Hydra
's for guaranteed
Sacred Targe
from item rack.
Reddit post
HungryColquhoun wrote:
So in the video above, 6 hydras by the weapon rack gives a guaranteed
Sacred Targe
from the armor rack. Spawning hydras near the armor rack instead gives a different consistent drop with no enemies (6 was an
Aegis
) – and then different numbers of hydras in each location also give a different number of drops.

If you fish for a map like the above, with racks close to the entrance (which tends to lead to fewer enemy group spawns) or where empirically enemies don’t spawn often, then you can get a huge amount of variation on different drops – leading to a high amount of consistency in obtaining some great bases. With the
Mausoleum
being area level 85, any ilvl 84 or lower can drop – we’re talking things like Archon Plates, Zakarum Shields and Matriarchal Pikes (much nicer, considering the 2.4 Amazon buffs).

You could even consider target farming – I’ve had a Laquered Plate drop here and a
Troll Belt
as well, and chances of set items from what I can find online are 1 in 125 odds from a rack (this may have been patched to worse odds, but even so you’re probably looking at much, much better odds than Pindle farming for a few of these).

I thought I would spotlight this anyway, I think it’s a utility build any semi-serious single player should have. I’ve made this build solely for racking, after having good maps on other utility Sorc builds I have that I don’t want to give up.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Deleted User 632 0

Interesting reddit post by HungryColquhoun about how you can use
Hydra
's for guaranteed
Sacred Targe
from item rack.
Reddit post
HungryColquhoun wrote:
So in the video above, 6 hydras by the weapon rack gives a guaranteed
Sacred Targe
from the armor rack. Spawning hydras near the armor rack instead gives a different consistent drop with no enemies (6 was an
Aegis
) – and then different numbers of hydras in each location also give a different number of drops.

If you fish for a map like the above, with racks close to the entrance (which tends to lead to fewer enemy group spawns) or where empirically enemies don’t spawn often, then you can get a huge amount of variation on different drops – leading to a high amount of consistency in obtaining some great bases. With the
Mausoleum
being area level 85, any ilvl 84 or lower can drop – we’re talking things like Archon Plates, Zakarum Shields and Matriarchal Pikes (much nicer, considering the 2.4 Amazon buffs).

You could even consider target farming – I’ve had a Laquered Plate drop here and a
Troll Belt
as well, and chances of set items from what I can find online are 1 in 125 odds from a rack (this may have been patched to worse odds, but even so you’re probably looking at much, much better odds than Pindle farming for a few of these).

I thought I would spotlight this anyway, I think it’s a utility build any semi-serious single player should have. I’ve made this build solely for racking, after having good maps on other utility Sorc builds I have that I don’t want to give up.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
That singleplayer only.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
SO it is most efficient in single player because you can have static maps and force no enemies to spawn there, and then test the locations.

However, there are ways to remember certain map layouts and still force a certain type of drop from a spot. Not overly useful but REALLY cool if you can do it.

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
xSD wrote: 1 year ago
SO it is most efficient in single player because you can have static maps and force no enemies to spawn there, and then test the locations.

However, there are ways to remember certain map layouts and still force a certain type of drop from a spot. Not overly useful but REALLY cool if you can do it.
Totally useful IF you can actually pull that off reliably online.

Remember those multiple perfect bases?... :P

No idea how many combinations of factors you'd have to remember though. Can't say I ever bothered with that.

Bisu 369

PC
Please feel free to flood the market with
Sacred Targe
, so that we can all get a nice one with ease. Thank you. =)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...