MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
I'm not blaming the site
I guess people at this site are kind of self-selecting
Got damn
I'm one of them, right?
dont get me wrong dude, teebling did catch you good, but I know how u feel too. price Memory is very annoying and seeing the zontorch sell for
Ist
now when i paid higher for it earlier just sucks. but then I play MTG so I am somewhat familiar with how these economies age. TCG is in fact more unstable, at least with d2 the cards are fixed and u have a good idea what will go up or come down. if it aint GG or a HR, at this point, its probably
Charsi
In the end having low prices on unique items ends up benefiting newcomers, which is good. For example, a friend of mine is starting to play today, and thanks to the forum its possible for me to gear his soceress with very decent items (vmagi, weak maras, occy) without selling my kidney. So, I see that as a huge win for newcomers.

Update: He doesn't want any help. He wants to beat hell by his own means, having never played the game, let's see how it goes.

It's also pretty interesting to see how the economy fluctuates as more items are saturated, while
Lo
's and
Ohm
's keep their value due to their inherent consumability (Grief/CTA rolls).

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
This is typical and how an online economy works.... How do you expect an item to hold its value when there's 500,000 people farming for the same thing at a time. Obviously I pulled these numbers out of my ass but the same theory applies. This is normal.

Anyone with experience with d2 and ladder resets could have told everyone to stop buying
Shako
for an arm and a leg because it would be worth an
Um
after a month or so.

This website has grown a lot, especially since the update I find it's more active than ever so unless you have something that stands out it WILL get lost in the mix.

The easiest thing to do if you want to sell more is be more aggressive with your pricing. Example highlords goes for around an
Ist
so you post it for an
Ist
. It doesn't sell in 2 days and you're still bumping it for
Ist
while someone else sells for
Mal
. Now it's 3 days later and you're settling for an
Um
because you said no to the
Mal
offers because they were 'too low'. I see people losing offers to greed all the time. Just realize that losing a
Mal
or
Um
on an item isn't the end of the world and is better than potentially sitting on it until it drops in value even more.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
Do you also compare the count of successful trades with the count of open offers in a given time? When there are 10 offers in less then 2 hours but only once every day one is sold then it is pure luck if somebody bites. The only way to get a fast bite is to undervalue it.
Yeah, I figured that the trade history has a sample size issue, which was the point of my original post I guess.
I think you missed my point. The sample size of the trade history is not the problem why things don't sell well in a buyer's market.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I just want ladder to start already so average uniques are worth something again. Since everything is non-ladder and will never change, the prices are tanking faster than Venezuela's economy IRL. So for me it takes the joy out of finding most items on non-ladder since the only things that'll really sell are perfectly rolled ones or things like Griffons, skiller GC's and HRs. End of list. :(

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
The point is that people who use this site are likely to be very serious players who mostly only want end-game gear, thus contributing to the illiquidity of the economy. Do you disagree?
Don't try and strawman me with an abstract question about the D2R economy :lol:

You started this thread to complain about how your items weren't selling and suggested that 'the people that use this site' are to blame. That's what I take issue with so I am defending them. If you're gna publicly blame other people for your lack of success here then expect to have to defend yourself publicly too.

It's just how the market works - if people want your stuff, they'll buy it. If they don't, they won't buy it.

Sorry I'm not as eloquent or patient as everyone else in here who are trying to make you see this fundamental point.

Deleted User 54930 0

@sonnytai331 @Teebling @BillyMaysed I'm perplexed. Sonny is bringing up something that is valid to his perspective on how the economy is and Admin/Mods smash him? I thought this was a community I could get behind but your bashing Sonny for his perspective is perplexing and I question if I care to stay. Of all people on the site, I would expect more understanding from those who created the place for us to discuss such things. Seems like a good moment to educate and edify, not laugh at and smash him down. Disappointing.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
straag wrote: 2 years ago
Sonny is bringing up something that is valid to his perspective on how the economy is and Admin/Mods smash him? I thought this was a community I could get behind but your bashing Sonny for his perspective is perplexing and I question if I care to stay.
We're allowed to have opinions too.

Sonny's OP was specifically targeting this site and the people that use this site. I take issue with that because it encourages people to correlate economic downward trends with the community/tools on this site.

Since it took 1.5 years to build this community and the feature set here, offered to you all for free so that you can trade, I personally find it highly irritating when people make topics like this. They take the D2R economy, something that is not under our control, and then they create threads like this suggesting that the site or people here are responsible for whatever is happening on the market.

Hopefully OP will walk away from it knowing how he can serve his own interests better.
straag wrote: 2 years ago
Of all people on the site, I would expect more understanding from those who created the place for us to discuss such things. Seems like a good moment to educate and edify, not laugh at and smash him down. Disappointing.
This is indeed a place for you guys to discuss such things - this thread remains open so more people can continue the discussion further - what exactly am I doing wrong here?

