diablo2.io is supported by ads
68 replies   93552 views

New Diablo Clone mechanics revealed for Resurrected 2.4

No data yet

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

sweabs wrote: 2 years ago
dang...personally not a fan of this. i liked that the anni was an elusive and gg item...and the actual experience of dclone even more so. but, this certainly means everyone gets an anni & plenty of chances to kill dclone
You shouldn't have to monitor server IP Addresses just to try and get an item. The prior mechanic resulted in behaviour that was just so far outside what the game should be about. Completely agree with comments that the tie to SOJs is rather pointless now though, and was pointless before too.
totally counter productive to be selling off server generated SoJ's.

this shows that Blizzard devs has no idea on how to change the selling mechanic yet.
I'm hoping that they will change the mechanics later on and change it into an actual event (i.e. torch selling or using the
Standard of Heroes
)
Some mechanic that uses
Standard of Heroes
/mulitiple
Standard of Heroes
instead of SOJ would be fantastic (if well executed of course). Give use to an item that currently has no use (and takes a bit of effort to come by as well).
annoynimous wrote: 2 years ago
totally counter productive to be selling off server generated SoJ's.

this shows that Blizzard devs has no idea on how to change the selling mechanic yet.
Everything we get in the game is generated by the server.
And this is a perfect example of a gold sink (actually "item sink", since in D2 gold is worthless). I know, it was initially introduced to combat massive SoJ duping, but if tweaked properly (extended to include more items, maybe runes), such a mechanics could be used to combat inflation. I wish the devs pursued this way instead of (too) frequent resets.

Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
i'm guessing the big small dick jsp users who bought all the soj will wanna sell them at a time of the day when there is very few people online and multibox several accounts to maximise the profits.
Fixed it for you. ^^

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
All of this is even more challenging for Hardcore specific players which is by natural default a lower player base overall. Thus the
Diablo Clone
progression will be more challenging there.

As we all know, there was a loop hole on DII: LoD whereby certain sets of IP's rotated from NL to Ladder which enabled them D Clone spawn walks across both SC & HC simultaneously.

I'm neutral on the current process thus far as I am interested to see the frequency in action, but HC as one of the server segments will likely lag and struggle the SC anni market.

---

I am also not convinced that the botters with 100 - 1000 active clients were willing and able to acquire multiple D2R licenses at the price point pop when you were able to acquire Classic + LoD keys for $5 easy.

Given that automation (exploits) haven't exactly hit the market (although through private channels they are in-motion), speaking to friends who are close to D2R SE's, they have indicated that the ban hammer will be more widely deployed.

Thus, while yes this new system still benefits those with multiple licenses, I think we need to Temper the likelihood of how many legacy heavy hitters are scaled at this point. Outside of Yogi aka YesGamers...

Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
this is a perfect example of a gold sink (actually "item sink", since in D2 gold is worthless). I know, it was initially introduced to combat massive SoJ duping, but if tweaked properly (extended to include more items, maybe runes), such a mechanics could be used to combat inflation. I wish the devs pursued this way instead of (too) frequent resets.
I've always said that (well, this, or other suggestions about things to do with items).
Combatting inflation is a great reason to do it, plus there's another one imho: Make 'finding high level drops exciting again'.

There's nothing more disappointing than farming
Baal
or whatever for hours, finding one of the highest level items in the game, looking it up and finding that it's worthless because everyone has 17 copies of it, and the runewords are better anyway.

Finding a Grandfather should be a big deal. And it would be, if there was a use for it (other than using it, which next to no one does).
There are many possibilities for things they could do with it, they could be used to spawn
Uber Diablo
(uniques being given a rating, so selling a grandfather would give say 5x more '
Uber Diablo
points' than selling a
Doombringer
, and like 1000x more points than selling a trash low level unique).
Or there could be a way to "melt" them to acquire a new currency, and that currency could be used to do a lot of things (craft runes, or pgems, anything).

Basically, anything to make finding uniques exciting.
The way it is now, finding uniques isn't exciting 95% of the time (because they're all worthless), and sometimes it's just short-lived excitement, like finding a unique ring and thinking it may be soj but it almost never is.

Schnorki 3181Moderator

PC
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
this is a perfect example of a gold sink (actually "item sink", since in D2 gold is worthless). I know, it was initially introduced to combat massive SoJ duping, but if tweaked properly (extended to include more items, maybe runes), such a mechanics could be used to combat inflation. I wish the devs pursued this way instead of (too) frequent resets.
I've always said that (well, this, or other suggestions about things to do with items).
Combatting inflation is a great reason to do it, plus there's another one imho: Make 'finding high level drops exciting again'.

There's nothing more disappointing than farming
Baal
or whatever for hours, finding one of the highest level items in the game, looking it up and finding that it's worthless because everyone has 17 copies of it, and the runewords are better anyway.

Finding a Grandfather should be a big deal. And it would be, if there was a use for it (other than using it, which next to no one does).
There are many possibilities for things they could do with it, they could be used to spawn
Uber Diablo
(uniques being given a rating, so selling a grandfather would give say 5x more '
Uber Diablo
points' than selling a
Doombringer
, and like 1000x more points than selling a trash low level unique).
Or there could be a way to "melt" them to acquire a new currency, and that currency could be used to do a lot of things (craft runes, or pgems, anything).

