Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
26 replies   2522 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
On said 115 res immune mob, Infinity would drop it to 98% resistant, breaking the immunity.
Do you know how does it work on pvp? I guess it works same, but what about break points?

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
The Flash wrote: 2 years ago
There was a bug upon release where
Cold Mastery
was breaking immunities but even that was taken out again as well.
speaking of
Cold Mastery
. If I dont have Infinity on my merc (he has Insight) then this only increases dmg vs not cold immunes. Well that sux. My sorc is lvl88, so not all maxed. I maxed
Cold Mastery
, and now with my next skill point it goes to synergies. Got damn it. This is so frustrating how it works if u dont trully understand it.

Thx again for explaining. I understand it now.
Just because it doesn't take out immunities doesn't mean you should underestimate it. If you get -100 from
Cold Mastery
(not counting any -res you may have on gear), your damage against non-resistant/immune mobs is flat out doubled. That's nothing to be unhappy with for a few skill points invested. :)
On resistant mobs (say 50%),
Cold Mastery
can take their res from 50 to -100 quite easily with realistic skill level. In that case, it not just doubles the damage you do but it actually quadruples it.

Cold Mastery
starts out great and then just becomes even better with mobs that have cold resist.
Up until you hit immunities. Those just suck for cold...
Not just because
Cold Mastery
can't break them but also because cold immune's actual resistances are (on average) significantly higher than light or fire. Due to that, most of them simply can't be broken with Infinity or even with a fully skilled lower res nec. In fact, even a full conv pally (which is the single highest -res you can get) still finds tons of cold immunes that he can't break.
Only if you combine both, a pally and a necro (so conv and lower res) can you finally break most cold immunities. But even then, you can only break about 75% of the cold immunes out there (educated estimate, can't remember the exact ratio atm).

Personally, I always keep my
Cold Mastery
+ facets combined at -195 res on a cold sorc.
Well, -200 actually atm but that's only because my current build has 1 skill point to waste. -195 is the highest that will ever make a difference in PvE. Anything beyond that will only ever become useful against high res targets in PvP.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
On said 115 res immune mob, Infinity would drop it to 98% resistant, breaking the immunity.
Do you know how does it work on pvp? I guess it works same, but what about break points?
It generally works the same way in pvp in that you can't take players below -100 res either. Your -res stacks with difficulty. So if you're in a hell game, players get the usual -100 hell penalty and your -res would be added on top of that.

Since player resistances are capped below 100, a player cannot technically become immune to an element. Ever. Because of that, you don't need to worry about breakpoints or breaking immunities in that case.

Note the "technically". A player can of course stack enough resistances, combined with elemental absorb to effectively become immune against (or even get healed by) a specific element or even multiple ones at the same time. However, that is not a technical immunity and cannot just be broken. That could only be countered by your -res and damage outperforming the target's +res to the point where the target's absorb can't keep up anymore.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
That could only be countered by your -res and damage outperforming the target's +res to the point where the target's absorb can't keep up anymore.
i did some fun PvP with friend, we both javas both on same gear, his were just few % higher.

My java has 1500hp, 50%light res. My
Charged Strike
is 1-6230. My friend has slightly more of everything because of his perfect roll in all the gear.

We tried to do one
Charge
strike hit against each other (we did more hits vs full health). and I havent died.

If I do simple math. Then he would need to do 2500dmg to kill me? (my res 50% -20% on his griffon) and him being at 1-6k it is even below average dmg.

Why I havent died? I lost like 700hp. Is dmg reduced somehow too? But his merc was hitting me very heavy so did mine.

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
That could only be countered by your -res and damage outperforming the target's +res to the point where the target's absorb can't keep up anymore.
i did some fun PvP with friend, we both javas both on same gear, his were just few % higher.

My java has 1500hp, 50%light res. My
Charged Strike
is 1-6230. My friend has slightly more of everything because of his perfect roll in all the gear.

We tried to do one
Charge
strike hit against each other (we did more hits vs full health). and I havent died.

If I do simple math. Then he would need to do 2500dmg to kill me? (my res 50% -20% on his griffon) and him being at 1-6k it is even below average dmg.

Why I havent died? I lost like 700hp. Is dmg reduced somehow too? But his merc was hitting me very heavy so did mine.
All damage you do against other players is reduced by a factor of 6. So his 1-6k
Charged Strike
actually becomes 1-1k in PvP.

Merc damage against players is also reduced but only by a factor of..errm..2 I believe it was.

___
All damage you do against other players is reduced by a factor of 6. So his 1-6k
Charged Strike

Merc damage against players is also reduced but only by a factor of..errm..2 I believe it was.
thanks a lot man. I wasnt expecting perfect answer like yours were :) you are kinda rare in the internet ;)

if will ever buy anything from you. I will throw something extra or discount depends on who will be buying ;)

free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef

Schnorki 3327Moderator

PC
Charged Strike

thanks a lot man. I wasnt expecting perfect answer like yours were :) you are kinda rare in the internet ;)

if will ever buy anything from you. I will throw something extra or discount depends on who will be buying ;)
All good. No discounts needed.

Coincidentally though, I did just add you for your essence offer. :D

___

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...