Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   1743 views

Description

Hey guys. I was playing my physical bowazon last night enjoying how fast she kills everything and I was wishing she had some mf. All her charms are damage/ar charms and I was thinking when my ladder bowazon switches to non ladder I would try my hand at a mf physical bowazon.

Has anyone tried this before? I want to make a Mist at some point (was hoping to this ladder but the early reset threw that out the window).

I'm thinking I'll need to keep the usual gear, Fortitude,
Windforce
(not buying another
Jah
for Faith), war traveller's. But I wonder how much I can deviate from the standard damage build with
Burst of Speed
proc from Hustle on swap. My charms will have be all mf sc and gheeds. I might need a
Bone Break
now as my damage won't be high enough for my
Magic Arrow
trick to work.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys. I was playing my physical bowazon last night enjoying how fast she kills everything and I was wishing she had some mf. All her charms are damage/ar charms and I was thinking when my ladder bowazon switches to non ladder I would try my hand at a mf physical bowazon.

Has anyone tried this before? I want to make a Mist at some point (was hoping to this ladder but the early reset threw that out the window).

I'm thinking I'll need to keep the usual gear, Fortitude,
Windforce
(not buying another
Jah
for Faith), war traveller's. But I wonder how much I can deviate from the standard damage build with
Burst of Speed
proc from Hustle on swap. My charms will have be all mf sc and gheeds. I might need a
Bone Break
now as my damage won't be high enough for my
Magic Arrow
trick to work.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
Here is an interesting discussion about the strengths/weaknesses of bowazons: forums/wands-can-be-ethereal-why-not-bows-t1363924.html

Schnorki has some good points, the big things making mf awkward on a bowazon is her mobility - you simply won't be able to reach a lot of monsters to kill (compared to other builds).

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
OP
Yeah I read that last night and it's true, but tbh my maxed out bowazon clears CS and WSK faster than my bliz sorc even with
Teleport
. Getting my sunder charm moved over might help that, but for now this is an interesting challenge.

OP
So I was leveling a new bowazon for season 4 and all the items I was finding just happened to make me a MF bowazon. So I thought I would get back to theory crafting. I finally finished making my Mist and I set to work making my character in maxroll so I could easily make changes on the fly. All of these characters are using Hustle on swap to pre-buff with
Burst of Speed
and Hustle armor for the faster run walk. You are probably better off running Treachery for the resists and Venom, but I like to run fast. Faster running means faster clear speeds right :p. I also need to respec this character, it's just where she's ended up from leveling.

Current bowazon:
not max breakpoint, 8 frames
174% MF
Guided Arrow
: 907-4042
Strafe
: 973-4348
Multiple Shot
: 502-2199

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/x20106x9

A budget version using
Windforce
instead of Mist
reached max breakpoint, 7 frames
190% MF
Guided Arrow
: 355-3444
Strafe
: 381-3715
Multiple Shot
: 213-2028

https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/cn0206yi

175-200%MF isn't great, but at least I get to MF with a character I actually like to play. I'm so sick of MFing with a sorc.

Dependind on you gear, you could always socket your bow, armor and helmet with some
Ist
runes for that extra kick in MF. Its not a bad deal IMO.
OP
So, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. It is time for the reveal. I'll start with the original damage stats for my bowazon.

I was running the standard Faith bowazon and I was doing pretty good with that.
I ended up with a 13
Fanaticism
, 1 skill Faith. Enough to get me to max break point. I also had a 45IAS/101%ED
Tiara
that rolled with 5% mana steal. I managed to roll a 18
Concentration
aura Pride for my merc. With my 6 +10/+AR grand charms and 7 damage/AR small charms and standard gear I was getting fairly okay damage.

(Level 29)
Guided Arrow
: 1897-8735
(Level 29)
Strafe
: 1905-8772
(Level 29)
Multiple Shot
: 1300-5945
(Level 10)
Magic Arrow
: 1545-6958

My quest, to turn this into a MF character while keeping the damage. I had done testing when I was around level 80 with
Windforce
and found the damage less than Faith so I ditched it. Then I tried it on my ladder bowa and it was sadly the same as my Mist, so I got one to test with my current build. I was shocked.

Windforce
:
(Level 25)
Guided Arrow
: 1098-11K
(Level 25)
Strafe
: 1108-12K
(Level 25)
Multiple Shot
: 750-7770
(Level 6)
Magic Arrow
: 876-8864

With this in mind I set out to make a MF
Windforce
bowazon. My first thought was of course, Enigma. So I set out to get one. Then after getting my
Ber
I remembered
Skullder's Ire
. In for a penny in for a pound I thought and continue to grind for
Jah
. So I'll show numbers for both. I took all the MF small charms off my sorc and began to build.

