Sorceress to start.
Slowly building my
Windforce
Amazon and a
Smite
Paladin.
Ultimately my
Charged Strike
Javazon and my Lightning Sorceress when I'll get an Infinity on my Merc.
Wow, lots of people love the sorc O_O (me too)
Sutlore wrote: 2 years ago
It truly is the easiest way to magic find stuff for the real character you want to use. I try not to do it though as I dislike Sorceress, its boring/bland seeing a shit ton of sorceresses running around and the fact that I want to power through and self find everything with the character I want to play. Feels like I really earned it myself, you know?

"And I...am...Iron Lesbian."
*snap*
IronLesbian wrote: 2 years ago
Sutlore wrote: 2 years ago
It truly is the easiest way to magic find stuff for the real character you want to use. I try not to do it though as I dislike Sorceress, its boring/bland seeing a shit ton of sorceresses running around and the fact that I want to power through and self find everything with the character I want to play. Feels like I really earned it myself, you know?
Actually, I just started playing a sorceror in the open-beta as my favourite character, assassin, could not be played. The sorc was the easiest one to begin with imo, apart from the mana hungry characteristic. I think somehow in late game, playing sorc would be tough because monster's element resistants will be so high.

But thanks for the info that the sorc is easy to gain more magicfind%, I did not know that. will check with the itemdb later :)
I'll be playing sorceress for the simple fact that I want to be able to farm
The Countess
and
Mephisto
early on (and quickly). Can't beat
Teleport

I chose this name, twenty years ago, when the different regions you could play on battle.net were called realms, for an amazon, my first battle.net character. I have only ever used it in Diablo 2, so I guess it is fitting I continue that on here.
More than likely sorc for the MFing but I'll probably forget that when I actually sit down to play and roll with barb. Super excited to get to killing again!
I will start out with Sorc to start some gear acquisition from
Mephisto
. If there is no realm down, i'll prob be hitting some other mini bosses instead. After I get a couple good items i'll likely roll my paladin and find my home in
Chaos Sanctuary

def running the Sorc first for easy MF to start while we develop the Hammerdin for the 2nd wave of MF crushing to finish the super Javazon of lightning Death
Going to try starting Sorc this time around. I typically end up playing a Necro summoner because I really enjoy the chill gameplay it offers me. But I want something a bit more exciting at the moment. We'll see how long that lasts, haha!
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
How viable is melee sorceress in the base game? In PD2 I was able to take it into hell without much problems, but they modified stats on all the items to give splash damage to pretty much everything. I know it's going to be full on meme-spec, but wondering how bad it's going to be with D2R itemization.
They're the strongest meeker class... =)

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
It is interesting how my playstyle is so totally different, i have not interest in making a efficient farming sorc because the challengeless constant farming would bore me to Death. I make the best out of my finding and play flexible/exotic build for change of pace like Daggermancer.
Sorc to speed up the start of farming. Then Assassin because I enjoy her most, and need her for Ubers. In the end of the line I'll ultimately Hammerdin for all-act-domination

If we have a trade, just add me to bnet rather than waiting for a delayed forum response please, thank you!
Frozen Orb
sorc because I've never rolled a mage and want to
Teleport
like the other cool kids.
For me it's this time not about max efficiency.
Rift-Kicksin, phys. Bowazon, Throwbarb are Planned

Stay a while and listen

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I didn’t play for gear in online cause of trade(which was a mistake cause I had only low stuff)
So it was:
1) elemental Druid (which sucked completely in hell)/not finished hell
2) necro skel- which sucked and was boring/not finished hell
3)
Frenzy
barb- kicks ass with only lightsabers /finished hell
4) coldzon- great! Almost finished hell but went for offline.
5) hammadin- offline. Good.

My favourite are:
1) Amazon
2) barbarian
3) elemental Druid.

Still exploring builds.. javizon is next and then lightning sorc.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
I ended up going with a physical dmg bowazon on my first character in D2R, it was a struggle at first but I made it work.

My second character was a fishymancer/revivo-mancer build necro, got him to 87 and then got bored.

My third character is a full IK set WW/Zerk hybrid barb, works out pretty well and is very fun and fast to play, currently 85.

I'm working on an enchantress sorc currently, having trouble deciding if I want to do lightning or cold as a secondary duel spec to deal with fire immunes, so far been super fun and very unorthodox way to play the sorc, can cast fireballs and then smack mobs with a sword
Ladder reset in a few hours, right? What are people planning to run first? I can't decide whether to go cookie cutter or something less popular and sell all the sorc/pally stuff I find.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Ladder reset in a few hours, right? What are people planning to run first? I can't decide whether to go cookie cutter or something less popular and sell all the sorc/pally stuff I find.
Well, if by a few hours you mean >24 hours then I guess, yeah. ;)

Personally, I restrict myself to 1 ladder char for dclone/trading purposes (and I guess this time around sunder charm farming). S1, that was a pally (and some experimenting) but turns out there's far better options, even for ubers/dclone. This time around, it is all about 'dat caster and praying for a semi-quick first 2
Ber
runes for that obligatory Infinity.
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago

Relax and have fun!
Yes, I had seen somewhere saying 2am on the 6th but clearly that was a bit optimistic. :)

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...