28 replies   1917 views

Description

Description by Krythic

Can be used to make Runewords:

Krythic wrote: 2 years ago
CitationNumber wrote: 2 years ago
I got jack goin on this weekend, yall down to do all the Monsters?
My time is split a few ways. I have two kids to look after, working, and game dev. I'll try to do as many as I can this weekend, so we can knock it out.
Good lord. I have one and its crazy. I think about another... Idk. If its going to happen it has to be in the next two years. No probs mate, no stress needs to be induced. Just poking some thoughts out there!
I very happily got a vasectomy after our second kid. I was done. Greatest decision I've ever made; it's pretty great getting to blow indiscriminately, and not worry about it. 10/10 would recommend.
Lololol! I don't know, the only way I'm goin that route is ball cancer. I've ben getting some suspicion lately to, so I may be in luck. I thought about one, but when the lady's uncle got one and said (at the start I don't know about now) that when he did his stuff he could feel it there like it was being stopped and it was uncomfortable. Ehm, NSFW heads up. I used one of those vibrating rings once and did my business with it on and it was sorta tight and that really kinda hurt like if you were going to pee and were holding it for so long that you bend sideways to force your bladder to hodl.
OP
I got jack goin on this weekend, yall down to do all the Monsters?
My time is split a few ways. I have two kids to look after, working, and game dev. I'll try to do as many as I can this weekend, so we can knock it out.
Good lord. I have one and its crazy. I think about another... Idk. If its going to happen it has to be in the next two years. No probs mate, no stress needs to be induced. Just poking some thoughts out there!
I very happily got a vasectomy after our second kid. I was done. Greatest decision I've ever made; it's pretty great getting to blow indiscriminately, and not worry about it. 10/10 would recommend.
Lololol! I don't know, the only way I'm goin that route is ball cancer. I've ben getting some suspicion lately to, so I may be in luck. I thought about one, but when the lady's uncle got one and said (at the start I don't know about now) that when he did his stuff he could feel it there like it was being stopped and it was uncomfortable. Ehm, NSFW heads up. I used one of those vibrating rings once and did my business with it on and it was sorta tight and that really kinda hurt like if you were going to pee and were holding it for so long that you bend sideways to force your bladder to hodl.
Lmao. That's definitely treading into the tmi neck of the woods. Funny though.
OP
stuff
Just knocked out 10 more unique monsters. So that's 20 in two days. I'll do 10 more tomorrow. I'm going to need more base monster types (and base unique monsters) done before I can do all ten. I think I'm running out of available monsters now.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Perhaps we should prioritise getting the base monster entries finished so that the aux stuff can be added on as and when.

That's what
Stormlash
has done with Skills - all the base entries are done, and he can now add aux data at his leisure.

stuff
Just knocked out 10 more unique monsters. So that's 20 in two days. I'll do 10 more tomorrow. I'm going to need more base monster types (and base unique monsters) done before I can do all ten. I think I'm running out of available monsters now.
I got all day baby lets roll.
Why are we supposed to copy data from another fansite to this fansite? Data there may not be accurate, especially for D2R.
We should either use official site (outdated though) or use data directly from game files.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Trang Oul wrote: 2 years ago
Why are we supposed to copy data from another fansite to this fansite?
You'll find that this only applied to Monsters because I believe it was the most parse-friendly page that Krythic could find - we're already aware of several mistakes on some websites. A lot of the challenge of getting the DB together here has been standardising and correcting wrong information.
We should either use official site (outdated though)
You'd be surprised but even
Arreat Summit
had errors - and big Wikis like diablowiki.net had errors - there's actually a few places where it's been out from what the game files say, which is what we check things against. Including d2io btw, but people here can point out mistakes and they get fixed.
or use data directly from game files.
These were used for a lot of areas of the DB including Skills from 1-60, monster spawn locations, areas, etc taken directly from the 1.14d .txt files. You'll find that the contributors used many different sources to collate the info.

So yeah bottom line Trang is that it's not as simple as that.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
You'd be surprised but even
Arreat Summit
had errors - and big Wikis like diablowiki.net had errors - there's actually a few places where it's been out from what the game files say, which is what we check things against. Including d2io btw, but people here can point out mistakes and they get fixed.
I know...
Arreat Summit
wrote:
A few times the formula has been listed wrong on the following pages, but most (99%) of reported errors are caused by failure to understand the formula. The following formulae on these pages may contain errors, including listing the wrong formulas. Be sure you read all of this page including the bottom page notes for complete information.
(source)

For that reason I always check multiple sources when creating rune words with HRs - both the rune order and valid bases.
It's a shame that the official page had (and possibly still have) such errors, and haven't been updated for years, especially after the announcement of D2R.
OP
Why are we supposed to copy data from another fansite to this fansite? Data there may not be accurate, especially for D2R.
We should either use official site (outdated though) or use data directly from game files.
This generator was very quickly obsolete. In fact, we instead opted for directly parsing the game files. There was a github page where some people had converted the D2 data files into json objects. We wrote a parser for that, and much of the database was built from it. This generator is completely useless now.

Edit: I've updated the OP to reflect this.

@Teebling Do you have a way to lock this post? I don't think it's relevant anymore.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...