Gear:
Stealskull
with
Perfect Topaz
(66MF)
Enigma (92MF)
Goldwrap
(classic 30MF)
2 29MF
Nagelring

45 MF
War Traveler

Only a 33MF
Gheed's Fortune
(need to upgrade)
16/15 zon
Hellfire Torch

20/19/10
Annihilus
(thanks Heidi for all the
Diablo Clone
runs!)
And a
Windforce
with +1-40 lightning because in my haste after making Enigma I forgot that
Perfect Topaz
's don't give MF in weapons. Another
Ist
coming soon to add 30 MF

With all my various MF small charms I'm sitting at 462%MF, (add in the
Ist
and you get 492%). I kept 6 +3/+AR small charms because I didn't have enough mf small charms.

The trick to making this viable to play is Hustle and a Pride+might merc. With the
Burst of Speed
and
Windforce
I need to get to 72 IAS to reach 8 frames. Unfortunately I cannot get this to 7 frames without
Fanaticism
. I'm using
Highlord's Wrath
(+20IAS),
Stealskull
(+10IAS),
Laying of Hands
(+20IAS), and
Goldwrap
(+10IAS) and 20IAS on
Windforce
, getting me to 80.

Enigma:
MF 492 plus
Teleport

(Level 27)
Guided Arrow
: 758-8103
(Level 27)
Strafe
: 765-8176
(Level 27)
Multiple Shot
: 500-5303
(Level 8)
Magic Arrow
: 555-5718

Skullder's Ire
:
539MF, no
Teleport

(Level 26)
Guided Arrow
: 755-8063
(Level 26)
Strafe
: 762-8148
(Level 26)
Multiple Shot
: 500-5303
(Level 7)
Magic Arrow
: 554-5717

This character will likely not clear players 5 and up. But I play solo so that doesn't bother me. I will do a video this week showing the clear speed, but this character should still rock, seeing as the damage is only about 600ish less than what I was using before.

GL guys, I hope to hear from you bowas out there what you're thoughts are. This has been a long time in the making for me but it's been fun.

mhlg 893

Americas PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 10 months ago
GL guys, I hope to hear from you bowas out there what you're thoughts are. This has been a long time in the making for me but it's been fun.

Level 29)
Guided Arrow
: 1897-8735
(Level 29)
Strafe
: 1905-8772
(Level 29)
Multiple Shot
: 1300-5945
(Level 10)
Magic Arrow
: 1545-6958
How much of that damage is a result of damage charms such as poison? They're okay to use but they're often slow to take effect. The damage listed in your stats don't always translate to fast kill.
Bone Break
works great with physical immunity but if you use
Atma's Scarab
with it the combo is deadly.
Bone Break
works only on physical immunity but amplified damage when it procs takes down almost everything instantly including physical immunity, especially with
Bone Break
. Even TZ Diablo drops quickly. I have three different bowazon builds, both with
Strafe
as the mainskill and
Multiple Shot
as a side skill for crowded fields such as Cows. One with Mist and
Windforce
and another with Faith and
Windforce
Windforce
always registers higher damage but Faith is a faster kill and it quickly procs amplified damage.
Windforce
will also proc amplify but my observations have me convinced me that knockback interferes with it.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
I've used Atmas before and it is really good, but it only triggers from the middle 2
Arrows
in multi, and I'll discuss that in a second. But I need the IAS from highlords.

The only damage from charms that I have is +50 poison over 6 seconds. Which I use as my PMH. I use
Magic Arrow
as my physical immue killer, which is why I listed it in my damages. I just did a CS run and I ran into 1 physical immune and he died in about 5 seconds.

Strafe
vs multi is the age old argument. What I use depends on the area and enemies I'm against. If I'm in a wide open area, I use multi. Closed in corridors,
Strafe
. And as soon as there are skeletons it's
Strafe
. I'll do some test in my video later this week.

mhlg 893

Americas PC
davme_mcreg wrote: 10 months ago
I've used Atmas before and it is really good, but it only triggers from the middle 2
Arrows
in multi, and I'll discuss that in a second. But I need the IAS from highlords.

The only damage from charms that I have is +50 poison over 6 seconds. Which I use as my PMH. I use
Magic Arrow
as my physical immue killer, which is why I listed it in my damages. I just did a CS run and I ran into 1 physical immune and he died in about 5 seconds.

Strafe
vs multi is the age old argument. What I use depends on the area and enemies I'm against. If I'm in a wide open area, I use multi. Closed in corridors,
Strafe
. And as soon as there are skeletons it's
Strafe
. I'll do some test in my video later this week.
That's the thing. I have maxed
Strafe
, multi, and guided because they're synergies but it lets me choose whichever is appropriate at the time. I also use
Magic Arrow
because it's faster at taking down Stone skin physical immunity. With
Strafe
and a Faith I only need 18 IAS to hit breakpoints. With
Strafe
ampliy goes off almost constantly and it immediately clears a field. I made this video in Hell level
Halls of Vaught
and almost everything in it is physically immune. In this situation multi would be ineffective while
Strafe
knocks them down. I also have magic on my right mouse button. In Cows it would be
Strafe
and multi on my right mouse button.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
OP
I'll throw in some runs with atmas Faith and
Strafe
. I think I still have one

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...