Finally found a
Jah
(
Travincal
Council) after finding 3
Ber
a month ago during a 2 week span (
Halls of Vaught
, Durance of Hate Council and Mephistos chest). (Online solo - The highest tune that I’ve found in a public game was
Pul
)

With Enigma, My plan is to now make a hammerdin that I will respec to a smiter once I complete hell. The smiter for torch running. Future plan to make a summoning necro.

My blizzard sorceress wears a superior
Archon Plate
COH. The repair cost does not bother me as I have a lot of gold and a ton of
Ral

I have a superior 3 socket
Archon Plate
14/15, but would consider exploring other options.

What base do you recommend for Enigma based on this info?

Thank you in advance! I appreciate it!
Description by Buckland

Can be used to make Runewords:

Yep this thread again.

Finally found a
Jah
(
Travincal
Council) after finding 3
Ber
a month ago during a 2 week span (
Halls of Vaught
, Durance of Hate Council and Mephistos chest). (Online solo - The highest tune that I’ve found in a public game was
Pul
)

With Enigma, My plan is to now make a hammerdin that I will respec to a smiter once I complete hell. The smiter for torch running. Future plan to make a summoning necro.

My blizzard sorceress wears a superior
Archon Plate
COH. The repair cost does not bother me as I have a lot of gold and a ton of
Ral

I have a superior 3 socket
Archon Plate
14/15, but would consider exploring other options.

What base do you recommend for Enigma based on this info?

Thank you in advance! I appreciate it!
Answeredby Queegon2 years agoGo to post
There are two variables to this answer, three, if you care.

1) Does your char get any benefit from higher strength outside of gear req (ie. you are a melee char)? If the answer is no, look for mage plate.
2) Can your character get any use from the extra defense? (Chilling Armor, Shout, Holy Shield) If the answer is no, go with mage plate
3) Do you care about the looks of your char (and possibly resale value tied to it to a degree)? Don't go with Dusk Shroud or Cuirass (for barbarian). Resale value is best kept on Archon Plate.

If you answer No to 1) and Yes to 2), IMO, go with mage plate anyway. The reason being you'll need exactly zero points in strength because you can get up to 40 with annihilus + hellfire torch to hit 55 str-req with any char.

P.S.
4) Do you care about gold spent? Go with non-superior base for repair values at <1k per durability. Go with superior mage plate for 7-8k. Go with superior archon plate for 20k+ per.

PC, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation
Lots of people use
Mage Plate
for low strength req but I always use Archon cause it is light ( doesn't take a huge amount of str ) but looks like heavy armor ( Sacred, Hellfore plate, etc ) You ever see
Dusk Shroud
on a necro ? Yeah you'll run as far as you can from that hobo vest and well... That's an
Archon Plate
. Lol, it's funny how back in the day people thought 103 str was too much so Dusk Shrouds and mage plates became more sought after. Now 156 is pretty much a guarantee, I think I seen one sorc with a
Lidless Wall
cause they didn't want all that strength. But as it always comes down to is personal preference on how it looks. Here is a link show casing all the armor types on all classes, hope it helps picking a base.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/commen ... nce_guide/

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

1) Does your char get any benefit from higher strength outside of gear req (ie. you are a melee char)? If the answer is no, look for
Mage Plate
2) Can your character get any use from the extra defense? (
Chilling Armor
Shout
Holy Shield
) If the answer is no, go with
Mage Plate

3) Do you care about the looks of your char (and possibly resale value tied to it to a degree)? Don't go with
Dusk Shroud
or
Cuirass
(for barbarian). Resale value is best kept on
Archon Plate

If you answer No to 1) and Yes to 2), IMO, go with
Mage Plate
anyway. The reason being you'll need exactly zero points in strength because you can get up to 40 with
Annihilus
+
Hellfire Torch
to hit 55 str-req with any char.

P.S.
4) Do you care about gold spent? Go with non-superior base for repair values at <1k per durability. Go with superior
Mage Plate
for 7-8k. Go with superior
Archon Plate
for 20k+ per.
This post was marked as the best answer.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
It's all about the fashion. Ever play Dark Souls ? You know the dude in full heavy clad armor is a rookie. The naked dude with just a bag on his head... Run he's gonna pk you so hard. Lol. Fashion Souls logic

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC

Queegon wrote: 2 years ago

1) Does your char get any benefit from higher strength outside of gear req (ie. you are a melee char)? If the answer is no, look for
Mage Plate
Chilling Armor
Shout
Holy Shield
Mage Plate

3) Do you care about the looks of your char (and possibly resale value tied to it to a degree)? Don't go with
Dusk Shroud
or
Cuirass
Archon Plate

Mage Plate
anyway. The reason being you'll need exactly zero points in strength because you can get up to 40 with
Annihilus
+
Hellfire Torch

P.S.
4) Do you care about gold spent? Go with non-superior base for repair values at <1k per durability. Go with superior
Mage Plate
Archon Plate
for 20k+ per.
5) Do you care about resale value? MP Enigma's are like Toyota Corolla's, they've got good resale value.
annoynimous wrote: 2 years ago
Queegon wrote: 2 years ago

Mage Plate
Chilling Armor
Shout
Holy Shield
Mage Plate

Dusk Shroud
or
Cuirass
Archon Plate

Mage Plate
Annihilus
+
Hellfire Torch

P.S.
Mage Plate
Archon Plate
for 20k+ per.
5) Do you care about resale value? MP Enigma's are like Toyota Corolla's, they've got good resale value.
I like to think of my Enigma like an Oldsmobile
Cutlass
I'll still be rock it at 90, see my kids' kids in it.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Additional question : if you plan to make only one "shared" Engima for all your chars, wonder if you need to lend it to another one what you'll do with your current guy as for STR, armor, etc. (will probably put a
Fal
Rune in my Vipermagi just to make up for the loss strength in case my Enigma is passed somewhere else... when I get an Enigma in 2 years from now. :))

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Thank you for all the thoughtful and funny comments! I appreciate it!

PC, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation
10-15 ed
Mage Plate
and you will put 0 points to str. And
Larzuk
will guarantee 3 sockets

Always have
Key of Destruction

Will run your ubers for 1
Key
tip!
Who are all these builds that don't use any strength all of a sudden. Maybe im just stuck on my javazon and sorc...

It's like the
Mage Plate
thing hit and everybody just ran with it.

Reminds me of the jnco jeans in the 90's.
Mage Plate
requires 55 str. Most characters with a decent torch/anni can get all the str reqs they need without putting any points into str.

Always have
Key of Destruction

Will run your ubers for 1
Key
tip!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...