Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
72 replies   30860 views

D2R - PC Patch Notes 2.3 [Hotbar, Vipers dmg, IAS frames, Minion pathing, Fire Wall nerf]

No data yet

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Illdaren wrote: 2 years ago
I feel that the action bar outweighs all of these downsides - MASSIVELY
Don't you start talking sense to me you son of a bitch
It's alright; we all need some good hearty nerdrage now and again, and this is definitely a nice big heaping dose of it.
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
Sorry for all you hurt by the fixes, but as a summon necro main currently... This patch is like a Dream come true! It feels soooo much better to not have to constantly be resummoning your skeles because they bugged out & didn't tele to you before being deleted by the game, & add the better pathing on top of the shorter range before they tele & they they just flow a lot better without getting stuck on each other or objects all the time unable to reach the enemies to attack them.

I am a very happy necro right now! :D
Wait, didn't the skeletons always were permanent summons (never despawned)?

I am absolutely curious about Revives. They used to despawn very easily if you got too far ahead. Did they actually fixed it? My main is a summon necro so if that is the case then i'll be so fucking happy.

And what about
Iron Golem
despawn??

Can anyone confirm on those subjects?

EnragedN3wb 179Moderator

PC
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
Sorry for all you hurt by the fixes, but as a summon necro main currently... This patch is like a Dream come true! It feels soooo much better to not have to constantly be resummoning your skeles because they bugged out & didn't tele to you before being deleted by the game, & add the better pathing on top of the shorter range before they tele & they they just flow a lot better without getting stuck on each other or objects all the time unable to reach the enemies to attack them.

I am a very happy necro right now! :D
Wait, didn't the skeletons always were permanent summons (never despawned)?

I am absolutely curious about Revives. They used to despawn very easily if you got too far ahead. Did they actually fixed it? My main is a summon necro so if that is the case then i'll be so fucking happy.

And what about
Iron Golem
despawn??

Can anyone confirm on those subjects?
Skeles were always supposed to be permanent, but they would randomly despawn when they got too far away instead of teleing like they're supposed to. It was most noticable with mages, but normal skeles would also rarely end up too far & despawn. Some people blamed it on them dying off screen, but you could full clear an area, start running across it, & by the time you hit the other side you would lose 2-6 skeles easily. Now they made them tele sooner, so they don't get as far away anymore & no chance of despawn. :)

It should also effect Golems & Revives(they had the same issue, randomly end up too far away & despawn instead of teleing), & it seems to even effect sin's traps, though I'm betting that's unintentional lol)

Edit: Revives would still despawn after their time limit though, as usual to be clear.

Edit2: I just actually respecced back into pure summon now & Revives do indeed seem to be sticking around for their full duration a lot better now! Yay! :D

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I wonder if I can play single player without updating. I just started modding my offline game files to have fun in offline land with a sorc talent tree that included
Burst of Speed
Zeal
, and
Fanaticism

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Looks like I can play offline without updating! I'm gonna stay in uncapped-ias-land for a while in my modded offline game.

OP

BillyMaysed 2170Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
Looks like I can play offline without updating! I'm gonna stay in uncapped-ias-land for a while in my modded offline game.
son of a.....

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
This makes me sad though. I want to play melee and slow attack speed feels bad. I wish they left it uncapped.

I'm going to try and keep my game un-updated for as long as I can and stay offline from here on out I think.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Someone might make a 'Resurrected Classic' private server if they don't fix it @Beardozer.

Resurrected: Melee

EnragedN3wb 179Moderator

PC
This makes me sad though. I want to play melee and slow attack speed feels bad. I wish they left it uncapped.

I'm going to try and keep my game un-updated for as long as I can and stay offline from here on out I think.
Make a backup copy of your game folder & then if it forces an update at some point you can at least try to roll back. :)
Yep back to blizz and using static + letting Emilio do his thing.
I feel that the action bar outweighs all of these downsides - MASSIVELY. It makes the game feel fresh even if it is suddenly a lot harder to kill things. Plus, as above, fixing entire classes that were broken is kind of a plus.

I think I'll go back to Meteorb, or maybe Blizzball... I've gotta have the dual elements thing. Maybe it's time to experiment with Blizzard-
Hydra
...?
The action bar is nice but they also retroactively nerfed my control scheme. I've had mousewheel up and mousewheel down bound to individual skills for years and years playing Diablo 2.

For some reason in this patch they removed it? You get a 'cannot assign to mousewheel' message when you try to do so now, but it was just fine before the patch.

