Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2392 views

Description

Hi guys,

I guess we are all very excited to play Resurrected like back in the days :D.
Now i was wondering how the magical find % on the items work. I know back in the days u could have like 300% Magical find on the items to get more chance of better loot. Now its long ago and got 2 questions about that beause back in the day people all told different stuff.

1) Can you go higher than 100% magical find on the items or is 240% magical find on the items = 100% and just useless?
2) Is the magical find only for more and better blue items? Cause the magical find is known as the blue items and not the green, brown, yellow,...

Grtz Jochen

Can be used to make Runewords:

Jochends 0

Hi guys,

Now i was wondering how the magical find % on the items work. I know back in the days u could have like 300% Magical find on the items to get more chance of better loot. Now its long ago and got 2 questions about that beause back in the day people all told different stuff.

1) Can you go higher than 100% magical find on the items or is 240% magical find on the items = 100% and just useless?
2) Is the magical find only for more and better blue items? Cause the magical find is known as the blue items and not the green, brown, yellow,...

Grtz Jochen

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Maybe this helps: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Magic_Find

It's very detailed.

I recently confirmed that a high magic find actually increases your Rare and Unique yield, while diminishing your common blue magic item drops. An example of this can be seen by adjusting the following loot simulator:

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2-drop-calculator

A higher magic find % starts to drop down your blue yield, while increasing the yields of the upper fields.

MF 100: MF 200: Another good resource is the following link, which seems to breakdown the mathematical formulas for this.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/197113 ... faqs/55871
Aim for 250-350 and maintain your killing power and speed.
I will say this. I have been playing D2 since 2001. Yes, I have gotten more unique and rare drops with higher MF, but I have always found my best items with 0%-little MF on! :D

Revenant wrote: 2 years ago
Aim for 250-350 and maintain your killing power and speed.
This pretty much. Ideal MF is around those numbers as long as your speed is there. If you can push those numbers even higher without losing speed, then more MF never hurts. MF will only start to hurt you if you
Sacrifice
too much killing speed in favor of more MF. So if you can clear quickly with 600 MF, then roll with 600% MF. If 350% MF slows you down, drop to 250% MF and kill faster. But you always want to try to have at least 100% MF because of the way diminishing returns on MF work, the first 100% is extremely potent. The way I look at it is a non-MF character has 0-150% MF, a MF character has 151-350% MF, and a dedicated MF character will have 351% or more. So you could see like a dedicated pindle runner with 700% or more, but that's losing a lot of killing power in regards to everything OTHER than pindle for example. So the
Key
is just to find a balance for speed and MF and push the MF number as high as you feel comfortable. Knowing that the sweet spot will be around 300% or so.
Ok thanks alot guys!

Deleted User 632 0

On barbarian it's fun to ignore offensive stats and just push your magic find to insane levels. and only have the merc do the killing. then use
Find Item
on the corpses.
Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
On barbarian it's fun to ignore offensive stats and just push your magic find to insane levels. and only have the merc do the killing. then use
Find Item
on the corpses.
I've never had a
Find Item
barb but they always seemed interesting. I remember running cows and hearing those grunts from a MF barb and laughing while items popped out. I'll have to give it a shot when I get some decent MF gear.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Jochends wrote: 2 years ago
Hi guys,

Grtz Jochen
Here is the MF curve for all item types that shows significant diminishing returns after the first 250-300 MF:

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/File:Mag ... eturns.jpg

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...