Deleted User 54930 0

Hopefully OP will walk away from it knowing how he can serve his own interests better.
Okay. Free isn't always better, got it. Sorry to have donated. I'll see myself out.
OP
The point is that people who use this site are likely to be very serious players who mostly only want end-game gear, thus contributing to the illiquidity of the economy. Do you disagree?
Don't try and strawman me with an abstract question about the D2R economy :lol:

You started this thread to complain about how your items weren't selling and suggested that 'the people that use this site' are to blame. That's what I take issue with so I am defending them. If you're gna publicly blame other people for your lack of success here then expect to have to defend yourself publicly too.

It's just how the market works - if people want your stuff, they'll buy it. If they don't, they won't buy it.

Sorry I'm not as eloquent or patient as everyone else in here who are trying to make you see this fundamental point.
I sense that you're defensive because you've put a lot of blood and sweat into building this site.

I get the grind, I'm a startup founder myself (actually just closed our Series A this year).

I think you're taking offense where there isn't meant to be any. I enjoy the site, you're doing a good job, and I agree that most of the illiquidity is outside of your control.

Keep up the good work. I'll see myself out of this thread.
Something that I can firmly say is that is not the site's fault. In fact, this website makes it enjoyable to trade, and a huge amount of effort was made to make it look very good.
Bartering is always imperfect, and in the end, there is always going to be a gap of what people want for an item and what others offer for it.
In-game is much much more imbalanced.
As a web developer myself (back end mostly) I understand the massive undertaking and how long it can take to make a website as polished as this one.
In other notes, have you guys seen the massive appraisal of SOJ's its amazing.

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Something that I can firmly say is that is not the site's fault. In fact, this website makes it enjoyable to trade, and a huge amount of effort was made to make it look very good.
Bartering is always imperfect, and in the end, there is always going to be a gap of what people want for an item and what others offer for it.
In-game is much much more imbalanced.
As a web developer myself (back end mostly) I understand the massive undertaking and how long it can take to make a website as polished as this one.
In other notes, have you guys seen the massive appraisal of SOJ's its amazing.
Agreed.

Sorceress Americas PC
I think you're taking offense where there isn't meant to be any. I enjoy the site, you're doing a good job, and I agree that most of the illiquidity is outside of your control.
The only issue here is that you were complaining about a general D2 economy issue (prices tanking leading to too many sellers VS buyers) but you clearly worded it as if it was just an issue on D2io. How could the sites admin NOT call you out on something like that? lol. You could've just corrected yourself, but instead you kept debating so you didn't "lose" instead of just admitting you were obviously placing the blame somewhere it didn't belong. It's not a huge deal of course, but when you're clearly wrong, people are going to call you out on it.

Teebling 5806Admin

Europe PC
I sense that you're defensive because you've put a lot of blood and sweat into building this site.
Yes, you're right. I'm probably being overly defensive, sorry.

I get so many complaints every single day from people that sometimes it can seem like everyone is against the site and what was created here. When I see the 4th/5th topic about 'my trades won't sell' I get angry because in general people associate that with the platform and not the game.

If this wasn't your intention then I apologise for not picking up on that sooner - regardless though, I have to make it quite clear to people here on the public forum that they must separate what the site is able to do for them, and what the economy can offer for them - two different things that I see confused all too often.

I can't just stand by idly and allow people to come to conclusions like that.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
I like the site. It helps me alot to figure out what people want/need, what's the value of an item and that not everything that has value will be sold just because it has a price tag.

Supply and demand, as simple as that.
It's not about too much sellers vs. too much buyers. It's more like rare items vs. everyday drops.
And sometimes it just needs a few days to sell some stuff.

Keep up the good work on the site :).

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Game is dying, simple as that. The people still playing have all the low and mid-tier items needed.

There aren't enough new players to fuel the economy. So stuff like
Shako
and
Tal
's Armor keeps dropping. The only things worth a damn are the rarest drops, gg rares, and HRs.

Sorceress Americas PC
DarkStar668 wrote: 2 years ago
Game is dying, simple as that. The people still playing have all the low and mid-tier items needed.
yeeep. Non ladder economy always tanks with hyper inflation like this and then only HRs and perfectly rolled rare uniques sell at all. I myself have already been given 5 free hellfire torches and parts of
Tal
's and various other decent things lol.

Servers need fixing and ladder needs to start so we can all go back to the game lol.

Probably most of you did all of this back in LoD, but you bought D2R anyway. Were you really expecting any difference? It's still the same as back in its "glorious" days - and so are the issues.

But this is just how Diablo-Gamer are. "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity."

With that said it's time to go back grinding, instead of lecturing perfect strangers about economy on mid-school-level.
I blame the site developer for not making the D2R economy buy
The Jade Tan Do
i just found!
Yea mate, or my very well rolled
Tancred's Crowbill
, which I listed for just 1
Mal

(jokes aside, it was the only item remaining when I made a free stuff game where I droped a bunch of stuff, nobody wants it)

Lo
Wisp Projector

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...