Blah. Completely ruins my control scheme. I've been trying to setup an autohotkey script or something that lets me substitute mousewheelup and mousewheel down for button mappings, but it hasn't worked so far.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly through Battle.net if you're interested in one of my items, especially if I don't respond immediately to a thread I've posted.
sako1031 wrote: 2 years ago
Fixed an issue where Tomb Vipers’ Poison Cloud attack was improperly dealing physical damage.; the poison clouds now deal proper poison damage.

I'm happy =]
More thought after some game, IAS fix is not very kind to melee. My
Werewolf
Barb only got half the fun now.
Quickcast and skill bar is GREAT seem like Sorc is alway he Blizz loved one LOL
And Nvdia DLSS finally done, SO my GPU could rest at 60-65c now =] save a lifespan

Take Offer in Rune/P.Gem/UberKey/Mix of LowRune
=Check out my active trades=

Edit2: I just actually respecced back into pure summon now & Revives do indeed seem to be sticking around for their full duration a lot better now! Yay! :D
FINALLY I WILL BE ROLLING MY 512098 MINIONS ARMY

No Captain! The engines...she cannot handle it!
Damnit Blizz4rd. Why fix something that wasn't a problem to begin with (IAS 'bug')? You just made the game waaaaay less fun.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Someone might make a 'Resurrected Classic' private server if they don't fix it @Beardozer.

I really hope so, or at least hope Blizzard open up online mods again. I'm really missing stuff that Project D2 had, like splash damage on all melee weapons. D2R doesn't support online mods, so at the moment things like PD2:R can't happen.

I just wanna mod my game and play my modded D2 with my buddies. Mainline official D2 gets stale after a while.

SpaghettiTornado wrote: 2 years ago
Yep back to blizz and using static + letting Emilio do his thing.
I feel that the action bar outweighs all of these downsides - MASSIVELY. It makes the game feel fresh even if it is suddenly a lot harder to kill things. Plus, as above, fixing entire classes that were broken is kind of a plus.

I think I'll go back to Meteorb, or maybe Blizzball... I've gotta have the dual elements thing. Maybe it's time to experiment with Blizzard-
Hydra
...?
The action bar is nice but they also retroactively nerfed my control scheme. I've had mousewheel up and mousewheel down bound to individual skills for years and years playing Diablo 2.

For some reason in this patch they removed it? You get a 'cannot assign to mousewheel' message when you try to do so now, but it was just fine before the patch.

Blah. Completely ruins my control scheme. I've been trying to setup an autohotkey script or something that lets me substitute mousewheelup and mousewheel down for button mappings, but it hasn't worked so far.
I'm not sure, but I think you can use razer synapse to reassign the mouse wheel to another kind of input. I know you can assign pretty much everything else - before this patch, I had a comprehensive suite of macros that effectively mimicked the action bar, and that included using the mousewheel click as an action. Might only work with Razer mice, though, which would be a bit of a drawback.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

I really hope so, or at least hope Blizzard open up online mods again. I'm really missing stuff that Project D2 had, like splash damage on all melee weapons. D2R doesn't support online mods, so at the moment things like PD2:R can't happen.

I just wanna mod my game and play my modded D2 with my buddies. Mainline official D2 gets stale after a while.
Reminds me of PoE. I was hoping D2R would follow more in it's footsteps in some areas, but looks like that won't be the case. I just hate how alternative builds were rising up and now they are nerfed, such as firewall and builds using the now fixed IAS breakpoints. It's tiresome to see all Pallys, Sorcs, and Necros being meta all the time.
I am not amused with new hotkeys. I wish I could set some of them just to switch the skill (the ones that require aiming), and some of them as hotkeys (buffs, novae - those without aiming). I'll stick to the old behavior.
Blizzard wrote:
Fixed an issue where Tomb Vipers’ Poison Cloud attack was improperly dealing physical damage.; the poison clouds now deal proper poison damage
Hell, finally, after so many years! Now bring back my dead HC characters. -.-
Sleepr wrote: 2 years ago

No Captain! The engines...she cannot handle it!
THE LAG-O-MANCER IS BACK IN BUSINESS
SpaghettiTornado wrote: 2 years ago

You could always use AutoHotKey as a last resort. As long as you only map one keystroke (or wheel turn) to exactly one other output it is not recognized by any anti-cheat. Just don't start programming some fanxy-ass macros with 20 buttons pressed in a fraction of a second :-D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation