Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
35 replies   33120 views

Description

Ok, I need someone to please explain this to me. I understand that you have to sell a random amount of SOJ's to the vendor in order to get
Uber Diablo
to spawn but where in the HELL is everyone getting so many SOJ's to be able to sell them. After two months of playing this game I just got my first one to drop. How are people getting this done? Thank you ahead of time
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Ryi 3

Sorceress Americas PC
Ok, I need someone to please explain this to me. I understand that you have to sell a random amount of SOJ's to the vendor in order to get
Uber Diablo
to spawn but where in the HELL is everyone getting so many SOJ's to be able to sell them. After two months of playing this game I just got my first one to drop. How are people getting this done? Thank you ahead of time

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
They form groups to do
Diablo Clone
Walks and then they all mass collect anni's once
Uber Diablo
starts to spawn over all the games of a certain IP. You can find videos on YT explaining it in great detail exactly how its done.

Generally speaking, it's done via coordinated effort over Discord. You "pay" an admission fee of 2 SOJ. The runner collects all the SOJs and picks an IP address. The members have a few hours to make and camp a game on that IP. At the pre-determined time, the runner starts selling SOJs, and after 75 or more, DClone will pop. Whatever is leftover for the runner is his profit, everyone who bought in gets their spawn, and everyone else in the game who happens to also be on the IP also gets a chance.
The funny thing about this is that back in the old days of D2 you got these messages in the top left corner of the screen that said "xxx soj sold to vendors". Those were so common that you could go clone hunting whenever you wanted. Just wait for a bit, see if someone is selling larger amounts and then wait or jump servers.

In D2R I have *NEVER* seen one of these messages ... or the Dadablo walks one :(
Voyager2k10 wrote: 2 years ago
The funny thing about this is that back in the old days of D2 you got these messages in the top left corner of the screen that said "xxx soj sold to vendors". Those were so common that you could go clone hunting whenever you wanted. Just wait for a bit, see if someone is selling larger amounts and then wait or jump servers.

In D2R I have *NEVER* seen one of these messages ... or the Dadablo walks one :(
It is because since SoJ-s aren't duped anymore, walks are only made by coordinated groups on Asia region and handpicked IP's so they can fill IP pool with their own games.
It's absurd. We're hoping blizzard will implement some change sooner or later.

For example 1 soj = 1 walk in your personal game. (maybe 2 sojs?)

Misanthropia#2220

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
hopefully in a couple months when all the tryhards get their perfect anni we'll have some less perfect ones at an affordable price? other than that i dont have much hope of ever getting my hands on one, i've yet to even drop a SoJ
waffels wrote: 2 years ago

I rather if it was a random event in random IPs once per month or so.

I kind of wish at least some item would hold its value throughout game.
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago

Well... I feel like
El
has done a good job in that it held its nonexistent value consistently. Ontopic: the walks that I've taken place in so far have been really well organized, so while it's obviously a really weird mechanic and definitely not the developers' intended way of doing things, it is what it is: a relatively good chance to get an Anni (with of course always the risk of not hitting the IP)

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
PrincipalOShagH wrote: 2 years ago
Cryptography wrote: 2 years ago

Well... I feel like
El
has done a good job in that it held its nonexistent value consistently. Ontopic: the walks that I've taken place in so far have been really well organized, so while it's obviously a really weird mechanic and definitely not the developers' intended way of doing things, it is what it is: a relatively good chance to get an Anni (with of course always the risk of not hitting the IP)
Whatever that means.
Which part exactly?

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
Its also only good for clans or large groups with coordinated planning. Not great for the majority of the rest of us who play the game for shorter bursts and have to get extremely lucky by finding HR's or an SOJ to get one

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
The situation is much worse than that, thankfully it's going to be addressed with 2.4.
I've participated a little bit in the back rooms where DClone walks are getting organized, so let me tell you exactly what has been going on:

People are using firewall rules and running on specific regions (Europe or Asia/Mumbai) to target specific sets of IPs. This may be why casual NA users do not ever see DClone walk on their own.

"Multis" are WAY easier to set up than in original Diablo 2. This is because in original Diablo 2, you needed a different IP address for each client you were connecting with, while in D2R, you only need a unique account for each new client. There are programs out there that allow you to launch multiple clients on a single computer - they're not popularly discussed because there is a profit motive in preventing casuals from doing this, so most people who know how to do it have no reason to teach anyone else. But they're out there, and freely available.

A single Anni is worth more than an entire copy of D2R (roughly, prices keep changing over time, and methods of converting items into real money have different efficiency, but this certainly is true in many cases). This means that the profit motive for getting additional clients into DClone walks is roughly unlimited. For each copy of D2 you buy, if you can get a single additional Anni out of it, it basically has already paid off.

People who organize walks have no way of knowing how many clients you're bringing. People who have tons of clients benefit paying a small buy-in and then trying to squeeze their 10-20+ clients into the one hot IP. There is a huge profit motive in doing this, and no real way to stop it.

