Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1591 views

Description

I’m creating this topic for anyone who would like to share their offline loot experience. Whether it is good, bad, cruel or strange… please share a bit.

For example, I have had mixed emotions about my offline RNG. I have had decent luck with rune drops except still no
Jah
. I have hundreds of hours of playtime, multiple level 80 and 90 characters and still no oculus or HoZ. I have not been able to find dracul’s grasp. Two nights ago, an ethereal dracul’s dropped 👎

The only usable TC87 item I have found has been
Windforce
. And I was able to get a
Windforce
weeks before looting a
Razortail
. Also, I have only seen 2-3 plain grand matron bows drop. None of which have rolled 4 sockets with the cube recipe.

I guess RNG is why I love and hate the game but it keeps me coming back.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I’m creating this topic for anyone who would like to share their offline loot experience. Whether it is good, bad, cruel or strange… please share a bit.

For example, I have had mixed emotions about my offline RNG. I have had decent luck with rune drops except still no
Jah
. I have hundreds of hours of playtime, multiple level 80 and 90 characters and still no oculus or HoZ. I have not been able to find dracul’s grasp. Two nights ago, an ethereal dracul’s dropped 👎

The only usable TC87 item I have found has been
Windforce
. And I was able to get a
Windforce
weeks before looting a
Razortail
. Also, I have only seen 2-3 plain grand matron bows drop. None of which have rolled 4 sockets with the cube recipe.

I guess RNG is why I love and hate the game but it keeps me coming back.
I literally made HOTO, Enigma, COH, Infinity, Grief, Phoenix, Pride before ever finding a friking Arachnids Mesh (even after over 1k Mephs runs, over 250 Diablo runs, etc). Also found a perfect 30CDmg Deaths Fathom. RNG is crazy in this game. No WF for me thou :/
OP
LarsVonAllen wrote: 1 year ago
I literally made HOTO, Enigma, COH, Infinity, Grief, Phoenix, Pride before ever finding a friking Arachnids Mesh (even after over 1k Mephs runs, over 250 Diablo runs, etc). Also found a perfect 30CDmg Deaths Fathom. RNG is crazy in this game. No WF for me thou :/
Yeah that is pretty crazy. Just curious, where have you found most of your high runes and on what player setting?
Most definitely: Cow runs. In 425 properly counted runs. I’ve found: 1
Cham
, 1
Jah
, 2
Ber
, 2
Sur
, 2
Lo
, 2
Ohm
, 2
Vex
, 4
Gul
, 2
Ist
. And some
Mal
Um
and
Pul
. All of the runs on P5, across many Chars and builds. I’m aiming at 1000 runs lol.
OP
LarsVonAllen wrote: 1 year ago
Most definitely: Cow runs. In 425 properly counted runs. I’ve found: 1
Cham
, 1
Jah
, 2
Ber
, 2
Sur
, 2
Lo
, 2
Ohm
, 2
Vex
, 4
Gul
, 2
Ist
. And some
Mal
Um
and
Pul
. All of the runs on P5, across many Chars and builds. I’m aiming at 1000 runs lol.
That’s awesome! I’ve had bad luck with cows but I only attempt cows on p1 or p3
True, before those 425 I’ve done some more that I didn’t track (Around 300). P1 mostly, those were before Enigma/Infinity/COH. Once I geared enough, P5 was no problem.
years back, LOD with plugy mod...
gore riders dropped with +90 frw

a real wtf moment...

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
I played 8ppl offline a lot, before d2r came out. Must say, it's different game - you gain levels fast (assumin you survive in low gear), but without any trades, rng can be a real pain in the azz. No torches, no anni - complicates things already. You can find 4-5
Sur
, but not a single damn
Lo
, for example - for weeks. Also, 4 of 5 talset items - except for damn
Belt
, which dropped only at my 94 sorc lv 😬
Still - offline has it's own experience. Most notable, it's a solitude - just you gainst everything. Smooth fps (no ping! awesome), any ppl you want - but ONLY what you find on your own. It's slower, it's harder - but there is it's own unique way.
On HC, things are looking even more grim - solitude sharpens, feels more itchy - but damn, it's so much sweeter when that
Ber
jumps out occasionally...
After I'm done with S2, I'll migrate into offline HC likely. Gettin tired with online - lowballin azzholes, hidden farmers and similar jerks, along with ping and no ppl control. Seems I need to change the picture.

Nate 527

Switch
I’ve posted a lot of my ssf offline experience, and rng is rng. Check out my profile and forum topics started.

Runes are pretty good via trav and
Lower Kurast
, I average about 1 hr per week (I only count
Ohm
and higher). While those tc87 items are super rare. The good thing about ssf offline is that it’s not a matter of if it’ll drop, just a matter of time. To maximize the chances nothing beats a well equipped hammerdin, sorc who can speed through p7 level 85 areas with high mf.

What’s been one of the hardest factors for me has been keeping my hoarding in check. I have mules for rw bases, unique weapons, armour, helmets, jewelry, charms, etc and they get full fast. With only the limited chars your allowed you need to spend sometime keep everything organized.

What’s really frustrating is when a rare item drops, or you make a rune word and the rolls are just garbage… I’ve found like 4
Eth
Durrell shells but never an
Eth
Guardian Angel
or
Hone Sundan

Keep at it though!
Nate wrote: 1 year ago
I’ve posted a lot of my ssf offline experience, and rng is rng. Check out my profile and forum topics started.

Runes are pretty good via trav and
Lower Kurast
, I average about 1 hr per week (I only count
Ohm
and higher). While those tc87 items are super rare. The good thing about ssf offline is that it’s not a matter of if it’ll drop, just a matter of time. To maximize the chances nothing beats a well equipped hammerdin, sorc who can speed through p7 level 85 areas with high mf.

What’s been one of the hardest factors for me has been keeping my hoarding in check. I have mules for rw bases, unique weapons, armour, helmets, jewelry, charms, etc and they get full fast. With only the limited chars your allowed you need to spend sometime keep everything organized.

What’s really frustrating is when a rare item drops, or you make a rune word and the rolls are just garbage… I’ve found like 4
Eth
Durrell shells but never an
Eth
Guardian Angel
or
Hone Sundan

Keep at it though!
Wait, if SSF in single player you get unlimited Chars right? I have over 40 Mules, plus my Chars, and I don’t see if there’s a limit. I feel you with the
Eth
Guardian. My first, and only so far,
Giant Skull
was an
Eth
with 1 socket. Lol and mi first 2 Skillers with life were both Curses one 40 Life and 37 lifers Lmao.
Btw. I have a backup save with all of my Chars/mules. And when I’m about to roll a high-end runeword, I make sure to get a good roll, if I don’t, well I just delete my d2r folder and paste the backup and try again. You may call it “cheating” but, would be true, but if I would have gotten my Faith with 1 all skills and 12 Fana aura, like a I did on my first roll, I would have lost it. Same thing I do with pgms. I reroll until I have a decent Skiller, Or GC in general. I do that every batch of 150 pgms. So I’m secure I get something useful out of all that hard farming. To each his own i guess.

Nate 527

Switch
I’m on console so can’t do the cool file stuff like on comp, and yea my chars are capped…

It also sux when something drops that’s both rare and useful but you already have all you need, I have like 4
Tal Rasha
amulets, but sadly all my sorcs have great blue or crafted ammys, wish I could trade them
Damn, I didn’t know Chars are capped on console, Feelsbad

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...