163 replies   66508 views

Accidentally dropped Grief, stolen. My farewell to Online Bnet

No data yet

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
The vast majority of people, and the VAST majority of D2 players are synthetic human garbage.
No, the vast majority of people is not synthetic human garbage, we have over 8 Billion people on the planet and most of them are decent people. Just because you met some people who are jerks, doesn't mean that million other people are too. I did like 100 trades already and i have yet to meet a player who tries to scam me. For every asshole come dozen or hundres of decent people. If the majority are douchebags, this community Grief would never happened.

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Darq wrote: 2 years ago
No, the vast majority of people is not synthetic human garbage, we have over 8 Billion people on the planet and most of them are decent people. Just because you met some people who are jerks, doesn't mean that million other people are too. I did like 100 trades already and i have yet to meet a player who tries to scam me. For every asshole come dozen or hundres of decent people. If the majority are douchebags, this community Grief would never happened.
This thread and others ive seen like it proves not everyone or even most D2 players are jerks. So not really sure why people feel the need to comment that stuff.

Lets keep this thread free from that kind of negativity or debates guys.

Sorry I just tuned in. I can't believe you guys did that despite the fact that you are not completely sure that what he told was true. That's just the kindest action of all time.It really proves it's a loving community.

Also don't lose hope mate even if you lose a
Lo
. I remember when I first came to the game when d2r first came out, I didn't realize how valuable
Sur
is and traded both
Sur
I found from cow for low value stuff. Think of it this way, losing an item just allows you to play for a longer time in the game (maybe it doesn't help anyone at all but me lol)!

Currently taking a break from doing uber services. My old uber service thread: trade/uber-service-for-cheap-price-t331131.html.

Sorceress Americas PC
FREE_LOOP wrote: 2 years ago
Sorry I just tuned in. I can't believe you guys did that despite the fact that you are not completely sure that what he told was true. That's just the kindest action of all time.It really proves it's a loving community.
Well to be clear i had a few reasons to believe he was being completely honest.

1. hes an extremely active trader on D2io with tons of trust.
2. He didn't have to type out 9 paragraphs with multiple screenshots to be convincing
3. i had to delete screenshots that had him talking to the thief basically bragging about how he snatched it. lol

And then despite having him a new Grief within 3hr he didnt log back in for over a day on any accounts. xD

BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Well to be clear i had a few reasons to believe he was being completely honest.

1. hes an extremely active trader on D2io with tons of trust.
2. He didn't have to type out 9 paragraphs with multiple screenshots to be convincing
3. i had to delete screenshots that had him talking to the thief basically bragging about how he snatched it. lol

And then despite having him a new Grief within 3hr he didnt log back in for over a day on any accounts. xD
I see. Would be sweeter to me if he was given such support despite clear evidence :). We need higher trust baseline for each other these days. People who are willing to abuse such kindness to get a free Grief are just pathetic anyway.

I would love to see the bragging screen shots lol. Seems funny to me.

Currently taking a break from doing uber services. My old uber service thread: trade/uber-service-for-cheap-price-t331131.html.

Sorceress Americas PC
I see. Would be sweeter to me if he was given such support despite clear evidence :). People who are willing to abuse such kindness to get a free Grief are just pathetic anyway.
when i posted this story on the diablo subreddits at least 30 people commented something like "oh i lost my Enigma too guys, plz halp" lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... t_new_one/
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/commen ... t_new_one/

when i posted this story on the diablo subreddits at least 30 people commented "oh i lost my Enigma too guys, plz halp" lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... t_new_one/
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/commen ... t_new_one/

image.png
hahaha I'm sure they're just being funny.
But there are a lot of pathetic people in the world that's true.

Yesterday i saw this post by Google recommendation and i was pleasantly surprised by this community, because of this novel gesture, so i decided to create an account, cassualy yesterday i got my first drop of a
Lo
rune.

There are awful people who take advantage of everyone, but there are nice people too

Sorceress Americas PC
hahaha I'm sure they're just being funny.
Oh ya i dont think any of them were legit serious. But it did get a little old after the 20th or so duplicate comment lol.

Im glad this story has gotten so much attention and i hope it can continue to spread positive vibes throughout the D2 community. :D

Oh ya i dont think any of them were legit serious. But it did get a little old after the 20th or so duplicate comment lol.
People like to join the gang and have the fun is what they do. I myself also find it sometimes stupid and boring.

Sorceress Americas PC
People like to join the gang and have the fun is what they do. I myself also find it sometimes stupid and boring.
i think its just reddit and youtube comment sections has everyone racing to be the top comment. Those likes give POWA.

i think its just reddit and youtube comment sections has everyone racing to be the top comment. Those likes give POWA.
There are other reasons as well, as to why you would experience degeneracy at greater frequencies on Youtube, Twitter, and Reddit...but I cannot extrapolate on said reasons.
I can donate a
Gul
. Sorry for what happened to you.

Add me 大肉丸#4680

Sorceress Americas PC
lzbboys wrote: 2 years ago
I can donate a
Gul
We already made him a new one :D. but thank you for your offer!

lzbboys wrote: 2 years ago
I can donate a
Gul
We already made him a new one :D. but thank you for your offer!
Woaw, that's nice. Didn't read through all the replies. This is a good community.

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
Right! I feel heavily invested in this story at this point. its got all the right stuff. drama, thievery, a villain, a group of heroes coming together to save the day, and a cliffhanger of will our protagonist find out that his long lost love isnt dead after all.
Imagine how the drama would have escalated if Billy then proceeded to run away with the community-made Grief... :D

Good job though, nice to see the generosity from everyone here!

Sorceress Americas PC
Peacku wrote: 2 years ago
Imagine how the drama would have escalated if Billy then proceeded to run away with the community-made Grief... :D
Abandon D2io and my mod position for a digital in-game item? I wouldn't even think of it.

I mean, if it was a perfectly rolled Grief? maybe... or.. if it was like a 20/20 S torch? Obviously.

Faith in humanity restored. You guys are amazing.
Peacku wrote: 2 years ago
Abandon D2io and my mod position for a digital in-game item? I wouldn't even think of it.

I mean, if it was a perfectly rolled Grief? maybe... or.. if it was like a 20/20 S torch? Obviously.

trump.gif
Do you all realize what this means? If we ever get sick of @BillyMaysed and want him to go away, all we need is a 20/20 Storch.

Just kidding. XD

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
cool that the community came together on this, it's crazy to me that people are such scumbags. I mean, I believe someone would do this I just hope that no one i know would ever do something like this @_@ I'd pick it up FOR him so that someone else didn't jack it...so maybe he'd thought I had stolen it for a split second :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...