Basically, anything to make finding uniques exciting.
The way it is now, finding uniques isn't exciting 95% of the time (because they're all worthless), and sometimes it's just short-lived excitement, like finding a unique ring and thinking it may be soj but it almost never is.
Well, you could just say any unique (and set?) can be sold to contribute to dclone progress and the progress is tracked as a total combined qlvl (say 100.000 or however much seems accurately balanced) instead of number of total sales. In that case, any high level drop being sold would automatically contribute significantly more to progress than some low level would (e.g. Grandfather would be 8.5x the value of a
Nagelring
).

That would actually make EVERY unique/set drop have value in one way or another and would allow everyone to feel like they contributed.
For anyone interested, I am coordinating a public D Clone walk on PSN. Buy-in is only 1 SOJ, as it's just for fun before the ladder starts. My clan already has enough SOJs to guarantee spawn, so everything added on now will just be more spawns for the same buy-in price.
OP

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
duanebs wrote: 2 years ago
For anyone interested, I am coordinating a public D Clone walk on PSN. Buy-in is only 1 SOJ, as it's just for fun before the ladder starts. My clan already has enough SOJs to guarantee spawn, so everything added on now will just be more spawns for the same buy-in price.
If you haven't already, you should create a Player Services listing for Playstation (including any other filters like Non-Ladder, Softcore, and region ur aiming for).

That way when people click the 'Find Games' button, they'll see your incentive and help out. You could provide links to your discord where your clan is coordinating etc.

Just an idea :)

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
If you haven't already, you should create a Player Services listing for Playstation (including any other filters like Non-Ladder, Softcore, and region ur aiming for).

That way when people click the 'Find Games' button, they'll see your incentive and help out. You could provide links to your discord where your clan is coordinating etc.

Just an idea :)
Thanks for the Advice! I'm fairly unexperienced with diablo2.io. My first post didn't get a lot of attention, but probably bc I did it wrong. This will make it a lot more visible!
Clan coordinates via PSN chat room (since it's exclusive to that env), but discord may be an option for future events.
Thanks again!
Someone keeps false reporting today
Hatter wrote: 2 years ago
Someone keeps false reporting today
very annoying!

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
The market is already flush with
Annihilus
charms. I predict they will go down to the value of
Ist
for an unid. I think that dclone should probably have a chance to drop the
Annihilus
now because they are too common. I would be fine with
Pandemonium Event
Key
drop chance from
Nihlathak
, summoner, countess.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
geo89 wrote: 2 years ago
Annihilus
Ist
Annihilus
Pandemonium Event
Key
drop chance from
Nihlathak
, summoner, countess.
Not sure how many SOJs are needed to be sold but I'm not confident people will continue to sell off to
Gheed
as quickly as they are right now. The non-ladder runes/soj would continue to deflate in price so maybe they are trying to liquidate for RMT right now.

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
snorlaxing wrote: 2 years ago
Annihilus
Ist
Annihilus
Pandemonium Event
Key
drop chance from
Nihlathak
, summoner, countess.
Not sure how many SOJs are needed to be sold but I'm not confident people will continue to sell off to
Gheed
as quickly as they are right now. The non-ladder runes/soj would continue to deflate in price so maybe they are trying to liquidate for RMT right now.
What does that mean? I never even considered RMT; is that an issue in the playerbase?

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.
snorlaxing wrote: 2 years ago
Annihilus
Ist
Annihilus
Pandemonium Event
Key
drop chance from
Nihlathak
, summoner, countess.
Gheed
What does that mean? I never even considered RMT; is that an issue in the playerbase?
A good amount of "large farmers" (you probably may have seen their trade treads offering tens of dozens) of
Annihilus
charms actively sell on ebay and other places for actual money. In order to do this consistently, they needed to procure the SOJ to get the event spawn. Now after the spawn events are confirmed and the whole realm gets it, this practice is no longer profitable as, like you said, the market is flooded with it. But holding those SOJs now won't help them recoup their losses so trying to generate the
Diablo Clone
to get the
Annihilus
for sale is a measure to trim the losses.

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)
Anyone have any clue why people would seell sojs in classic? There are no charms in classic, and so anni can't spawn right? Or is there something I'm missing?

Bisu 369

PC
seamonkey18 wrote: 2 years ago
Anyone have any clue why people would seell sojs in classic? There are no charms in classic, and so anni can't spawn right? Or is there something I'm missing?
I have the exact same question! LOL. Is classic DC a real thing, but without the anni drop?
Bisu wrote: 2 years ago
seamonkey18 wrote: 2 years ago
I have the exact same question! LOL. Is classic DC a real thing, but without the anni drop?
Now that you mention it I think it might be. Does he literally drop nothing then? Need to know why this exists haha

Edit - according to my research into 15 year old forum posts, we were correct. He spawns in classic and drops nothing. I think it's just for bragging rights. Oof.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...