Because multi-client users are trying to use up all the spots on a hot server, single-client users who pay SoJs to buy in have a higher chance of getting screwed and not finding a game.

Also, because the multi-clienters farm Annis so hard and have them in bulk, they've depressed the market to the point where an Anni is worth less than 2 SoJs.

As these trends continue, it becomes less and less viable for "traditional" DClone hunting - where you have a single client, pay 2 SoJs, and get 1 Anni out of it - to run at all. Traditional DClone hunting is basically dead at this point as a result.

Instead, there is a new method of DClone hunting where a single person collects 100+ clients that they control entirely; they privately choose an IP and get all their clients onto that IP without telling anyone else about it; and then they sell these games to people for a set SoJ price (last I saw was 3 SoJs for 2 games), and do the walk once they've collected everyone's SoJs. The one person in control of everything passes out as many games as they need to to raise the SoJs needed for the walk, and then any clients/games they have beyond that are pure profit. As far as I know, this is the only form of DClone walking (beyond large public events done by streamers) that is viable right now.

So, we've reached a point where Annis are basically completely controlled by an extremely small number of people (I know of ~4, perhaps there are more) who can afford to invest thousands of dollars into running over 100 copies of D2R at a time. Of course, these people almost certainly sell all/most of their Annis for real money, because why else would you invest so much money into the scheme to begin with?

Everything that was originally interesting or fun about DClone walking is completely broken now. It was already in a pretty terrible place when D2R released because of the high price of SoJs (since there are no duped ones hanging around now), but the paradigm that has evolved out of the capability to run an unlimited number of clients on a single IP address has destroyed even the niche community of DClone hunting that used to exist.

The whole mechanic is completely non-functional now. If Blizzard allows Ladder to go live with current DClone mechanics, the only thing they will accomplish is to make these people who have invested in these 100+ client setups very very rich, as they will be in a position to control the vast majority of Ladder Annis in the whole world. It needs to be changed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... u_need_to/

y2kid 109

PC
afkeeker wrote: 2 years ago
Generally speaking, it's done via coordinated effort over Discord. You "pay" an admission fee of 2 SOJ. The runner collects all the SOJs and picks an IP address. The members have a few hours to make and camp a game on that IP. At the pre-determined time, the runner starts selling SOJs, and after 75 or more, DClone will pop. Whatever is leftover for the runner is his profit, everyone who bought in gets their spawn, and everyone else in the game who happens to also be on the IP also gets a chance.

Lol if whatever is left goes to the runner I think you got scammed. Or the runner was not very friendly 🤣. When I did walks I'd usually come up with some sort of a raffle or a mini game for the leftover rings so that anyone has a chance to find it. Unless 10 or so are left at which point yeah... I just keep them

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

y2kid 109

PC

They announced a DC change is in the works. It's neither confirmed or denied whether that change will come with 2.4 or later

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
I am of the perhaps unpopular opinion that every single item in the game should be droppable and every single event in the game available to a solo player if she puts in sufficient time.

I have been playing this game for a lot of years and have yet to get any of the highest tier items except through trading and never will with the current mechanics.

While I applaud the low drop rates and love the balance of loot overall, having the end game something a necessarily casual player will never participate in sucks.

Add to this that I am hardcore, always, and there is no safety net in D2 whatsoever. Now, of course I recognize that this is my choice, but it certainly makes reaching the endgame much harder.

Having to pay SOJ's to spawn an end game event is silly, has always been silly, and caters too heavily to softcore teams.

My $0.02. I do hope they reform it.

Cheers.
Just a question, which items are not droppable? Are you meaning that the Anni charm doesn't drop without another drop?

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
No, in theory everything is droppable, it is mathematically conceivable that I could find, horde and sell (to use the example of this thread) all the SOJ's needed, but this is wildly unrealistic.

First, this is the sort of game which attracts the old school gamer, those willing to work to build something worth playing. However, such old school gamers are often adults with lives. Take me, for example, I work 8-10 hours per day, have a son, etc. Could I realistically farm that many SOJ's? No, not in this lifetime.

Why not have the Dclone proc randomly in Hell-Only games? Remove the real money incentive for rich teams to farm this and destroy the economy for the rest of us, while granting everyone a small shot at this endgame content.

That's my point.
I think dclone now is supposed to be a community event. I don't think the devs think that one person is going to collect the 100+
SOJs to trigger a walk.

Dclone was a solution to a problem that no longer exists, and so the solution to it's current existence is flawed either way.

Perhaps having Dclone spawn from 1 SOJ sale in your game only, like single player, would be a way to keep its value and still be rewarding to the player. Farm for days to get a SOJ, sell it and beat
Uber Diablo
. You will likely think twice about selling that anni then.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Hardcore is definitely hard to get Anni, and I agree that it is an issue. The SoJ bar could be lower for these environments.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...