Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
43 replies   54549 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Noxx123 0

Uh, I mean some of this is right but you can't find a console sorc torch of any kind for less than a freakin
Sur

BillyMaysed 2188Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Noxx123 wrote: 2 years ago
Uh, I mean some of this is right but you can't find a console sorc torch of any kind for less than a freakin
Sur
Ya thats because like 9 people play console atm. lol xD

Im sure once v1.0 drops for the trade section and its easier for console players to trade it'll help ease the market a bit. But prices are mostly dictated by supply and demand.

Sintorch 0

How would a 20/10 sorc torch be priced in that case? I was pretty excited to see sorc, but the 10 all res was a let down.

Sorceress Americas PC
Sintorch wrote: 2 years ago
How would a 20/10 sorc torch be priced in that case? I was pretty excited to see sorc, but the 10 all res was a let down.
If no one responds to you, you can always post in the Price Check section to see if you get a response there too. price-check/

trade/hellfire-torch-sorceress-t418407.html

I might be wrong, but I'd somehow put it similar to the one I sold a few days back (sum is bigger, but res is more important in most cases than attributes). Also depends how patient you can be selling. Had the torch up once before and got offers ranging around
Gul
/
Vex

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731

Sorceress Americas PC
PrincipalOShagH wrote: 2 years ago
(sum is bigger, but res is more important in most cases than attributes)
Isn't res always better for all torches? Or do some torches sell for more with higher attributes?

That was more related for "it's more useful in most cases". I've experienced myself sometimes, that I prefer to have 1 more on attributes rather than 1 more res, because I'm crappy at math (that's no problem as a math teacher, right?) and can't calculate how much str I need to put on my upped equipment.

Related to your question: Yes, I think so.

Hello everyone,
I agree with with @Sober2085 about the fact that there should be at least a minimum price for a 10/10. Torch isn't something for lower chars, so high level players should be able to pay at least
Um
or even
Mal
for a lower torch. Other than that, it depends of market requests, item quality, so technicality there can't be a maximum price for any kind of build/torch .
Either the update really made selling torches way easier or my prices have dropped so far, that the people bite. Sold 4 or 5 torches today alone that I had previously on here for days or even a week. Gives hope, that maybe with more people finding the torches the prices might rise at least a bit again.

Sorceress Americas PC
Either the update really made selling torches way easier or my prices have dropped so far, that the people bite. Sold 4 or 5 torches today alone that I had previously on here for days or even a week. Gives hope, that maybe with more people finding the torches the prices might rise at least a bit again.
v1.0 making life easier for everybody. :D

Glad its already helping improve the trade experience!

I suspect most prices will go downhill from here with increasing supply and lesser demand.

The exception being 20/20, 20/xx, and xx/20 torches. Those might retain value better as people upgrade their existing torches.
Sekraan wrote: 2 years ago
I suspect most prices will go downhill from here with increasing supply and lesser demand.

The exception being 20/20, 20/xx, and xx/20 torches. Those might retain value better as people upgrade their existing torches.
The way for my reasoning is - while obviously you're correct, that more and more players already have a solid torch in their inventory - I feel like a lot of sellers (me included) just dropped their prices so far, that they just could get anything for the torch, while knowing they make a net loss compared to
Gul
for 3x3. Now with torches being easier to be found and thus getting more interest quickly, maybe the prices start slowly climbing at least to a moderate level.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
it was my belief that torches/
Key
prices would eventually rise a bit because they had gotten so low that it made farming for keys not worth the trouble. im not gonna spend the 4-6 hours farming for keys only to sell them for a
Mal
rune.
Well from my experience, 3x3 consistently went for
Gul
/
Ist
+
Mal
. Has this changed lately? Haven't sold or bought keysets, but rather gotten them with an add for unid torches.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
personally it seems like its been pretty hard to sell a 3x3 for
Gul
or
Ist
+
Mal
The way for my reasoning is - while obviously you're correct, that more and more players already have a solid torch in their inventory - I feel like a lot of sellers (me included) just dropped their prices so far, that they just could get anything for the torch, while knowing they make a net loss compared to
Gul
for 3x3. Now with torches being easier to be found and thus getting more interest quickly, maybe the prices start slowly climbing at least to a moderate level.
The tricky part is that there are multiple venues for trading and only partial overlap between buyers/sellers. d2io, d2jsp, traderie, various discords, in-game, probably others I don't know about.

I'm sure there are people who trade exclusively on d2io. So your hypothesis may be true for d2io but not necessarily reflective of the broader market. You'd have to compare prices here vs. elsewhere to check.

Gameplay trends are also a factor. Awareness of the changes to IAS mechanics in D2R vs. D2 has made bowazon more popular recently and it seems like torch prices have risen as a result. Perhaps new discoveries of viable builds could do the same for other torches, though stuff like druid/barb is so oversupplied it might not make a dent.

For what it's worth, I use this site as an adjunct to d2jsp to gauge market pricing: [removed link - Teebling - these guys have stolen shit from me and I won't tolerate advertising of their services here]
Ppls should keep in mind that it's the only item (charm) that you keep in inventory and it gives you +3 to all skills, attrs and res. To get it you need to farm 9 keys and have char/s capable to beat 6 uber monsters . When they bid
Fal
or
Pul
it's clear that they have no idea what's the real value of an item like this.
Pul
= 1 tier C skiller which gives +1 skill at some kind of mastery. For a
Fal
or
Pul
I better give it for free to a friend or keep it on a char even a different type just for attrs and res.

Sorceress Americas PC
elderhand wrote: 2 years ago
Ppls should keep in mind that it's the only item (charm) that you keep in inventory and it gives you +3 to all skills, attrs and res. To get it you need to farm 9 keys and have char/s capable to beat 6 uber monsters . When they bid
Fal
or
Pul
Pul
Fal
or
Pul
I better give it for free to a friend or keep it on a char even a different type just for attrs and res.
The OP is a guide for torches to get a general idea, but there is no set price for anything. There is only the price the buyer and seller agree upon. A lot of torches like low barb/druid torches may never sell and are given away for free a lot of times or for practically nothing. Especially on non-ladder after some time. Also, the price of skiller GCs have no baring on torch prices.

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
elderhand wrote: 2 years ago
Fal
or
Pul
Pul
Fal
or
Pul
in the moment is
Pul
the low price for torches (got a necro one with 12/17) and value will decrease until the people stop farming ubers. In way, if you pay an
Um
for 25 Torch now you get the feeling you overpayed. The buyers are in a stronger position because there are so many torches in the trades. Some trader will trade it for low just because unsold torches have no value and takes space away.

Skiller are a different story, you can have more then one and there are so many different version of ( 7 classes for torches oppose to 21 skilltrees for skillers) and you can't farm them specifically.
The price of torches have come down as the market is flooded. You only need a torch for one character and it's not like you can stack them on a single character like the skiller charms.

Waiting for a Pally torch for an
Ist
. :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...