Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   4096 views

Description

Hello people,

Question, with the option to upgrade sets (here, only
Helm
I believe) + the new popularity to come for Barb and Iron Wolves merc + the upgrade on Sazabi's Grand Tribute (full set) especially, what do you guys think of that precise set as a valid "not too expensive" call for your Barb (not sure for Iron Wolf) merc ?

Thanks for your input !
Cheers.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Necrarch 1779Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hello people,

Question, with the option to upgrade sets (here, only
Helm
I believe) + the new popularity to come for Barb and Iron Wolves merc + the upgrade on Sazabi's Grand Tribute (full set) especially, what do you guys think of that precise set as a valid "not too expensive" call for your Barb (not sure for Iron Wolf) merc ?

Thanks for your input !
Cheers.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
Only ever tried it once for a Trav farmer. Figured if it doesn't shine there (with them all being demons to make full use of the dmg boost), it won't shine anywhere.

Long story short, I ended up severely disappointed. Any low-roll BOTD still blows it out of the water, even with an A5 merc.

For an iron wolf, it shouldn't even be a consideration. They need caster gear, not anything physical. They don't really use their swords for melee purposes.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
OP

Necrarch 1779Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks for the feedback !

Far cheaper, I believe than a BotD ? Before getting to that could it work ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3318Moderator

PC
A low roll botd shouldn't be all too expensive. But if that still is too much, Sazabi's remains held back by the fact that it is merely a mediocre 1-hander. You're better off bridging the gap with a Grandfather,
Doombringer
, upgraded Vile Husk (if you primarily go after unded) or even a Flame Bellow. All cheap af and bound to perform better. Add a Duress and some sort of leech head (
Andariel
, gaze,
Crown
, ..) and you're good for the time being.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.

Asha 360

Sorceress Europe PC
Sazabi set with its miserable physical damage is useless for the cause. The good speed of the sword itself proves better for an elemental zealot, until he obtains more proper gear, and perhaps for some martial assy usin
Tiger Strike
or
Phoenix Strike
plus
Dragon Tail
as main damage source. But that's about it. Still, at least the set is somewhat good-looking on some chars.
DBrunski125 agrees with OP 😂

merc doesn't do any damage but it's good crowd control in
Chaos Sanctuary

--
Available for trading on PC and Switch. Let's deal, my friend.
I set up a sazabi/Lawbringer
Frenzy
merc with my Infinity spearzon and he is an awesome tank for everything but cows. Because
Conviction
lowers enemy defense he is able to get a lot of hits in, allowing him to leech to fill his huge health pool from sazabi and to reliably proc decrep. He's tanked Dclone for me a few times even.
How would this merc do against the council? Was looking at swapping from the act 2 might merc.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...