Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   4147 views

Description

I want to throw out some comparisons for the ideal RW armor for a physical bowazon here.

Right now, for my 86
Strafe
/multi/guided bowazon, I run Duress and Lionheart, switching between the two depending on the mob composition I face. I'm saving up for a
Lo
rune to make Fort, but until then, these other RWs seem to be a decent "poor man's" stand-in.

So the way I see it, Lionheart is the ultimate budget version of Fortitude, it doesn't even need anything close to any HRs,
Fal
being the highest rune it needs. Lionheart is also very safe, it gives a flat 20% ED and 30 to all RES. I personally also like to make use of it's -15 req and put it into a higher defense armor that normally requires higher STR, in line with my build (134 STR to use WF).

Duress, on the other hand, is ultimately better than Lionheart, but at a gamble imo. It can roll anywhere betweem 10 to 20% ED, and imo, if a Duress has at least 15% ED, then it already blows Lionheart out of the water. Even so, a low roll Duress is still formidable, and I still use it esp. when I go up against annoying phys. immune mobs. A perfect rolled Duress is, imo, Very competitive against Fort, especially given it's price of not needing an HR.

Ofc, if one can afford or has a Fort, then these other two options are just budget stand-ins, but until one can achieve it, Lion and Duress are great to have before upgrading to Fort.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I want to throw out some comparisons for the ideal RW armor for a physical bowazon here.

Right now, for my 86
Strafe
/multi/guided bowazon, I run Duress and Lionheart, switching between the two depending on the mob composition I face. I'm saving up for a
Lo
rune to make Fort, but until then, these other RWs seem to be a decent "poor man's" stand-in.

So the way I see it, Lionheart is the ultimate budget version of Fortitude, it doesn't even need anything close to any HRs,
Fal
being the highest rune it needs. Lionheart is also very safe, it gives a flat 20% ED and 30 to all RES. I personally also like to make use of it's -15 req and put it into a higher defense armor that normally requires higher STR, in line with my build (134 STR to use WF).

Duress, on the other hand, is ultimately better than Lionheart, but at a gamble imo. It can roll anywhere betweem 10 to 20% ED, and imo, if a Duress has at least 15% ED, then it already blows Lionheart out of the water. Even so, a low roll Duress is still formidable, and I still use it esp. when I go up against annoying phys. immune mobs. A perfect rolled Duress is, imo, Very competitive against Fort, especially given it's price of not needing an HR.

Ofc, if one can afford or has a Fort, then these other two options are just budget stand-ins, but until one can achieve it, Lion and Duress are great to have before upgrading to Fort.

Thoughts? Opinions?
If you ever get a
Lo
, Fortitude is a very good option. Even at the lowest rolls (life, res) it gives a ton of life and a ton of resistances, with the additional
Chilling Armor
which essentially doubles your defense. Good for mercs too.

Oh yes, and the 300% enhanced damage, that...

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation