Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   13873 views

Description

Travincal
- one of the most iconic places to farm for items in D2. But I have just one question - how do you say
Travincal
?

Personally I’ve said “Trav-in-cal”all these years. Back on original Bnet, people would say “No no, it’s “Tra-vin-cle” or “Tra-vin-chle”.

I know this sounds like a silly thing to ask but it really has bugged me for the better part of 20 years. Does anyone know if there’s an “official” way to say it? If not, how have you all said it?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Travincal
- one of the most iconic places to farm for items in D2. But I have just one question - how do you say
Travincal
?

Personally I’ve said “Trav-in-cal”all these years. Back on original Bnet, people would say “No no, it’s “Tra-vin-cle” or “Tra-vin-chle”.

I know this sounds like a silly thing to ask but it really has bugged me for the better part of 20 years. Does anyone know if there’s an “official” way to say it? If not, how have you all said it?

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
How would a gruff barbarian say it, after thousands of disappointing horking runs? Probably 'trav-in-cle', with Venom and bitterness on his tongue.

Well, there are voice lines in the game referring to it. The correct pronunciation is [TRAH-vinkl].
OP
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
Well, there are voice lines in the game referring to it. The correct pronunciation is [TRAH-vinkl].
Kid me always skipped the voice lines, adult me has them disabled all together in D2R. But, thanks for answering! I don’t know if I can undo 20 years of saying “Trav-in-cal” in my brain but I’ll try haha.

But what if they've been saying it wrong for 20 years too?
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago
Then I've been saying it wrong for 20 years myself. 😱
OP
I’ve considered this as well. Quick, someone call David Brevik. He’ll set the record straight

I feel you mate. I've been saying ''Vizjerei'' wrong for 20 years xD Also note that
Rakanishu
, this annoying lightning jerk was named by one of programmers after he heard David Brevik sneeze. It sounded like ''
Rakanishu
'' to him. Basically many names in D2 got quite funny origin :)
For some reason I always added a 'g' to it, it felt more natural to me (not a native English speaker).

I pronounce it like Trav (from "travel") ing (from "boring") call.

Th3ory 445

Paladin Americas PC
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...