Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   5050 views

Description

lvl87 fishymancer, mainly online solo self-found, still relatively poor, a
Sur
is my most valuable asset so want to put it into good use, and I'm pretty realistic so hold on to an Enigma is out of the question for now, I want to upper my skill points, so I wonder is
Sur
worth a good torch or a perfect mara or something else I can use on my necro immediately, an anni would be nice too but it seems worth a bit more than a
Sur
, or maybe an average anni?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

lvl87 fishymancer, mainly online solo self-found, still relatively poor, a
Sur
is my most valuable asset so want to put it into good use, and I'm pretty realistic so hold on to an Enigma is out of the question for now, I want to upper my skill points, so I wonder is
Sur
worth a good torch or a perfect mara or something else I can use on my necro immediately, an anni would be nice too but it seems worth a bit more than a
Sur
, or maybe an average anni?
Dont trade it for a Mara. A perfect mara if anything is
Ohm
+.

With the current market, you could break your
Sur
into
Lo
+
Vex
+ some Ists, or

Ohm
Vex
+ 2
Gul
+ some Ists.

(perhaps not + Ists, but for sure
Lo
+
Vex
or its breaking down)

Keep in mind that, the way the anni is obtained is going to change, so perhaps you could hold until the end of the ladder season. If not, perhaps an average anni is good.

Well traded, you could gear your necro with a HOTO, a CTA, and a bunch of leftover mid-runes, or a Grief + Hoto.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Oh nice! A
Sur
is probably the third most expensive rune with
Jah
and
Ber
. The items that you'd want are fairly cheap in comparison, judging by recent market data.

A good necro
Hellfire Torch
will be worth much less than the
Sur
rune. They go for
Ist
-
Vex
right now if they're decent. There is a 19/20 Necro
Hellfire Torch
on sale right now for an
Ohm
, which may be a bit overpriced even. You'd want it for the +3 skills anyhow more than anything else.

Mara's Kaleidoscope
is about a
Gul
-
Vex

An
Annihilus
will usually set you back 1-2
Ber
at the moment due to how annoying they are to get. That's probably out of your price range at the moment, although you could get lucky with a trade...
We know it's going to get a bit easier to get them when the ladder patch comes, so if you want to stick it out and wait, that might be a smart idea. Prices will likely drop then.

You do have the option of asking someone to split the
Sur
for you - if you get e.g. a few
Vex
or
Ohm
for it, that might allow you to more easily purchase the high impact items we discussed above, or something else.

Alternatively, consider that a
Sur
is already half a
Ber
- if you keep it and find more stuff that you trade up to another
Sur
, that's a
Ber
right there.
A perfect Necro torch is something between
Vex
+ and
Ohm
, with a little of farming and trading you can easily save for one and keep the
Sur

I'd definitely keep the
Sur
and go for Enigma, you already have half a
Ber
, if you trade it you will be even farther from it.

A
Mara's Kaleidoscope
also gives you +2 skills and goes from
Ist
to like
Ohm
for a perfect one, but you don't need a perfect one if you don't need the resistances.

Enigma is a game changer, even if you do it slowly move towards making one, i think using that
Sur
on anything else is the wrong choice.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
if you are relatively poor with little end game gear I would say break the
Sur
up and buy a variety of gear that will help you. yes Enigma is awesome and what not, but you would get far far more skill points from breaking it up and getting a torch, a maras, some skillers, and even some more stuff. if upping your skills is what youd like to do Enigma wont help much, plus you still need another
Sur
and a
Jah
. and those dont exactly grow on trees.
don't bother with Anni until changes are made to D Clone event.

a N Torch should be affordable with an
Ist
rune, along with all BIS uniques for fishymancer for a proper dress up.

Mara is overrated/overpriced if you don't need +2 Skills, a blue Chromatic amulet can get 30 AR easily.

Summoning Skill grand charms are affordable, and also an average
Marrowwalk
You said you don't want to hold off for an Enigma, but I strongly advise you do so. Being able to reposition your minions for every single pack is the best DPS increase by far for a fishymancer, not to mention travel speed, extra MF and plenty of Strength to free up points for more Vitality.

