diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   3503 views

A moment of silence for all of the items I've left behind accidently

No data yet

Description

Just now I was casually running Durance of Hate to MF
Mephisto
. A bunch of those little stygian dolls hit me so my health was very low. I picked up a
Super Healing Potion
and pop, a
Ko
rune appears. There must have been too many items in the same place so the game decided to hide the rune and show me the potion. :-|

At least it was only a
Ko
rune and I was able to pick it up, but it's making me wonder about what I've left on the Ground without realizing it.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Mephisto
. A bunch of those little stygian dolls hit me so my health was very low. I picked up a
Super Healing Potion
and pop, a
Ko
rune appears. There must have been too many items in the same place so the game decided to hide the rune and show me the potion. :-|

At least it was only a
Ko
rune and I was able to pick it up, but it's making me wonder about what I've left on the Ground without realizing it.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
This happens a lot, cows is the worst for it imo. Inside the pen where the king spawns. i stopped hoarding the cows for this exact reason. Just 2 days ago we had a
Vex
drop that we didnt see. We always make a quick second run around after cows are dead to collect gems pots etc.. It was hidden in the corner of the pen under 20 pots.

Add Viiolatez#1113 for quick responses

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
Month ago i entered some game for occasional farm, not even interfere. Jumped to
City of the Damned
and found a vicious pack of dogs and knights together (curse, might, something else). Blasted most of it, but merc dropped - and here i made a mistake. Opened tp to resurrect it... Instantly, two other players jumped in, and while i was in town, one capses: "
Jah
RUNE!!!" Even if it was his bluff, i still clench my
Teeth
. Especially considering the fact i never looted
Jah
from mobs/pops/whatever. After that, some
Ko
... šŸ™‚ no offence, but i think you got lucky to leave just
Ko
behind

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Hoost07 wrote: 2 years ago
Mephisto
Super Healing Potion
and pop, a
Ko
This happened with an
Ist
rune on one of the small pathways above the River way point. killed a pack and like 15 potions drop, i pick up all the potions and start to walk away and then glance back and there's an
Ist
rune lol. So ya.. who knows whats been left behind. This happens alot in
The Arcane Sanctuary
or the maggot lair because of how tiny the spaces are.

I am wondering how one can not see the runes since they have a special colour. I hoard my enemies to kill them with
Corpse Explosion
, still find all the runes instantly.

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
Nasharan wrote: 2 years ago
I am wondering how one can not see the runes since they have a special colour. I hoard my enemies to kill them with
Corpse Explosion
, still find all the runes instantly.
When there are way too many drops, the game completely hides the overflowing items, which only appear after you've picked up some of them. It doesn't matter if it has a special color, you can't see it. That's what the thread is about btw

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
i was playing after a very very long shift at work the other morning, and i work graveyard. i had played for a couple of hours and was in
Chaos Sanctuary
i had actually
Fallen
asleep while playing, and when i woke up from nodding off for a bit, there was a
Vex
rune on the Ground. i was like wtf!? picked that shit up and then checked the video from the capture software i use. i could see my char wandering around aimlessly and then enventually get stuck walking endlessly in to a wall, my merc kills a ghost and i see the
Vex
drop. i still laugh about. found a
Vex
literally in my sleep.
It's times like this is why I'm glad the Zon main that I play does runs slow and steady. Nothing ever gets past my item filtering. I check drops with every monster pack I take down, and yes, that means my clear speed is slower, but not losing drops makes it worth it imo. Also, I can clear mobs faster, but in most cases I choose not to for that added security of making sure Im not missing any good drops.
And if you think about that it's stupidly easy to fix, you just need to make high value items tooltips to overlap others...but blizzard devs have no brain.
umm, maybe that is why I still haven't find or picked up any high runes yet.
OP
Alkuut wrote: 2 years ago
umm, maybe that is why I still haven't find or picked up any high runes yet.
Probably. At least that's what I tell myself. XD

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
Also rune drops make a very distinctive sound. That said, doesn't the Item Spacing option that you can set during game creation help with that?
OP
Inethil wrote: 2 years ago
Also rune drops make a very distinctive sound. That said, doesn't the Item Spacing option that you can set during game creation help with that?
yeah that's true. I often listen to music while I'm playing or just have the game volume low.

Ah, makes sense. As an HC player my feeling is that I must have all my senses keeping me alive. If I can't hear mobs, or worse someone hitting me or my merc while I look away to pet the cat ... Doom.

Doom of cat. (Doom Felinas, 80% Open Wounds)

Seriously though, both my kid and pets have cost me near Death or actual Death experiences.
Inethil wrote: 2 years ago
There are so many times when killing cows where I think I hear a rune drop and when I do a little investigating I find nothing... I'm convinced they use a similar sound sample during a cow's Death.
To date, Cow level or elsewhere, having experimented with the Space Items feature, it really does seem to work.
If there is a lot of stuff on the floor I always use the new zoom on D2R. You will see so much more items. Maybe this info is usefull to some1
Hopefully one day Blizz will allow custom loot filters which could help as well. One can Dream.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder

Deleted User 54930 0

I've had this happen, too, but also killed monsters off screen. Killed
Infector of Souls
pack off screen because my sorc still has to
Teleport
all over the place. Had it not been for needing a potion, I would have missed a
Jah
rune 0.o

Been super OCD about checking all spaces I've cleared since that. lol

Advertisment