Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   957 views

Do we have any metrics on how big D2R will be on release day?

No data yet

Description

I think it was 24gigs, but we don't know if the data for the later acts was present and included with that. Anyone know the answer? Have any blues talked about this?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I think it was 24gigs, but we don't know if the data for the later acts was present and included with that. Anyone know the answer? Have any blues talked about this?
Can't answer about any blue post officially saying what the size will be, but I can say most, if not all, the assets are already packaged with the beta for all acts, monster, npc's, items, etc. I can't be 100% sure everything is there but there's enough for each act that I'd bet that it is. So unless they are doing last minute changes to some assets that drastically increase the size, it should be around 24GB still. Could increase a couple percent I suppose, but I highly doubt you'll see a 50GB download day of.

Although, who knows if they'll consider the beta a different game entirely and make you download everything all over again. I wouldn't be surprised to still have a 25GB download on Thursday. At least the download isn't throttled by Blizzard
I really wonder why the pre-download ain't rolling yet. Even if they need to patch it day 1, we would still have most of it already downloaded.

gmy77 19

Assassin Europe PC
I hope to pre-download now or tomorrow at max.
Saw 30 GB somewhere.
OP
NODRULE wrote: 2 years ago
Saw 30 GB somewhere.chrome_ort8JNkMCI.png
Excellent.
Mikurichan wrote: 2 years ago
I really wonder why the pre-download ain't rolling yet. Even if they need to patch it day 1, we would still have most of it already downloaded.
Yeah, that really is odd, cutting it this short. There is no reason to delay the preload because of bug fixing, that can be done with a patch on Thursday. And although some people seem to believe it is to keep the game from being analyzed/cracked/whatever before release - they could just encrypt the files and enable decryption on release date.

EDIT
Preload is now available on PC

I chose this name, twenty years ago, when the different regions you could play on battle.net were called realms, for an amazon, my first battle.net character. I have only ever used it in Diablo 2, so I guess it is fitting I continue that on here.
Pre-load says 30.20Gb
OP
As long as it’s not 100+ gigs for patches like CoD, I’m good with whatever the size is

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...