Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   2787 views

Description

Recently got my hands on on an ethereal
Crown of Thieves
and thought I might as well up it since I had the runes to spare but I'm not sure if it worked as intended.

Pre-upgrade it had 465 total def from 172% ED, a pretty low roll but I didn't mind, after upping it from a
Grand Crown
to a
Corona
I ended up with 473 total def, an increase of only 8def which seems weird because just the increase in defense in the base item is 52def (
Grand Crown
78-113 vs
Corona
111-165). From my understanding a unique item will always have the highest def of the base item so in my case I should have ended up with just north of 670 total def (165 base def + 50%
Eth
bonus + 172%ED).

Is there some hidden rule when upgrading I'm not aware of? I've only upgraded my vipermagi armor earlier in D2R and ended up with the expected total defense.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer myself with some more googling, apparently the base defense of the item will be randomized when upping to Exceptional/Elite, so in my case I just had the bad luck of a low roll, managed to roll the base item somewhere areound 116, 5 off from the lowest possible. :(
Description by Pirazy

Can be used to make Runewords:

Recently got my hands on on an ethereal
Crown of Thieves
and thought I might as well up it since I had the runes to spare but I'm not sure if it worked as intended.

Pre-upgrade it had 465 total def from 172% ED, a pretty low roll but I didn't mind, after upping it from a
Grand Crown
to a
Corona
I ended up with 473 total def, an increase of only 8def which seems weird because just the increase in defense in the base item is 52def (
Grand Crown
78-113 vs
Corona
111-165). From my understanding a unique item will always have the highest def of the base item so in my case I should have ended up with just north of 670 total def (165 base def + 50%
Eth
bonus + 172%ED).

Is there some hidden rule when upgrading I'm not aware of? I've only upgraded my vipermagi armor earlier in D2R and ended up with the expected total defense.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer myself with some more googling, apparently the base defense of the item will be randomized when upping to Exceptional/Elite, so in my case I just had the bad luck of a low roll, managed to roll the base item somewhere areound 116, 5 off from the lowest possible. :(

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Pirazy wrote: 2 years ago
Well thanks for the information! At least we know now. :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation