Description

So today I was doing some meph runs and I have my hellforge quest available. I usually grab the portal and start the next run in A4 since it's faster, and lil' Decky always lavishes me with the soulstone.
After a few runs it was time to organize the loot and among them some PG's, and since I got some neat ama items decided to test them out and dump some charms I swap with my mains on the shared stash, including my hard-earned
Annihilus
Once I was ready and hyped to shred some cows,
Lo
and behold, I HAD DROPPED THE CHARM THINKING IT THAT PUNY QUEST ITEM.
Sorry about this rant, but since I enjoy reading tragic stories of items lost in profoundly dumb ways on this forum I thought I'd share mine.

RIP
Annihilus

TL;DR: FU
Deckard Cain
, Spammer of Soulstones

Can be used to make Runewords:

So today I was doing some meph runs and I have my hellforge quest available. I usually grab the portal and start the next run in A4 since it's faster, and lil' Decky always lavishes me with the soulstone.
After a few runs it was time to organize the loot and among them some PG's, and since I got some neat ama items decided to test them out and dump some charms I swap with my mains on the shared stash, including my hard-earned
Annihilus
Once I was ready and hyped to shred some cows,
Lo
and behold, I HAD DROPPED THE CHARM THINKING IT THAT PUNY QUEST ITEM.
Sorry about this rant, but since I enjoy reading tragic stories of items lost in profoundly dumb ways on this forum I thought I'd share mine.

RIP
Annihilus

TL;DR: FU
Deckard Cain
, Spammer of Soulstones
This reminds me of the other thread where a player fell for the age old switcharoo scam. If you don't double check items that have the identical graphics as other, less valuable or worthless items, then bad things happen. In your case, I can somewhat emphasize due to haste, but ultimately it was your own undoing to not double check. Another safeguard against accidental drop of high value items is to make games with easy to remember names and PWs, that way if you catch your mistake right away, you can log back into the old game you dropped something valuable in.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
wait did you drop and leave the game? or drop it and someone picked it up?

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Sad and annoying indeed.

Guess we need some kind of Darwin Award for RIP Items :D

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Fen wrote: 2 years ago
Sad and annoying indeed.

Guess we need some kind of Darwin Award for RIP Items :D
Yeah FR man, been seeing alot of these lately.
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
Another safeguard against accidental drop of high value items is to make games with easy to remember names and PWs, that way if you catch your mistake right away, you can log back into the old game you dropped something valuable in.
If you're playing on console there's no way to do it.
Since there are no lobbies you can't create a named game to join back or tell people to join, you can only create one shot instances of a game (the ones you also get on PC if you don't enter the Lobby menu), when I went through my first
Uber Tristram
I was forced to use the PC version because my smither died a couple times and I wasn't able to get to my body back, so I had to quit and rejoin the game, I knew I could face some crap like that so I did it on PC on purpose, because if I were on the PS5 I would have just wasted a keyset.

I prefer playing on the PS5 because my current PC can't match up with performance and graphics I get on the PS, also I like the controller more for fast games, but I had to buy the PC version and occasionally have to play there for whatever implies interaction gamplay or just to have a rajoinable game like that case.

That's why they urgently need to take a lobby system or at least adjust the current games framework on consoles, exprience is so much castrated when it gets to those situations, not to mention the trashly broken matchmaking.
Why are players so careless with their ultra-valuable items when they're fidgeting around in their stash/inventory?

It's just.... LMAO.
Thewser wrote: 2 years ago
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
Another safeguard against accidental drop of high value items is to make games with easy to remember names and PWs, that way if you catch your mistake right away, you can log back into the old game you dropped something valuable in.
If you're playing on console there's no way to do it.
Since there are no lobbies you can't create a named game to join back or tell people to join, you can only create one shot instances of a game (the ones you also get on PC if you don't enter the Lobby menu), when I went through my first
Uber Tristram
I was forced to use the PC version because my smither died a couple times and I wasn't able to get to my body back, so I had to quit and rejoin the game, I knew I could face some crap like that so I did it on PC on purpose, because if I were on the PS5 I would have just wasted a keyset.

I prefer playing on the PS5 because my current PC can't match up with performance and graphics I get on the PS, also I like the controller more for fast games, but I had to buy the PC version and occasionally have to play there for whatever implies interaction gamplay or just to have a rajoinable game like that case.

That's why they urgently need to take a lobby system or at least adjust the current games framework on consoles, exprience is so much castrated when it gets to those situations, not to mention the trashly broken matchmaking.
I did not know that console has such limitations. Once again, PC Master Race reigns supreme. Hopefully Blizz can give console the same features like PC version has with the lobby and rejoining games, etc.

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
Torch and anni occupies nice cozy corner of your inventory, neighbored by some skillers/tomes - to make sure you NEVER f@ck up this way. And when you need to rearrange - you drop everything else and rearrange nice and slow, in town and alone in the game. Imo, it's better to be a bit paranoid than to suffer losses like these.
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Torch and anni occupies nice cozy corner of your inventory, neighbored by some skillers/tomes - to make sure you NEVER f@ck up this way. And when you need to rearrange - you drop everything else and rearrange nice and slow, in town and alone in the game. Imo, it's better to be a bit paranoid than to suffer losses like these.
I agree with this. Accidentally sold my
Gheed
's to vendor and surprisingly there's no buyback for it. Now all my best charms are in the middle, town portal at the left and
Tome of Identify
and cube near empty space I use for new items

Also interested in sorc items

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...