Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   5311 views

Description

Hey y’all! A
Vex
dropped for me last night, and my sorc is still using a Spirit sword... I was waiting for
The Oculus
to drop, but nothing yet. I’m solo offline, so I need to find everything myself.

It’s only the second
Vex
that’s ever dropped for me, so my rate for
Vex
is about 1/month. My sorc is running ~350 Mf, so I know eventually
The Oculus
will drop, probably right after I make a hoto, haha. 20 years ago I remember them dropping like every other mf’ing session.

The only other high runes I have are a
Sur
, an
Ist
and a few mals, then lots of low runes. My only other high rune word is an amazing Exile for my smiter Uber killer (I’m still amazed I found the runes and base in my first few weeks of playing-although now I wish I made a Call To Arms instead) I still want to get an Infinity, Grief, Enigma, cta, you know the usuals, so I’ve still got a long way to go.

So what would everyone recommend? Should I be patient and wait for
The Oculus
to drop and save my
Vex
for other rune words/cubing up or just bite the bullet and make a hoto, knowing I could throw it on another caster if I find a good occy?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Nate 533

Switch
Hey y’all! A
Vex
dropped for me last night, and my sorc is still using a Spirit sword... I was waiting for
The Oculus
to drop, but nothing yet. I’m solo offline, so I need to find everything myself.

It’s only the second
Vex
that’s ever dropped for me, so my rate for
Vex
is about 1/month. My sorc is running ~350 Mf, so I know eventually
The Oculus
will drop, probably right after I make a hoto, haha. 20 years ago I remember them dropping like every other mf’ing session.

The only other high runes I have are a
Sur
, an
Ist
and a few mals, then lots of low runes. My only other high rune word is an amazing Exile for my smiter Uber killer (I’m still amazed I found the runes and base in my first few weeks of playing-although now I wish I made a Call To Arms instead) I still want to get an Infinity, Grief, Enigma, cta, you know the usuals, so I’ve still got a long way to go.

So what would everyone recommend? Should I be patient and wait for
The Oculus
to drop and save my
Vex
for other rune words/cubing up or just bite the bullet and make a hoto, knowing I could throw it on another caster if I find a good occy?
300%MF is plenty. Hoto > Oculus.
300 mf is more then enough imo, go hoto.

───▄▄─▄████▄▐▄▄▄▌
──▐──████▀███▄█▄▌
▐─▌──█▀▌──▐▀▌▀█▀
─▀───▌─▌──▐─▌
─────█─█──▐▌█
OP

Nate 533

Switch
Yea so I did it: made a hoto! It came out with perfect 40 all res too! With the extra fcr I’m now over the 105 breakpoint (wow, teleporting is smooooooth) and with all the extra res I was able to ditch almost all my res charms and stock up with extra mf ones, very cool!

I’ll come back in a week or so and give another update, if I find an occy I might do a compare and contrast. Thanks for the recommendations!
easy call, best SSF use for
Vex
is hoto imo. congrats!

Prefer to deal in runes (
Pul
and above), keys, or perfect amethysts. Feel free to add me on bnet or discord about trades.
If I don't reply with 30 minutes, I'm not at my PC and will do so as soon as I'm back-- but I'm usually much quicker than that.
I too havent found occy offline and managed to get a hoto. I prefer it, as the
Teleport
can get annoying on the occy at times.
Hoto hands down. extra FCR to use MF gear on items you CAN'T swap, like rings etc. and the swap only takes a second. if you prefer having a CTA swap then that's your choice. my personal opinion though is an MF swap before kill.

Online mostly between the hours of 7pm to 12am EST ( US)
I was using an Occy w/
Ist
before I got my HOTO. Now I use the hoto primarily and the occy on swap for boss kills.

Either is a good choice (i've found the tele isn't too annoying once you get used to it), and that's an option if you do eventually find the occy.
I recently switched my occy for HOTO as the teleporting got really annoying, it's a great weapon though. It depends on the rest of your gear, 300% mf is more than enough, I'd be happy with 250mf since the difference between 250 and 300 is VERY small, i think around 16% extra chance to find uniques so I'd go with the hoto to make it easier to reach the 105% fcr break point, being able to
Teleport
around so fast really makes your runs a lot shorter however it is something you could live without.
Hoto for sure, imo. meta for several other builds and i never loved the chance to tele affix.

Just incase u didn't make up your mind, go hoto. I've found like 10 hrs but 0 occys. So I wouldn't wait for it. Also hoto is better anyways and works for other characters.
I hate the Occy. It would be great if it wasn't for the random
Teleport
. I bet the people who put it in there thought it was a great defensive bonus for a sorc.
pyropy wrote: 1 year ago
I hate the Occy. It would be great if it wasn't for the random
Teleport
. I bet the people who put it in there thought it was a great defensive bonus for a sorc.
That random
Teleport
keeps on saving my butt like 95% of the time when i'm teleporting around. randomly
Teleport
into a group of mobs? they hit you and poof! you're no longer in that group of mobs and can keep teleporting to safety.

It can be a bit disorienting, but you get used to it.
Or a random monster hits you and you're teleported into a mob group and die. That seemed to be the more common occurance for me when I used one but I guess it depends on your playstyle. There is a reason why they're cheap to buy in hardcore.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...