Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
14 replies   2806 views

Description

So i made myself a neat new ish build on my sorc (have not seen anyone else use my setup yet)and i was wondering what other people have done now that 2.4 is in full effect.
Do people keep using the 20 year old builds or have most changed over to new hybrids?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

So i made myself a neat new ish build on my sorc (have not seen anyone else use my setup yet)and i was wondering what other people have done now that 2.4 is in full effect.
Do people keep using the 20 year old builds or have most changed over to new hybrids?

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
RN I'm levelling up my MA Phoenix assa via Tail coz I prefer more controllable usage of charges. Just halfway through the game but definitely can do stuff on her own from scratch. The only thing is my barb merc, as most of mercs on this stage he needs things that I can't give him RN. But yeah, assa is fun.
OP
Chasodey wrote: 2 years ago
RN I'm levelling up my MA Phoenix assa via Tail coz I prefer more controllable usage of charges. Just halfway through the game but definitely can do stuff on her own from scratch. The only thing is my barb merc, as most of mercs on this stage he needs things that I can't give him RN. But yeah, assa is fun.
ohh Phoenix assa and the charges game is realy cool imo. il try that out at a later time for sure!

I kinda went with a blizz/
Hydra
. can do everything and not in the low orb/
Hydra
way.

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
I'm also trying to make a new assassin build but
Phoenix Strike
is very awkward to build in my experience (from the ptr and theory crafting). But that may be the result of trying to make a budget build without
Death Sentry
Currently I'm looking at a
Wake of Fire
and
Claws of Thunder
or a
Claws of Thunder
and
Fists of Fire
build both using full Natalyas and the new Plague runeword. I have tested the former in the ptr and it works quite well. I only wish that the
Lower Resist
proc from Plague would be on striking and not when struck but at least we got new claw(s) so I can't complain.

Also a
Nova
with
Energy Shield
sorc is something I want to try someday.

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Playing the summon druid and hes absolutely destroying :P. Ravens are weirdly OP lol.

Haven’t made it to NM or Hell yet but I’m actually leveling myself as a
Leap Attack
Barb and it works! (for now) It’s super fun to
Leap
at things specially now that it was given a bit of AoE damage. Part of me doesn’t want to respec and actually wants to make it work.

I know in another thread I said I wanted to test a throwing barb with 2.4 runewords but I’m having too much fun with
Leap Attack
so I may have changed my mind 😅

Deleted User 632 0

LuckyAce wrote: 2 years ago
Leap Attack
Leap
at things specially now that it was given a bit of AoE damage. Part of me doesn’t want to respec and actually wants to make it work.

I know in another thread I said I wanted to test a throwing barb with 2.4 runewords but I’m having too much fun with
Leap Attack
i always wished the
Leap
skills scaled with faster run / walk bonuses. to become super quick. i bet it would be so awesome to just jump around at crazy speed and smash monsters.
OP
Leap Attack
Leap

Leap Attack
ooohh a
Leap Attack
barb sounds realy fun, i hope you get it to work in nm and hell!
and its kinda cool that people try new stuff now that things are changing.

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
Onibasso wrote: 2 years ago
Leap Attack
Leap

Leap Attack
ooohh a
Leap Attack
barb sounds realy fun, i hope you get it to work in nm and hell!
and its kinda cool that people try new stuff now that things are changing.
I did a tiny bit of testing on NL the day before ladder dropped to see what it could do in hell. It kinda works but you need specific gear (lots of FHR for when you land!)

But I tried this on a 2h build which does more damage at the expense of survivability.

So for ladder I switched it up and am going with swords. Eventually I’ll make myself a Grief or BoTD to test with this.

The biggest downside I’ve noticed so far is the splash damage doesn’t scale as much as I would like it to, and the radius stays pretty small (4.6-4.8 yards). Despite all that, still really fun to play.

I wanted to break away from the meta builds everyone’s been playing for the better part of 2 decades for my first ladder season in 12 years. Feels great ✌️

BillyMaysed 2187Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Leap Attack
Leap

Leap Attack
What other skills are you using besides
Leap Attack
? Wouldn't a
Whirlwind
/
Leap Attack
combo work well together?

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Leap Attack
Leap

Leap Attack
Leap Attack
? Wouldn't a
Whirlwind
/
Leap Attack
Right now it's
Concentrate
for left click,
Leap Attack
and
Battle Cry
on right click.
Battle Cry
actually works pretty well, cast it after landing in a pack of monsters, and suddenly that splash damage from
Leap Attack
hits a little bit harder.
Whirlwind
makes sense on paper, but its a bit harder to control in reality after landing. I was given a
Bloodletter
from a friend to test this out with and I found myself not really liking the feeling of doing
Whirlwind
after landing from leaping.

OP
Leap Attack
Leap

Leap Attack
Leap Attack
? Wouldn't a
Whirlwind
/
Leap Attack
Right now it's
Concentrate
for left click,
Leap Attack
and
Battle Cry
on right click.
Battle Cry
actually works pretty well, cast it after landing in a pack of monsters, and suddenly that splash damage from
Leap Attack
Whirlwind
makes sense on paper, but its a bit harder to control in reality after landing. I was given a
Bloodletter
from a friend to test this out with and I found myself not really liking the feeling of doing
Whirlwind
hmmm, if u use
War Cry
when u land would that be any good? or is the
Stun
lenght to low maby?

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
Onibasso wrote: 2 years ago

Leap Attack
? Wouldn't a
Whirlwind
/
Leap Attack
Right now it's
Concentrate
for left click,
Leap Attack
and
Battle Cry
on right click.
Battle Cry
Leap Attack
Whirlwind
Bloodletter
Whirlwind
hmmm, if u use
War Cry
when u land would that be any good? or is the
Stun
lenght to low maby?
That could possibly work, but I've determined this build needs a bit of FCR (regardless if I decide to use WC or not). Hopefully once I make Fortitude and find a good FCR
Circlet
or ring, that'll change things a bit.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but since some Lightning spells have been buffed, I though about making an alternative lightning sorceress: maxed
Nova
Static Field
(synergy),
Thunder Storm
(since we've already maxed its only synergy) and, of course,
Lightning Mastery

A
Hydra
sorc (after removing its cooldown) is also viable after 2.4.
OP
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
I haven't tried it myself yet, but since some Lightning spells have been buffed, I though about making an alternative lightning sorceress: maxed
Nova
Static Field
(synergy),
Thunder Storm
(since we've already maxed its only synergy) and, of course,
Lightning Mastery

A
Hydra
sorc (after removing its cooldown) is also viable after 2.4.
Yeah
Hydra
works for sure. i mixed it upp with blizz and
Hydra
. works like a charm.

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█

Advertisment

Hide ads