Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   882 views

How many copies of D2 have you bought over the years?

No data yet

Description

Was just thinking about this after I read a comment elsewhere - I'm pretty sure I own 4 copies of D2. Kept losing CD keys, CDs got damaged, etc. How bout you guys?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Was just thinking about this after I read a comment elsewhere - I'm pretty sure I own 4 copies of D2. Kept losing CD keys, CDs got damaged, etc. How bout you guys?

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
I think I've bought around four CD keys. However, I do still own the actual CD's from buying the game originally. Everything else afterwards was just digital purchases.
Too many, I had a habit of throwing away the CD covers, and I of course wasn't clever enough to save the CD
Key

I've come back to D2 maybe like 10 times and enjoyed it every time, so not even bothered with the amount of $$ I spent on the keys :D
Im still convinced the Diablo 2 CD was build to break.
I think my snapped inside my Computer like 4-5 Times, right in the middle.

Playing Diablo with a CD was like playing for a monthly subscription
I believe I've purchased around 10 cd-keys, most were to give away but I was also DClone hunting at one point and had 4 accounts running at the same time. (Obviously on 4 different computers, because I'd never use 3rd party programs that allow me to play the game how it should have been able to be played from the beginning...) :)
I still have my original from the Battle Chest (or whatever it was called, it had Diablo 1, Diablo 2, LoD and a big strategy book).

I also bought many CDKEYS over the years so I could lend them to friends to play with and LAN parties at my house. So maybe 7 or 8 pairs.

And now you can add the 2 Resurrected that I pre-ordered.
I have two copies of classic and lod.

I bought an extra copy so I could have a mule account in my b.net games with my real account for easy mulling.

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
Just 1 actually. Always had my original CD KEYs that came with my original purchases.

Never lost or banned, etc.

Bought 2 for resurrected already though.

Stormlash 343Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Just 1 for me.

Just one and i still got the box!

m00 9

Necromancer Americas PC
I have the paper inserts still with my release day keys for D2 and LoD. I have thrown away the jewel cases, and ripped the discs to ISO at some point. It installed waaaay faster that way.
So only the one set. I think I had to buy StarCraft Broodwar more than once though.
I had two copies of D2+LoD, which came in handy on HC for new chars (enchantress) and muling in general :)

I chose this name, twenty years ago, when the different regions you could play on battle.net were called realms, for an amazon, my first battle.net character. I have only ever used it in Diablo 2, so I guess it is fitting I continue that on here.
Errr.. probably a dozen. Back in the day, I wasn't exactly a boyscout.

35px 77

PC
I'm still rocking my first key :)
I got about 10 copies of d2. Ran bots for awhile got a notepad with over 100 cd keys lol

XBOX: MADDEN CHAMP419
D2LoD@USEast: ToaT & OldSkoolD2Playa
Played, Clan'D &
Ward
USEast
WarCraft II, StarCraft

Waam 32

Americas PC
Easily 6 sets of retail Classic and LoD keys.
Life threw me around a lot so I wound up buying the chest set every few years. 3-5 times. Throw in WC3 here and there to.

gore 21

Amazon Americas PC
Pre-Purchased D2R shortly after it was available, then 2 sets of D2+LoD themselves iirc.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...