You can get filled up on summon GCs if you haven't already, along with a
Shako
and leoric's/
Boneflame
or
Homunculus
, but I personally wouldn't (and haven't, at the start a month ago) spend on anything more expensive than that until you have the Enigma.

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
Mara 20 easily goes for an
Ist
+
Um
or
Ist
+
Mal
. Nice, cheap and solid. HotO 30 is 2x
Ist
- so for
Vex
you can afford both. Arach
Belt
is about
Ist
+
Mal
as well... All 3 things are 5x
Ist
- which is 1/3 of your
Sur
, so about 10xIsts remains. It's
Ohm
+
Vex
🙂

Just sayin you can gear up pretty much decent AND also put solid cashback in your pocket - if you find a way to crack it carefully.
Keep it. If you get another, there's your
Ber
I came to say the same keep the
Sur
, i was in the same position as you, but farming
Mephisto
, he drop a
Jah
, i couldn't belive it!, so i sell all that i could and i did get a
Sur
, a very good friend give to me his
Sur
and i get my Enigma, it's awesome, a Summon Necro with Enigma clears hell really easy. Then i farm a lot and sell a ton of items and i help my friend to get his Enigma.

The Summon necro it's a great build, he can clear everything and he doesn't need so much equipment to do that, so you can sell items through this site, buy a cheap Necro torch, use a
Homunculus
, and a Spirit sword, and you can use a najs staff with
Teleport
charges in the meanwhile, for minion positioning
summoning necro don't really need a lot of gears to be effective, even the trang ouls pieces are decent. get a
Arm of King Leoric
too, it's not like sorc or hammerding etc. who benefit from plus skills a lot, necro just need the first corpse and boom boom boom. actually Enigma is a trure game changer for summoning necro, you have to try it to truely understand how awesome a teleporting general with full control of his army is. so I'd suggest hold on to your
Sur
, and you may just get a
Jah
and other
Sur
next week, who knows.
OP
thanks for the advices, for now I lean toward to hold the
Sur
and continue farming until sometime later, I have a
Arm of King Leoric
while I do like the skill boost that bloody
Bone Prison
almost got me killed several times now, luckily I have found an
Naj's Puzzler
so I do have a way to get out of the sticky situation from time to time, but my mf is almost nonexistence that's actually how I got the
Sur
, I decided to run a dedicated 100 run for meph for a
Shako
so my mf can be boosted a little, I got the '
Sur
' on 4th run off a high council down the 3rd level of durance, lol

by the way, my resis is all 75% so nearly perfect at the price of my inventory is littered by trivial charms to make of that, so some good gears that pack a whole lot of resis+ are also useful for me so I can make room for some other really useful charms.
weegee wrote: 2 years ago
Sur
Arm of King Leoric
Bone Prison
Naj's Puzzler
so I do have a way to get out of the sticky situation from time to time, but my mf is almost nonexistence that's actually how I got the
Sur
Shako
Sur

by the way, my resis is all 75% so nearly perfect at the price of my inventory is littered by trivial charms to make of that, so some good gears that pack a whole lot of resis+ are also useful for me so I can make room for some other really useful charms.
the GC with +1summoning skills are very useful too, the most important thing in a summon necro are his +skills, and forgot to mention, 2 really useful runewords for your merc for boost your first minion kill and boss farming are Obedience and Duress , not expensive runewords, but really useful, if you have troubles with your mana, you can use Insight with merc, but you clearing speed would be reduced. when you have a good survival rate, you can make an
Iron Golem
of an Insight (use all the low damage 4 socks polearns that you find), so you don't loose clear speed and you get the regen aura from your golem, because the
Iron Golem
don't die on game exit, it's only dies if an enemy kill him (you can save him with your
Teleport
) or if your character dies.
OP
gordoanorexico wrote: 2 years ago
weegee wrote: 2 years ago
Sur
Arm of King Leoric
Bone Prison
Naj's Puzzler
Sur
Shako
Sur

