Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   6493 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

MichaelWolf wrote: 2 years ago
I was wondering whether they have decided to change the stats display on gears. Change of piercing was never shown in existing gears.
Razortail
has this stat but no exact percentage shown.
That would be nice. I’d also love to see the cold duration on all cold damage. Ravenfrost is really high, but a cold facet is really low duration. What about this bow?
Being a bowazon fan, I am very excited about this runeword. IMO, the best combination for the three-sister gears is no longer Faith (for Act 1 Merc) and
Windforce
, but Mist (Act 1 Merc) and Faith.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Very interested to see if there is any application for a ranger paladin with this bow now. The idea of being able to get 4 auras going with 3 being Conc/
Fanaticism
/Might feels like there could be something interesting there.

Durok 11

PC
Mist wont beat Faith

for max frost dmg you would use Ice but the leech is so bad that it isnt fun.

using Faith with might merc + Infinity for a frosty is just all in all better. you can kill any mob in the game, although
Baal
is just awful.

why you guys think that Mist is any good? conc aura is weaker than fana.
might just be a cheaper option but wont be better.

mhlg 776

Americas PC
Less than 24 hours before PTR went offline I managed to acquire a +1 to skills
Grand Matron Bow
, after it's not like I was using my own runes.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Durok wrote: 2 years ago
Mist wont beat Faith

for max frost dmg you would use Ice but the leech is so bad that it isnt fun.

using Faith with might merc + Infinity for a frosty is just all in all better. you can kill any mob in the game, although
Baal
is just awful.

why you guys think that Mist is any good? conc aura is weaker than fana.
might just be a cheaper option but wont be better.
I never saw it as a Faith replacement, I saw it as an A2 merc replacement;
Either you play Faith and give this to an A1 merc, or you play a melee character and want a good aura, from a merc who will keep distance from the enemy.

mhlg 776

Americas PC
I have a Zon with 15 Fana GM bow, and a might merc with 15% life leech reaper, and 10%
Eth
Crown of Thieves
which is in my view more effective than Infinity. I can't remember the last time I had to resurrect him. He alone can take down a herd of cows in Hell level. It was that build I was using as a control to see how well a Mist will do, and it did quite well. I ran the
Halls of Pain
and Worldstone keep with it.

Now consider, what else am I going to do with that 5OS GM Bow, and the
Cham
I've been sitting on? I was thinking it might be good for a freeze arrow zon.

Mist is for 2.4 magezon I think. Cold Fire or Cold Magic (Magic let’s you pump
Valkyrie
or
Penetrate
), plus new one pt wonder
Strafe
2.4. Merc is A2 Might with Reapers Toll, or A1 with Faith.

mhlg 776

Americas PC
I agree, but it's physical damage is also good enough to run act 5 Hell. A Faith (
Jah
-
Ohm
-
Lem
) is difficult to piece together for a lot of people, while the less desirable
Cham
and
Gul
are within reach through trading. On top of that if someone finds a plain GM bow and can get a character to act 5 normal in good time,
Larzuk
and 5 sockets are guaranteed, 4 sockets are harder to find.

Before I found the GM bow I found a +3
Ashwood Bow
, and Larzuked it for 5 sockets. I then started building a
Freezing Arrow
Zon just before PTR went offline for a week. I took a screenshot of it and compared it to Matriarchal Melody. I never liked the Melody, an old Matriarchal Harmony worked better.

I wonder how this would thump with a Fury druid ?
mhlg wrote: 2 years ago
I agree, but it's physical damage is also good enough to run act 5 Hell. A Faith (
Jah
-
Ohm
-
Lem
) is difficult to piece together for a lot of people, while the less desirable
Cham
and
Gul
are within reach through trading. On top of that if someone finds a plain GM bow and can get a character to act 5 normal in good time,
Larzuk
and 5 sockets are guaranteed, 4 sockets are harder to find.

Before I found the GM bow I found a +3
Ashwood Bow
, and Larzuked it for 5 sockets. I then started building a
Freezing Arrow
Zon just before PTR went offline for a week. I took a screenshot of it and compared it to Matriarchal Melody. I never liked the Melody, an old Matriarchal Harmony worked better.

bowcompare.JPG
Oh yeah the phys damage on Mist is stellar. That’s exactly why I want to use it on a magezon since it would be somewhat tanky with high single target phys damage on top of the piercing splash damage of
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
. It will be one of the strongest builds in 2.4 for sure. Frostmaiden (
Freezing Arrow
+
Strafe
) is already very strong, and giving her an equally damaging fire alternative is just game over for literally any mob or non-act boss in the game.

mhlg 776

Americas PC
moonlit wrote: 2 years ago
Oh yeah the phys damage on Mist is stellar. That’s exactly why I want to use it on a magezon since it would be somewhat tanky with high single target phys damage on top of the piercing splash damage of
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
Freezing Arrow
+
Strafe
) is already very strong, and giving her an equally damaging fire alternative is just game over for literally any mob or non-act boss in the game.

There are a number of people who think it's a waste but they haven't tried it. I tested the
Ashwood Bow
in
Halls of Pain
Hell, and survived the entire level. When a might merc,
Concentration
, and a Fortitude are added, even the Ashbow was workable. The GM bow cleaned a room in seconds. I already have a +3 skills GM, a
Cham
, and multiple
Gul
so I'm going for it. A month ago I was trying to figure out what to do with the
Cham
and a 5OS GM, because neither are that desirable, and now I know.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
Freezing Arrow
+
Strafe

There are a number of people who think it's a waste but they haven't tried it. I tested the
Ashwood Bow
in
Halls of Pain
Concentration
, and a Fortitude are added, even the Ashbow was workable. The GM bow cleaned a room in seconds. I already have a +3 skills GM, a
Cham
, and multiple
Gul
Cham
Just keep in mind to not go for it until after the season ends, seeing how the stuff you have ready is non-ladder and won't become a Mist yet right after 2.4. :)
Freezing Arrow
and
Exploding Arrow
Freezing Arrow
+
Strafe

Ashwood Bow
in
Halls of Pain
Concentration
Cham
, and multiple
Gul
Cham
Nice, yeah
Freezing Arrow
is so incredibly strong already that it doesn’t take much for magezon to be very viable. So I don’t need to test to see that a massive dmg buff on
Exploding Arrow
and mana cost buff on both skills will work.

Since D2R launch I’ve nothing but Zon, and every respec has included Freezing Arrow. So various forms of fishyzon, frostmaiden, magezon. I’ve tried every viable bow build, and most viable bow Jav hybrid builds (pre 2.4).

Right now I’m rocking pure frostmaiden (with
Strafe
and high valk) with CtA bow as main and Harmony on switch for run speed and Valk cast. Hitting 8-frame attack with Might Reaper’s Toll merc. Can currently (pre 2.4) clear trav p3 with ease, trav p8 with difficulty. The buffs to
Dodge
/avoid/
Evade
/valk will also be MASSIVE for any type of bowzon. This build will dominate trav in 2.4 with Mist and buffed
Strafe
and buffed passives.

WSK is easy with fishyzon pre 2.4. It will also be easy with magezon with
Exploding Arrow
. Now you can pump dex even without gg charms, cause the passive skills are SOOO much better in 2.4 at keeping you alive.

I’m also considering a FA /
Charged Strike
hybrid in 2.4. Pure CS got a synergy buff (obviously not if you wanted
Lightning Fury
with it). Anything that FA doesn’t kill quickly, CS will. Again, made possible by buffed passives. 75% chance to block AND 50% chance to
Dodge
is just wild.

One thing to keep in mind is FA does require skill to use effectively. You can double and triple your overall damage consistently once you learn a few positioning and speed tricks. Like fire one shot and immediately start running forward. They will get frozen when you’re halfway to your next position, so you can arrive in plenty of time, maybe even reposition one more time, before firing a volley of 3-4 which will kill everything even on p5.

mhlg 776

Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
ust keep in mind to not go for it until after the season ends, seeing how the stuff you have ready is non-ladder and won't become a Mist yet right after 2.4.
No problem there, I'm well aware of the fact that a Mist is not available yet. I can wait.

I have a
Strafe
Zon, but and thus far
Magic Arrow
(lvl 20)is my go to for a hard to kill physical immune. Most guides tell you not to put many points in
Magic Arrow
, but I did it because it reduces Mana needs and increases damage a little (right now around 5000 dps). The rest my Merc can take care of if needed. I also have a maxed Valk that acts as a meat shield.

My first really good bow beyond a Harmony was and is a shaeled
Windforce
. They trade for surprisingly little (
Vex
). I went with it because I couldn't find a 4OS GM. Then I when I found and cubed a 4OS GM bow I still didn't have an
Ohm
to make a Faith. Then I got lucky and found three
Gul
in one week (two in Worldstone Keep act 4. That gave me enough to make another
Vex
, and since I had two, I made an
Ohm
. I added the runes and got lucky again with a perfect 15 Fana Faith, so now the
Windforce
is my backup bow.

I have another Zon
Freezing Arrow
Strafe
build that I'm going to use a Mist for.

mhlg 776

Americas PC
A little aside. In regards to discussing a Faith vs say, a Mist. Before I was able to piece together a Faith GM bow, I was able to trade for a
Windforce
, which are now surprisingly cheap trades.

Like many I've been farming minor keys so that I can challenge
Uber Izual
Duriel
, and
Lilith
. Once I acquired the 3X3 keys needed to open all three portals at once, I kept putting it off, and before long I had 5X5 keys. So I decided that I would use a
Key
and do a trial run to see how it played out.

Izual
was a slow but steady kill, and both my merc and my Valk stood up to him, so I wore him down. Then I figured maybe I should try another
Key
. The second
Key
led me to ubber
Duriel
, and he was more of a challenge. He quickly killed my level 25 Valk, and then took out my merc, so I grabbed a waypoint and resurrected him.

I then returned for another go, but this time I swapped my Faith for a
Windforce
. Immediately the
Windforce
sort of kept
Duriel
semi--stunned, and both my merc and my Valk's life bars were consistently near full and having no issues. To the point. The
Windforce
was clearly a much better, and I mean much, not a little, at taking down ubber
Duriel
than the Faith. The reason is simple. The
Windforce
delivers considerably higher physical damage and that is what was needed at the time.

So now, I'm curious. How much physical damage will a Mist deliver compared to a Faith? I wish I had tried it during PTR.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...