the GC with +1summoning skills are very useful too, the most important thing in a summon necro are his +skills, and forgot to mention, 2 really useful runewords for your merc for boost your first minion kill and boss farming are Obedience and Duress , not expensive runewords, but really useful, if you have troubles with your mana, you can use Insight with merc, but you clearing speed would be reduced. when you have a good survival rate, you can make an
Iron Golem
of an Insight (use all the low damage 4 socks polearns that you find), so you don't loose clear speed and you get the regen aura from your golem, because the
Iron Golem
don't die on game exit, it's only dies if an enemy kill him (you can save him with your
Teleport
) or if your character dies.
yeah I'm aiming to boost skill points as much as I can afford, my merc is pretty good at boss, hes geared with
Hone Sundan
with 2xshael and
Amn
or something like that and Duress, I'm planning getting a
Guillaume's Face
to boost CB even further, with all that, I'm ok with
Clay Golem
(pretty points put into him) for now until I'm rich enough to be able to afford an
Iron Golem
Hi, I've decided to post my experience since I find it similar to this thread. I'm a poisonmancer with Enigma and basic poison gear (DWeb,
Shako
w/facet
rings are just for resists no SoJs, I have a Mara's, running 3 pc Trang's,Insight golem).

I couldn't believe it and just like any other stupid rare drop I hit 'save and exit' in 10 mins after each of the TWO
Sur
runes that dropped in my gameplay.

Personally I'd like to just merge them and make a Chains of Honor which would get a lot of use( account-wide, can put it on mercs, etc).

My a2 Merc is wearing Gladiator's bane,
Eth
Obedience, and a standard low
Andariel's Visage
that I got for a
Pul
. I'm currently satisfied with his performance especially in farming keys, Chaos, and WSK.

Biggest improvements would be CoH( for my entire account/gameplay), FCR gear(would help my Chaos runs/mobility), Infinity (for the entire account; doesn't directly help poison dmg), or some GG Necro
Circlet
/
Helm

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Asha 344

Sorceress Europe PC
GunBlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Hi, I've decided to post my experience since I find it similar to this thread. I'm a poisonmancer with Enigma and basic poison gear (DWeb,
Shako
w/facet
rings are just for resists no SoJs, I have a Mara's, running 3 pc Trang's,Insight golem).

I couldn't believe it and just like any other stupid rare drop I hit 'save and exit' in 10 mins after each of the TWO
Sur
runes that dropped in my gameplay.

Personally I'd like to just merge them and make a Chains of Honor which would get a lot of use( account-wide, can put it on mercs, etc).

My a2 Merc is wearing Gladiator's bane,
Eth
Obedience, and a standard low
Andariel's Visage
that I got for a
Pul
. I'm currently satisfied with his performance especially in farming keys, Chaos, and WSK.

Biggest improvements would be CoH( for my entire account/gameplay), FCR gear(would help my Chaos runs/mobility), Infinity (for the entire account; doesn't directly help poison dmg), or some GG Necro
Circlet
/
Helm

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
There are people on the market who are willing to split their
Ber
, you know? I mean, instead of cubin your Surs you may consider "O2Sur NBerIst" route, for example. Just don't demand
Ber
+
Vex
or higher in this case.
Trade it to me for the other half of my sandwich and possibly a foot pic.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.
Seems like a bit of an old thread, but I STRONGLY disagree with those who say you should keep your
Sur

Guys, an Enigma costs 4
Sur
. When do you think he will get the other 3 with a poorly equipped character?

Sell your rune, and gear up. It makes your runs faster and more enjoyable. You might even find a few HRs in the process, then you can go get your Enigma.
My general rule was always to break such rune, buy some eq, hunt more runes in the process(loot or trade), then go for expensive stuff. For example I had a lucky shot with my first CTA, got 4-5-3 and sold it for some good runes, broke them and around we go. Somewhere on your way there will be your dreamed Enigma, coh or whatever you wish to complete.
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
Seems like a bit of an old thread, but I STRONGLY disagree with those who say you should keep your
Sur

Guys, an Enigma costs 4
Sur
. When do you think he will get the other 3 with a poorly equipped character?

Sell your rune, and gear up. It makes your runs faster and more enjoyable. You might even find a few HRs in the process, then you can go get your Enigma.
Wait, what? How does an Enigma cost 4
Sur
runes? This is absolutely incorrect :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...